The Light Is Falling | Teen Ink

The Light Is Falling

September 10, 2014
By sknerr GOLD, Princeton, New Jersey
sknerr GOLD, Princeton, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott


Will walked west, towards the setting sun, which had been visible since the horrible morning of his birthday, so this was nothing special. He had always imagined that the savage sun was like a bloated tick; just waiting to devour his raw naked crippled figure with its angry gaping tooth-filled mouth.The fiery ball of blood was thin and pale yellow and it shone feebly through a tiny gap in the stormy gray clouds. The dirty snow showed no sign of the dimly lit sun and was as dull as usual. As he limped along, he saw through his mangled squinted eyes that this was much more hideous than the wretched town, with its littered sidewalks and roads filled with ugly gray slush. Then he saw the dark dingy Tramp's Alley cutting off from his least favorite road of all time, namely, the one that he was on. He often used this alley as a shortcut, despite the numerous cannibals, Gila monsters, and tiger traps it contained. He had been lucky, so far. It was even dirtier than the road and the snow was almost black. It had been trodden on by many human and alien feet and the snow was streaked with blood and decayed human bones. Will found this to be painfully boring but slightly better. He decided to take the gory dumpy path and leave this HELL behind.


The author's comments:

Blood and Gore. This was inspired by Susan Cooper's 'The Dark Is Rising'.