Midnight Terror | Teen Ink

Midnight Terror

By woolenweevil GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
woolenweevil GOLD, Centerville, Iowa

The following journal entries followed Dr. Isaac Kilsinger, as he studied strange accounts from a house in the middle of New York. These accounts are gruesome, and a few people have been reported dead. Dr. Kilsinger was found at the house dead, claw marks all over his body and his equipment trashed. Here is the remaining reports that he wrote.

I have recently been asked to investigate a house in New York, the stories I had heard, the pictures I saw. It seemed almost unreal. How could something like this get away for so long? Now they were wanting me to investigate. This is going to be interesting.  I start tomorrow, the owner is going to drop me and all of my equipment at the house. Then I would stay for a week and issue a report of the place.

The first night in the house went ok, minus the fact that I cant seem to find my recording equipment. I must have just misplaced it. Id find it in the morning. But how does a crap load of cameras, microphones, and laptops’ vanish.
The second night, things got a little weird, nothing serious, but enough to keep me awake that night. I found my equipment in a part of the house I hadn’t been in yet. The equipment had been ripped apart, my tapes in pieces, my camera with strange scratch marks. I wasn’t recording this mystery, but I did find another tape, it wasn’t mine though. I would check it out in the morning.
The following night, I watched the tape, it was blurry, but something caught my eye. It looked like a face and it was bloody and had what seemed to be cuts, four to be exact. That same night my bed had been cut, Four exactly just like the video. I slept on the floor that night.
That next night, I encountered something, a creature, it had beady red eyes, and it was black and feathery. Its arms had claws on the end of them. And what do you know, they had four claws. This was making all the marks around the house. It must’ve also destroyed my equipment as well. The clock rang Midnight and it disappeared. I locked myself in the bedroom that night. All lights, no sleep.
That morning, I wanted out, I had seen enough. When I went to call the owners, the phone went dead. I ran to the door, but it was barred. The windows were stuck. I wasn’t going to get out. As it started getting dark, the lights went out. I grabbed the lanterns I had packed and turned them on. I decided that night I would barricade myself in the bathroom.
That same night, the creature attacked. It tore down the barricade with ease and tackled me to the before I could even react. It deeply scratched me , leaving my arm useless. The creature proceeded to hit me again with its arm. I was out cold.
When I woke that the next night, the creature was gone. It was cold and dark, The lanterns had went missing and my rations ran low. I wouldn’t be able to finish this mystery. Sounds filled the air. I was cold ,alone and scared. I roamed the halls, searching for a way out. I heard scampering behind me and whipped around. The creature was standing there. The clock struck Midnight and a dark haze filled the hall. It charged and my heart sunk as it hit me. I hit the ground and felt the sharp pain go through my body. It stood over me, raised its limbs, and swung. Everything went black. I was gone, for good.

Dr. Isaac Kilsinger was found dead at the scene. The house has been tore down and no one is allowed to enter the area.

In class we were told to write a thriller/horror story. THis is what i came up with.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences