Stop Light Murder | Teen Ink

Stop Light Murder

December 9, 2014
By lobsterlovah SILVER, Jonesport, Maine
lobsterlovah SILVER, Jonesport, Maine
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Baseball was, is and always will be the best game in the world. -Babe Ruth


I stopped at the light that had just turned red. I was looking down the road and out of the corner of my eye, I spot a very frightening sight: a man being held at gun point for his wallet. I watched the man with the gun try to grab the other guy’s wallet but he wouldn’t let him do it, not without a fight. He put his gun back in his pants and put up his fists one that had been cut a many of times by the scars on it. I wanted to call the cops or do something, but there was no point because by the time they would show up someone would be dead. The man being robbed of his money set his brief case down, rolled up his sleeves, and was ready to defend his money and his life. The fight began.
It was a pretty even match up, but of course the man with the hand gun had the upper hand because of the weapon he possessed. I couldn’t help myself but keep wondering why this man wouldn’t just give his wallet to the man so he didn’t get hurt. I then realized he was doing it for respect, because you can buy a wallet every day and make money every day, but you can’t buy respect. You earn it and if you need to fight to earn respect, then that’s what you do. The man with the hand gun was being pinned down and was about to get cold cocked, but at the last second he pulled out his gun and shot the other man right in the gut. The robber took the wallet and ran off and the red light changed green. With reluctance as I drove by the dead mans’ body I didn’t stop. I drove on knowing if I stopped I might get shot too.