The Valley of the Vampires | Teen Ink

The Valley of the Vampires

By Lainah BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Lainah BRONZE, Lahore, Other

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ( conficous )

“Admit it, we’re lost!” I said to my brother. We had been driving for the past two hours. “We’re not lost, we just have to go a little further and from there we turn left”, Said my brother. I moaned. We had come to the mountains to see the beautiful scenery. Today my brother had promised me that he would take me to a hike. But to do that we had to find the hiking trail first I thought miserably. My brother’s voice disturbed my thoughts. “We’re almost there. Look I can see a trail on the left side of the road”, he said. We went a little further and then he stopped the car and got out. “Are you sure this is the right trail?” I said, looking doubtfully towards it. The trail led down to a deep dark valley. My brother must have seen the expression on my face, because he laughed and said that I was a coward. I put on a brave face and grabbed my bag pack. We started to climb down.  Halfway down, I regretted my decision, but we couldn’t go back.
The valley was deep and dark. I could see strange shadows everywhere. Once or twice, I thought that someone was following us but when I turned around, I saw nothing.  After a while, we sat down and rested. My brother volunteered to go ahead and see the path, while I rested. He had gone for only a little while, when I heard a blood curling scream. I shook with fear. I stood up and started to race towards the place from where I heard his scream. I got there just in time, to see my brother being lifted off the ground, by two strangers. He  explained that he had been attacked by something and the two men had saved him. I didn’t like the look of them. They introduced themselves as Arthur and William. When I looked at them, I always saw cold, icy eyes staring back at me. They invited me and my brother to their house, which was located, in the heart of the valley. I tried to convince my brother to go back but he said that it would look rude. On the way to their house, I noticed that Arthur and William’s front teeth were long and sharp, they looked like fangs. Then a horrible thought crossed my mind, could Arthur and William be vampires? I shivered. Arthur must have seen me shivering because he gave me a gruesome smile as if to say that my suspicions were right. I separated my brother from them and told him what I thought. “What gave you that idea?” He asked. Then I noticed something terrible, his voice was icy cold and his eyes were filled with emptiness. I took some steps backwards and whispered, “Are you one of them”? He smiled ghastly and said “Yes! And soon you will also be one of us. You will also become a vampire!” He started to come towards me. “NO……!” I screamed and then everything went black.
Suddenly I woke up, puffing and panting, as if I had been running. I was sitting on my bed and my brother was staring at me, as though I had gone completely mad. ‘It had only been a dream……’ I thought relaxing.
My brother got out of bed and said “Come on slowpoke! Get out of bed, don’t you remember that we have to go hiking today.” “NO…!” I screamed. “OK! OK!, If you don’t want to go just say so. No need to shout!”
I know that it was only a dream but I wasn’t taking any chances.

Lainah BRONZE said...
on Nov. 9 2014 at 10:44 am
Lainah BRONZE, Lahore, Other

All boys are like that. They never admit their mistakes but instead try to insist that they're right. :)

GirlGenius SILVER, Oakland, New Jersey

The question for today is* : If you could solve any world crisis right now, what would it be?
(*-GirlGenius's favorite quote)

Ha ha ha!! That reminds me of my brother and me!