A Mystery Gone Wrong | Teen Ink

A Mystery Gone Wrong

By sports1333 BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
sports1333 BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas

"Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit and still keep moving forward".

One dark night in Louisiana there were six teenaged kids coming home from a party. Xavier was 17 and the oldest. He was very tall, and he had brown hair with blue eyes. Zane was 15 and the youngest. He was short and had blonde hair with green eyes. Ashlyn was 15, short and had blonde hair with brown eyes. Tag was 16, very tall, like his older brother, Xavier. He had black hair with hazel eyes. Joey was also 16. He was tall and had black hair with brown eyes. Daniel was 17, very short, brown hair with green eyes. They were very close, they might as well be called family.

Xavier was driving home. The traffic was backed up, so he said, “Let’s take the route in the cemetery.”

“Fine,” replied Ashlyn. She had a crush on Xavier.

Daniel turned up the radio and they all started singing,” Why is James crying because he just go dunked on. “By Froggy Fresh.”

Suddenly a figure stepped out into the middle of the road. He had a long gray beard with wild stringy hair. Xavier yanked the steering wheel sharply to the right. The car swerved off of the road, through a ditch, and finally stopped after striking a tombstone.

Xavier asked “Is everyone alright?
Joey said “Yeah, we alright but Ashlyn hit her head and she is bleeding.
Ashlyn said “I am fine”.
“Okay”, Xavier said.
The boys got out and went to look for the guy.
Ashlyn said “, I am staying in the car”.
“Okay”, Xavier said.

They boys went on, they were gone for a long time, but when they got back Ashlyn was gone. So it was 12a.m., they were up all night looking for her. They didn’t find her. So they went back to the house to get their dog to see if he could find anything and he did. He found her phone under a pile of leaves.

“It’s dead”, Daniel said.
Joey said “, We have to charge it.”
They went back home ad called the last person she talked to, which was her friend Taylor. She didn’t know where she was either. They checked everywhere, but one place, the woods.

Xavier said “I never got to tell Ashlyn that I loved her”.
“Dude”, Daniel said. “You didn’t know that she has a crush on you”.
“NO”! How come y’all didn’t tell me?” Xavier said.
“We thought you knew!” Joey said. “It was pretty obvious.”
“Okay, we have got to find her,” Xavier said.

They walked until they found this old abandoned house. There were bodies hanging from the trees. They went in the house to see what was in there.

There was a living room with a TV, but it didn’t turn on. A couch and a chair, the kitchen had a stove, dining table, but there was still food on there, it was only a couple days old. The house had five bedrooms, four bedrooms, an attic, and a basement. They checked the attic, nothing, basement, nothing, bedrooms, nothing, except the door by the basement. Tag opened the door and tried to turn on the light, but then the door shut. They were trapped.

They all screamed, “HELP”, repeatedly.

Tag said, “Y’all hear that?

It was growling…