Run Anne Run | Teen Ink

Run Anne Run

By writers_ink BRONZE, Mumbai, Other
writers_ink BRONZE, Mumbai, Other

When you are alone,you think. When you think,you remember. When you remember,you feel pain.

Psychology says that no matter how much ever you try, you can never remember the beginning of your dream or nightmare. yup, the story I have written is my nightmare. And the statement is the explanation as to why is my story starting from midway? Like you might have questions as to why her dad is trying to kill her and all. But frankly even I don't know the answers. I did not want to fake the beginning so I wrote as how much ever I saw.
___________________________________________________________________________
                       "Anne, don't hide from beloved daddy, dear." My dad said getting closer to from where I was hiding."Anne, where are you?" he said angrily, gripping his recently sharpened knife stronger. I was in my little closet below my big cupboard hidden by my bunk bed. It was dark in there but it seemed like a little voice telling me ' if you are in no mood to die, better stay here'.
                        I held my doll Barbara more tightly and maybe must have pressed that little button on her stomach. Out came her robotic voice, "Come play with me, friend". Her voice echoed in my room and no sooner her voice stopped than, I saw my dad getting on his knees and hand, "Hi Anne, so you are here, sweetie."I jumped out and crawled from underneath my bed. I grabbed the knife that was the very tool supposed to be used for killing me. I ran. "Get back here, you nut", I heard him yelling from behind. I ran out from the door down to the streets covered with snow. Yeah, it was December time. The snow on ground took no time to freeze my 8 year old tiny toes. I cried "help me" helter skelter. I scooted from the neighbor’s door I was banging as soon as I saw him running behind me. He was screaming "anne" and I was like "no" and ran away into the woods . It was dark here, thanks to the greenery around me and tall trees. I couldn't see anything. I ran. Ran and ran. Then suddenly, my foot caught a branch and I fell down hitting my head on the ground having no effect of the snow. I blacked out.
                       "ANNE, come ‘on get up you brat", I felt cold chilly water being splashed on me. I tried getting up, pulling myself but dammed I was tied up. I started crying. No matter how much he slapped or punched me, I wouldn't stop crying."Ugh, you were always that useless stubborn child; anyways I will see you tomorrow morning. I saw him leaving the room and slamming the door. When he was gone, I looked at the rope and noticed it was a fat one and he couldn't have tied it more tightly and if I just keep pulling, it would soon loosen up. "yes", I whispered, as my one hand was set free. I heard the toilet flush so I again slipped my hands through the ropes but not tightly and just stared."What am I doing, ofcourse you are still here, you couldn't go anywhere you little rat." He walked to his room and I heard his creak of getting into bed and 10 mins later his snoring.
                             I crawled on the floor and opened up the door as quietly as possible, got back on my hands and knees and crawled into the kitchen.There she was :( :'(, my mom, blood coming out from the gaping hole of her  stomach. "MOMMY", I whispered, touching her cheeks as cold as ice. I felt the tears coming, hard and stinging my eyes, burning them,I felt my throat go dry and hurting."NO,absolutely no crying", I yelled at myself. I kissed her cheeks and crawled over to open the refrigerator. I stood up and grabbed the sandwich mommy made for me for lunch, a juicebox, 3 cartens of yoghurt and 2 bottles of cold water and put them in a plastic bag without making much noise. I went back to my room and pulled out my sweater and rain boots mommy bought me for my birthday and ran outside the front door as fast as I could. This time I ran even more faster without turning back.
                      The woods were the only place I could think of. I ran and ran and ran and ran and ran, and didn't stop. I kept running and running, when the sight of an old cottage came into view. I ran inside, and felt for a lightswitch on the wall, and it flicked on. The place was really old. There were webs on the walls, and the light was dusty, but it was safe and I was so far away from the house, and daddy. There were 3 rooms. the one I was in now was empty, except for what looked like used to be a furnace on the wall. the next room was the kitchen, the sink was rusty, and it made a weird sound before the water came out, and there was a door next to the nasty beat up refrigerator, which was a bathroom. The last room was one with a big window, and a beat up bed underneath. the bed was nice and cleaned up, but the blanket looked ancient, but at least I'd have somewhere to sleep. I went into the first room and sat on the floor, and opened my bag and pulled out my sandwich, and ate.It tasted so good, the way mommy made it, the mustard and mayonaise inside, with a little bit of the secret ingredient, but she'll never be able to make me a sandwich again. I drank my juice,and just sat on the floor starring into space. I was scared, so scared, and helpless. that's when I felt my throat get tight and my eyes get all stingy inside. I got up and walked to the room with the bed in it,and got under the covers and cried my heart out.
                        I woke up and the bright sunlight hurt my eyes I knew it was noon, and it was cold. I went into the used to be livingroom and grabbed my sweater, and slipped it on. I opened my bag and took out a yogurt and ate it with my fingers. my stomach stopped grumbling. I was thirsty though, so I went outside and grabbed some snow and held it in my mouth while it turned into water and drank it. it was so good, but my fingers were freezing. I went back into the cottage and sat on the floor and stared straight ahead. I was scared, so I closed my eyes. I thought about my mommy.Two days ago we went to the mall, and she got me really cute earrings to wear for my birthday party. but when daddy found out he hit her,and then she fell on the ground and didn't get up, but daddy said she was just taking a nap.
                         My eyelids snapped open, and it was dark outside and I heard a noise, a crunching noise, then a deep voice. I jumped up and shut off the lights and ran into the bathroom and shut the door quietly. then I heard it, the deep voice was louder. "Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are, where the hell are you Anne? I hope you starve." daddy said, opening the cottage door.
                      I slid open the tiny bathroom window, hopped up onto the sink and pushed my head through the window, and a cold breeze rushed across my cheeks, freezing them immediately. I slid the rest of my body through the window and hit the ground with a crunching thud. I got up and ran towards the house, my long brown hair swaying in the wind behind me. I didn't know where I was going to go. maybe Mrs. Masden's house, she could call the cops and get help for me. I had a long way to run and I knew it, but I wouldn't stop running, I didn't want to die yet, not yet. I heard the voice of my daddy far behind me,"Run,run,run as fast as you can I'll catch you, I'm the killer man, haha." I ran even faster, watching out for tree stumps and branches. there was no light except from the moon which was barely visible due to the trees. I saw the houses right up ahead, and ran faster. I opened up the door to the house and ran into the kitchen and saw mommy's body was gone. I stood there and stared at the floor.Then my daddy's arm was around my throat carrying me to my room. and he tied me to the bed with tinier ropes that I'd never be able to get out of. He went into the kitchen for a while, then came back with duct tape and a knife, he wrapped the duct tape around my mouth carelessly and my hair at least 7 times. I felt a tear slip out of my eye when he held the sharp gleaming knife over me. "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are, ha ha, this is the end of Anne Montgomery." I closed my eyes, and felt a huge stabbing sensation over and over and ove...

THE END

This is not an inspiration, but my dream. My dream was so realistic that i wanted to write all down. Ofcourse, I couldn't pen everything. Who remembers all of their dreams! It is mostly a thriller.