Paranormal Investigator | Teen Ink

Paranormal Investigator

By woolenweevil GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
woolenweevil GOLD, Centerville, Iowa

Isaac Kilsinger,
My name is Isaac Kilsinger. I’m a paranormal investigator. There’s always a reason why people do certain things in life. I investigate activity that almost seems unreal. My reason for this is I had an experience that would change my life forever.
I was 18, fresh out of High School and working a full-time job. I had rented an apartment in New Jersey. I had returned to my apartment after a long day at work. When I walked in, my apartment was trashed. After I had called the police, they told me they would look into it. Figures, I thought, typical cop attitude. I picked up the apartment and laid down on the couch for a while and flipped on the T.V.  After about an hour, the lights flickered. I was too tired to even really notice and decided I would call the electric company in the morning. The lights flickered again and then darkness overcame me. Great, I thought, no power. I got up and found a flashlight in a drawer near the kitchen. I started scanning the room as the room gradually got colder. That’s when it caught my eye. A dark figure, thin in stature, an evil grin with sharp teeth, loose-ripped clothing, and limbs dragging. It was something out of a nightmare, a nightmare I couldn’t wake from. The figure stopped grinning and stared at me with pale eyes. The air grew colder. I froze to my spot, I didn’t want to move. I was barely able to speak, “What do you want?” The figure stared at me with dark, sunken eyes. I heard weeping, but it was ghostly and sounded distant. That’s when everything went downhill. It happened so quick. The figure screamed and ran at me, tackling me to the ground. I sat there and struggled with the creature, I wanted to survive not die, not tonight! I finally broke free and I bolted to the door. The door wouldn’t budge. I felt something breath down my neck. I turned to find it standing there. It grabbed me and tossed me across the apartment. The figure stared at me and growled as it came closer. I could tell my arm was broken or fractured just by the pain. The figure grabbed me again and threw me again. This time I landed in my somewhat of a kitchen. The lights flickered on. I scanned the room to find that the figure had disappeared.
That night would dawn a question on me forever. Why do lingering spirits of the dead attack us live beings? I also decided I would pursue the answer and become a paranormal investigator.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences