The Woman in Permanent White | Teen Ink

The Woman in Permanent White

By fantasydreamer13 SILVER, Sacramento, California
fantasydreamer13 SILVER, Sacramento, California

It was her wedding day. Her day to thrive in a happy moment and bind herself to her love. Never have she been so in love. Its as if her heart stopped every time she saw him. She knew he was the one and nothing could take that moment away. She slowly walked down the asile. Her heart pouding in her shoes, hands shaking violently, and eyes on the laced carpe below. Finally, she approached him.

He was motionless.Extremely stiff and quiet. He smelt greatly of grass and birds. Black feathers draped his shoulders like a cover. All she can seem to see is his endless smile. She knew he was as happy as her. After a moment of getting lost in his smile, mentally, she heard the preacher say, " You may kiss the bride. " She leaned in and gave him a small gentle kiss, but no matter how gentle the kiss was, she still felt as if her lips kissed a bunch of dull needles. Prodding her lips. After, kissing her scarecrow husband.

She didn't care though because, she loved him. Then the wedding repeats in an endless cycle. All because she wanted to feel that moment again and again. Never getting tired of it. In the same field and in the same spot, day after day. Anyone who makes a wrong turn onto the wrong road, can see her wedding. Only if they happen to gaze and get lost into the sea of corn.

Once has one person seen the wedding and actually said something to the women in permanent white.

He said, "Congradulations."

It was his way of making fun of her or teasing her. Expecting nothing to happen because, it was obviously  just a crazy woman having a wedding with a scarecrow, the scarecrow turned and said, " Thank you."