LAMBB | Teen Ink

LAMBB

October 15, 2014
By Hey_Lee BRONZE, Mayfield Hts., Ohio
Hey_Lee BRONZE, Mayfield Hts., Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Carpe Diem


 “Shhh…” the hag soothes, her spindly gray fingers rapping around my shoulders and trailing chills down my back. The touch, midnight water slithering over the jagged, newly added rocks, each one fighting to keep its edges, harsh and protective, from being forced down and smoothed, chases goose bumps developing on my skin. Where her hand trails I’m afraid for. It goes numb with fright then regains its feeling, frozen.


I dare not move. I ignore the creaky wooden door in the corner, slightly ajar and waving in the breeze that escapes out. I ignore the iron rod that protrudes from the hearth, its pointed tip consoling me. I ignore the lamp on the table next to me, its light dim with knowledge of what will come. My heart lurches as the gray hand lifts and starts again at the nape of my neck. A small noise escapes.


“Shhh…” the hag hushed again, more sternly, raking her fingers through my hair. “Don’t worry my pet.” Her voice is a rasp, ruff ended and harsh to the senses. It could rust metal, crack glass or even cause a dog to howl and hide its ears. A shiver snakes down my spine.


She grips the back of my knee and drags her nail down my calf. I can’t fight the cry lodged at the back of my throat. I whimper. The hag grabs me by my shoulders and shakes. “I said stop that! Stop that now!” She screams as my face is thrashed into the tough, straw-like pillow. I tense my shoulders and try to shield my face from the blows. This only maddens her further. The hag stands up, pulling my body with her like a rag doll. She flips me so I’m facing her.


“Do you fear me child?” A sneer creeps its way across her lips, pulling them back and exposing the yellowed teeth beneath. Her breath, an assault to the nose and her eyes’ filmed over to a milky blue hue. I cringe away, but I’m pulled closer. “Why do you not behave?!”


Closing my eyes I swallow hard. The hag tosses me to the bed. My back slams against the hard mattress. It stabs my muscles. A ripple of pain floats over my body and I’m momentarily paralyzed. I can feel her crawl on top of me like a ghoul out of Hell. Turning my cheek I bury my face as deep as I can into the pillow. I can hear take a long, drawn out drag off my hair.  I can feel her stroking down my neck. Her ragged clothing ghosts over my skin and I flinch away, trying to escape their horrid teasing.


A sharp streak of pain runs along my neck as she drags her nail down my exposed skin. Heat runs out and I grunt, clenching my teeth. The hag bends down to my ear, so close the chill from her dead skin leaps to my own.


She growls, “And yet, you still fight?”