You and I are exactly Alike | Teen Ink

You and I are exactly Alike

By Danielle.Ruppert BRONZE, Freehold, New Jersey
Danielle.Ruppert BRONZE, Freehold, New Jersey

i say what i want to say and do what i want to do, theres no in between, people will either love you for it or hate you for it

I begged my mom since my freshman year, to go to Jacklynn's lake house for our prom weekend senior year. Now I know what you're thinking, why should I worry about this freshman year. It's just how the way things are in my school, you start planning your senior prom, the second you make friends freshman year. My mom didn't really like Jacklynn, she said that Jacklynn is not a good influence on me. The reason why is because in the 8th grade, she got suspended for smoking pot on school grounds. She couldn't go to graduation, or the eighth grade dance. Freshman year, Jacklynn started to hang out with me, and we sort of became best friends. I never smoked with Jacklynn, but we sometimes (don't judge me) drank together. When I started to drive, I was always the designated driver.

I'm going off topic, anyway one day, when Jacklynn and I were walking home, she mentioned that we should go to her lake house for our prom weekend. I was so excited, I ran home, and at dinner I told my parents, about our plans. They weren't too enthusiastic about the idea. Actually, my mom jumped out of her seat, and said no.

“You're not going to Jacklynn's lake house Paige, I told you, I don't like that girl.”

“But mom” I complained. “She's my best friend, best friends do things together.”

“Paige, I can't believe were talking about this now, you have three years until your senior prom” Mom replied.

“So I can go?” I replied.

“I never said that Paige, it's a no, people drink at prom weekends.”

“Mom!” I protested. “Everyone drinks at prom weekends.”

“Paige enough, I said no!” Mom yelled.

That didn't last long, my sophomore year, it was a 'we'll talk about it when we get there'. Than my junior year, it was an 'okay' finally!

My senior year, Jacklynn and I planned the prom weekend more than our own prom. I knew a boy who asked me to go to prom with him. He was going to go to Jacklynn's lake house too. My date's name was Kevin. Jacklynn had a date too his name was Austin. We had three other couples too. Their names were, Lily, Zander, Kim, Branden, Robert, and Kristen.

Anyway, even though we were more excited for prom weekend. We were excited for prom to, we rented a party bus, and picked out our dresses. I picked out a long, brown, mermaid dress with cheetah print mixed into it. Jacklynn's dress was a fitted purplish gold dress.

The Monday before prom, Jacklynn and I went to the mall to get some clothes and food for prom weekend. Jacklynn got a hat that said Wasted on it. I got a pink funnel, that lit up at the press of a button. Jacklynn was able to get someone to get us enough booze for the weekend. Hey it was prom weekend. When I got home, I hid the funnel away, I knew if mom found it, she would kill me. My cell rang, it was Kevin.

“Hey you,” I said into the phone.

“Hey guess what I did today?” Kevin replied.

“What's that?” I asked smiling, I walked over to my cage and took out Chedder, my bunny.

“I got measured for my tuxedo today.”

“Finally,” I said as I sat on my bed, I put Chedder on my lap.

I heard a chuckle, “so I went with the sparkly electric blue one”

“Please tell me you're joking!” I shouted.

Kevin laughed, “I'm just kidding.”

“I know” I replied, “So you got the same colors as my dress to match me?”

“Yes, the colors you requested, black suit, with a brown vest, and a tie.”

I smiled, “Thanks” I said.

“Oh you're welcome, I can't wait for you to see the corsage I ordered for you.”

“I bet it's a real pretty one” I replied.

“It is.”

After Kevin and I finished talking on the phone, I put Chedder back in his cage. I fed him some peanut butter, which he loves a lot. I went to bed after, my stomach erupting with anxiety about prom. I was excited but, I was also nervous. To be honest, I am not much of a drinker, Jacklynn doesn't pressure me into doing it. I'm scared for Jacklynn, you see, one day when we were out partying, Jacklynn took Molly, and was drinking like a madman. She passed out, her eyes were rolling in the back of her head. I took her to the hospital, she was vomiting in my car. When I got her to the hospital, they had to pump her stomach. Her parents came, they didn't even give a rat's ass that she was drinking. If that was my parents, I would be grounded for months. I wished that Jacklynn's parents were more strict with her. They don't really care about her, or what she does. It honestly, annoys me.

The day before prom, I packed up all of my stuff for the weekend. I packed my bathing suit for the lake. A white and purple sundress that I will wear when we go to the lake house. I packed the food, sunscreen, sunglasses, and extra beach towels. The day of prom, Jacklynn, Lily, and I got our hair done. I didn't get my make up done because I like to do it myself. So I watched Jacklynn and Lily get their make up done. When I got home, I did my make up. Since my dress was a dark brown, I used a gold eyeshadow for my eyes. I also used a black eyeliner and mascara. After, I included a soft pink blush on my cheeks. Than I finished off the look with a pink lipstick, and a clear lip gloss.

A few minutes before Kevin was supposed to show up, I went downstairs to wait for him. I didn't want to walk down the stairs, I think that's cheesy. I sat in the family room, with my dad, and watched the television with him.

“You look...really beautiful” dad said looking up and down at me.

“Thanks daddy” I replied.

“What time is whats-his-face supposed to come?”

“Kevin is supposed to come at any minute” I replied again.

As if on que, the doorbell rang. My mother and I raced to the door, I beat her to it. I opened the door, and there was Kevin and his parents. Kevin's mom had one of those outdated cameras, from like, ten thousand years ago. But that wasn't the first thing I noticed, what I did notice, was the corsage and the boutineer Kevin was holding. The colors were an extremely bright orange, with dark artifical-looking leaves. Also, there were soft, orange, ribbons on it. The flowers were roses, if you were wondering. Honestly, it was one of the most prettiest looking corsage and boutineer I have ever seen. I was grateful that Kevin went out of his way to order it for me. I knew he must've shelled out a few bucks to buy it. I wanted to order the boutineer for Kevin, but he wouldn't let me. Kevin said he wanted to buy the boutineer to. When Kevin put the corsage on me, his hand graced across mine.

When everyone came to my house, we posed for pictures like crazy. The party bus came, we scurried onto it. But first, my parents wanted to talk to me, they took me aside.

“Listen,” my dad started, “we want you to have fun this weekend, but please be careful, don't leave your drink out, and if you do make another one.”

“Don't worry about me mom and dad, I'll be fine” I replied.

“I know you will” Mom said.

I hugged them both goodbye, and joined the rest of the party. I climbed onto the bus, and there was Kevin standing at the door, waiting for me. He took my hand, and we walked to our seats together.

At prom, when a slow song played, Kevin would walk me to the dance floor. We danced together.

“You look great tonight” Kevin said.

“Thank you” I replied.

“Are you excited for the weekend?”

“Mm-hmm”

We were quiet for a few minutes, than I said.

“Thank you so much for my corsage,”

“You're welcome, I was at the flower shop for an hour trying to find a design for you. Than fighting with the flower lady for three hours to negotiate a fair price.”

I bursted out laughing, “did you win?” I asked.

“Not really, but I did manage to get it at a good price, since it was for a prom, I got a discount.”

I smiled, “Well, I don't care how much money you spent, the corsage it's beautiful.”

Kevin smiled back at me, and I hugged him.

After prom king and queen were announced, we raced out of the prom. We got back on the bus, and asked the driver to blast music. We danced like crazy and screamed “prom weekend bitches!”

We got back to my house, so we can get out of our dresses. We got dressed into our outfits, and packed up all the food in Austin's car and my car. Us girls piled into my black Dodge Neon, and I started to drive. So did Austin. I knew where to go because Jacklynn and I went a few weeks ago to stow away the booze. As I was driving, Jacklynn cracked opened a bottle of vodka, and started to drink it.

“Jacklynn!” I screamed.

“What?” she asked, taking a swig of it.

“You can't have a open thing of booze in the car, put it away!”

“Paige, it's prom weekend, who the hell cares, here have a sip!” She yelled shoving the bottle in my face. I almost veered into the other side of the road. The other car honked at me.

“Jacklynn, stop!” I screamed.

“Okay fine, you big baby” she said sitting back into her seat.

“F*** you” I replied.

After about an hour of screaming and arguing with each other, and me almost getting into like, five accidents. I pulled up into the lake house. Everyone jumped out of the car, I grabbed my bags, and I ran into the house. Jacklynn got out, and sorted all the booze. When I went to look for the funnel, I realized I forgot to pack it. There was no way going back now, I just shurgged my shoulders, and walked out. Music was blasting and Lily was taking shots. Zander was preparing another funnel.

I walked around looking for Kevin, I found him in the kitchen, mixing up vodka with orange juice.

“What are you making?” I asked.

“Some mumosa” He replied, making another glass, “want one?”

“Sure” I replied.

We walked into another room, where you can see a whole field through a window. We walked out onto the porch. We sat together, away from all of the noise and the commotion. The night was crisp, and warm. The moon was shining, and the stars were glowing.

“It's so nice out here,” I said sipping my drink.

“I know it's like everything is so clear here,” Kevin replied, propping his feet up on a free chair in front of him.

I went to say something, but we heard Kim and Branden in the bedroom. Kevin sighed,

“I'm not much of a partier, I mean I don't like to lose control of myself.”

“I understand” I replied.

When the noise died down, Kevin and I went back inside. Jacklynn was passed out on the floor. We weren't even here for a day, and she is already passed out. Kevin picked her up, and put her into her bed. We checked on everyone, to make sure they were okay. Than we went to bed, we had to share a bed, because there wasn't enough room. It was awkward I got dressed into a tank top and yoga pants. Kevin was already in bed. I slowly climbed in. Kevin propped one elbow up.

“Did you have fun tonight?” he asked, I nodded.

“I'm glad you did” he said.

I smiled, I turned to my side, so did Kevin.

I woke up with Kevin tangled around me, I moved away from him, and I got out of bed. I made some coffee. Jacklynn walked out looking like s***. The bags under her eyes proved it. Her hair was a tangled mess.

“Nice hair freakshow” I smirked.

“Shut up” she replied, plopping into her seat. Jacklynn got out a bottle of Gatorade, and chugged it down in two gulps.

The rest of the group started to come in, all looking like s***, except me and Kevin. I didn't feel like cooking, so I got out a bag of chips, and that counted as my breakfast.

“So what is going on today?” Kristen asked.

“Do you guys want to go to the lake?” Jacklynn asked.

We all agreed, so we slipped into our bathing suits, and raced to the lake. After we swam for a while, we got out, and tanned. Than we went back into the house. Jacklynn wanted to drink some more, but I took the bottle away from her.

“You can't drink anymore” I said, “You've had enough.”

“What are you her mother?” Lily smirked.

I turned, and faced her, “no her friend” I shot back. I honestly think that Lily doesn't know what friendship is.

“Well it's prom weekend, thats what you're supposed to do!” Lily screamed.

“Okay well I'm sorry, for being concerned about my friend!” I shouted back.

We were screaming at each other, when all of a sudden, something went throught the window. It was too fast to identify the axe, until it smashed into Jacklynn's face. Blood splattered all over the wall, the axe was so lodged into Jacklynn's face, that we couldn't see the axe part. We all screamed, and ran around the room. Kevin was trying to get everyone to calm down.

“Maybe it was an accident!” Kristen screamed.

“It couldn't be, how can an axe accidently go through the window?” Zander screamed.

We were yelling about possible accidents, when Kevin shouted “I found a note!”

It was on the end of the axe, with a DVD written on the note, it said, please watch. We carefully put the the CD in. The video was a recording, with a boy who I don't even know.

“Hello, Paige, Kevin, Zander, Robert, Austin, Branden, Lily, Kristen, Kim, and Jacklynn. I am glad you can read instructions. I don't know if you remember me, but I used to go to school with you guys. You guys used to torture me in every way that you could. So now it is time for me to get revenge. Every hour one of you guys will be killed like in three classic horror movies. Friday the 13th , The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Halloween. Each of you will soon be begging for mercy, but I don't care anymore.

“Every hour until each and everyone of you are killed. I will capture you, depending on what slasher I am, that's the way you die. Except for Paige, you get to die last. A slow and painful one Good luck...everyone.”

“Oh my god we have to get out of here!” Lily screamed.

“Okay let's go then!” I screamed, we ran outside, and ran for my neon. We jumped into my car, but when I tried to turn the car on, it wouldn't start.

“It wont start!” I screamed. Than I saw a sticky note on my wheel. I looked at it, and it said You can't escape in your cars, I cut the wires. Are you really that stupid?

Lily completely lost it,

“Paige, I dont want to die!” She screamed shaking me, I slapped her in the face.

“You're not going to die, just let me think!” I shouted.

We ran back into the house, and barricated the door.

“What are we going to do?” Kristen shouted.

“I don't know, everyone just calm down!” Kevin screamed. “The doors are locked, and so are the windows. Lets just wait it out until morning, than we can go to the police.”

“How are we going to go to the police? Our cars are destroyed!” Kim screamed.

“We'll call the police than!” Kevin shouted.

We ran around looking for our cell phones, but we couldn't find them.

“He must've stolen them!” Lily shouted.

We stood in the middle, huddled together, like frightened little kids. With a dead body still bleeding. Than all of a sudden, a knife went through the wooden floors. Actually, the knife missed my foot by a thread. We scattered all around the floor. The knife kept going up and down each part of floor.

“Everyone get off the floor!” I shouted, Lily and I ran, and jumped on the counter. The rest jumped on a table, or a chair. Eventually, the stabbing of the floor stopped, I was about to sigh a breath of relief, when the knife went through Lily. They don't kid around when blood comes splattering out of someone's mouth. The worse part was, it got all over me. Lily's body fell onto the ground. The killer threw it through the window. Biting my lip,I turned around, and saw the killer dressed as Jason. He gave me the 'I'm watching you' sign. Than he ran off.

“Guys, we have to try to get out of here,” I said.

“How can we though?” Kristen asked

“Maybe we should split up?” Robert asked.

“No, were not splitting up, that's a dumb idea” Kevin replied, “haven't you guys ever seen a horror movie before?”

“Well what are we supposed to do?” Zander asked.

“Were wasting time, the killer could be coming back!” Branden screamed.

“I say we should leave the house, walk to the nearest police station, and get this son-of-a-b**** arrested!” Kim shouted.

We all looked at her, that was actually a good idea.

“I think we should listen to her” I replied.

We went into the cabinets, and each took a knife, and a flashlight. We stuck together when we walked outside. Dusk was approaching, we walked into the woods, careful not to make a lot of noise. Every time we heard a snap of a stick, we froze. I was relieved when we saw a deer or a bunny. We kept walking south, deeper and deeper into the woods. We stopped to rest for a while, that's when we heard a roar of a chainsaw. Kevin, Zander, and I scrambled up fast. We raced out of there like frightened animals running away from a hunter, and hid under a fallen tree. Kristen, Branden, Kim, Austin, and Robert aren't so lucky, the killer, sliced Kristen with his chainsaw, he cut her in half. I saw her bloody intestines fly all over the place. The killer cut off Branden's arm, and his legs. Austin fought back, he tried to hit the killer with his knife. The killer grabbed the knife and tried to yank it away, but Austin was smart enough to drop it and bolt. The killer grabbed Branden and Kim, who tried to run off. Kim wasn't a really fast runner. She was always the last one to finish the mile run, that we had to do every spring in gym class. Kim struggled to get free, but she couldn't. She screamed for us to help her, but none of us would come out. Kevin had to cover my mouth because I was crying. He shushed me gently, he cupped my face, and made me look at him.

“Listen, we are going to make it out of here, we are going to get the police, and we're going to get this bastard punished for what he did to our friends” Kevin stated.

I nodded, as I wiped my nose, Kevin kissed me on the head.

“I think we should camp here,” Zander said, “It's safe here.”

“I think that's a bad idea” I replied, “we should keep going.”

“We should listen to Paige” Kevin replied, “It's not safe if we stay here.”

“But were hidden,” Zander interjected.

“Okay then, we'll sleep for a few hours, we'll have to take turns to keep watch” Kevin said.

“I'll take the first watch” Zander said.

“Okay, wake me up, in about an hour, than after me Paige will watch for about an hour, than were walking.”

“Sounds like a plan” I replied.

Kevin lied down on the ground, and opened up his arms. I lied down on his shoulder. This is the closest I've ever been with Kevin. It felt like last night, when we slept in the same bed. Only this time, it wasn't as awkward. I didn't care that we were lying on the cold, hard ground. I knew we were safe, I knew we were going to get the f*** out of here. We'll find Austin, and get out of here. The thought of Austin wandering alone in the woods with that maniac on the loose, worried me. But I knew he was still alive, maybe hiding like we were. I didn't want to think that he got killed, Austin was smart, and he thought quick. Like when he had the sense to drop the knife, and bolt.

I didn't realize that I fell asleep, until I woke up the next morning. Zander was gone, and Kevin was dragging me out of the tree.

“What's going on?” I asked.

“We have to leave, that psycho, got Zander, when he dozed off.”

“Idiot” I replied.

Than out of nowhere, the killer, dressed as Micheal Myers, came at us. We scrambled, but it was too late. He got Kevin with his knife, right into Kevin's back. He screeched, and fell into my arms. I grabbed him, blood was running down his back. I ran as fast as I could, I glanced over at Kevin, his face was bled white.

For the next few hours I walked, and ran, and walked, and ran again. We couldn't find a road, which made me realized that we were going the wrong way. Kevin collapsed,

“I can't go on, Paige please stop.”

I did what I was told, and I propped Kevin up against a tree. Blood was still spilling down his back. I lifted up his shirt, and saw the gash. I knew I couldn't fix it, it was too deep of a wound.

“Paige” Kevin said quietly.

“Yes?” I whispered fighting back tears. I knew what was going to happen, but I pushed it out of my head. I wont let it happen, I will rescue everyone who was caught, I will help Kevin get better. Like I did Sophomore year.

“Paige, I-I know I'm going to die-”

“No you're not going to die! I'm going to save you,” I said there was no fighting back the tears now.

“Paige, please don't cry” Kevin said gently.

“Look please just hold on, I'll get you to a hospital, they'll fix it, the wound is nothing.”

“Paige, I've lost too much blood, and were lost” Kevin said, he took my hand.

“You have to kill the murderer Paige,” Kevin whispered, tears were rolling down his eyes.

“I promise, I'll kill him, and I get everyone out of here” I replied.

“Paige, I-I have to tell you something.”

“What is it?”

Kevin squeezed my hand, “well, I-I really like you, I've liked you for a long time, well since that time I was in the hospital, you were the only one that was there for me. I think you're awesome, and really pretty.”

I sat there for a minute, shocked at what I just heard.

“You have a crush on me?” I asked.

Kevin nodded, impulsively, I leaned in, and kissed him. I wanted this to be the last thing Kevin remembers before he-I'm not even going to say it. When I pulled away, he smiled and put his other hand on my face.

“Please....don't leave me” Kevin begged.

I shook my head, “I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here.”

“I used to think a lot about you and me being together, I would think about us laying together on the hood of my car, looking at the stars. I even imagined you and I getting married.”

I smiled, “That would be a nice wedding.”

“Would you marry me?” Kevin asked.

I smiled again and nodded, tears were running down my face.

Kevin squeezed my hand again, “Tell me about our wedding”

I didn't even give a moments hesitation, I told Kevin that we would get married in the Winter. (Winter is my favorite season of you're wondering.) I said we would get married in a church, than have a reception in a lodge. My bridesmaids would be dressed in a light silver and walk down the isle with silver and white flowers. Mine would be just plain white. Kevin would be matching the groomsmen, who would be also in silver. Everything would be silver and white with crystals dangling down and a hint of gold. My dress would be a traditional, diamond white gown. I wouldn't wear a veil, instead I would use a feathery headband. My hair would be in a bun, with some sparkly clips. We would have our family and friends watching in awe as we say our vows to each other.

“I knew you would have something simple, you're not like the other girls, that's what I like about you,” Kevin whispered.

“Well you know I wouldn't do anything too girly,” I replied carelessly.

“I know” Kevin said slowly, he laughed a little, than his smile dropped. His breathing was slowing down. He stopped living with his eyes opened.

“I'm sorry” I squeaked, I shut his eyes with my two fingers. I kissed his lips one more time. I realized he was still holding my hand. Anger shot threw me, why would someone do this? Rip someone away from this earth when they're not ready? I screamed at loud as I could, and chucked my knife. It went through one of the trees. I took my flashlight, and slammed it against another tree. It shattered into a million pieces. I slumped against the tree, and slid down. My body felt numb, I didn't want to do anything. I heard a snap at least a few feet away. Than I saw him. The killer. He was dressed as Jason again. I didn't care if he killed me, all of my friends are dead. So why does it matter if I live? I would have to live the rest of my life in sadness. The killer was running up to me, thats when I came to my senses, I got up just in the knick of time. I bolted deeper into the woods, I felt the whizzing of the knife I did a sharp turn, and I saw the knife plunge into a tree. What was with everything going into trees? I ran, and dove under a thing of leaves. I stayed as still as possible. I heard footsteps, I saw the boots of our friend, the killer. I held my breath daring not to move. This could be it, he could find me, and chop me up into little pieces. Like the rest of my friends. I still wondered if Austin and Zander were alive. Well, definitely not Zander the killer got him. But what about Austin? Is he still trekking in the woods? Is he dead? I think that there both dead, because the killer said he would kill me last. He would kill me last! Now I know that everyone's dead because the killer tried to kill me. Now he's just looking for me! I bit my hand, hoping that the murderer would just go away. He did, only he took away Kevin's body. What would he want with that? Was the killer going to eat him? What if he was a crazed cannibal? He knew all of our names. I still didn't know him or what he wanted with me or my friends. He said we made fun of him in high school. But I don't even remember him! When I was absolutely sure the coast was clear, I came out of my hiding spot. I walked another five miles, and than climbed up a high pine tree. When I was in the middle of the tree, I stopped climbing. I had enough coverage so the killer wont see me. I sat down and thought about what I saw today, the very second I woke up. Zander was captured, and Kevin was killed. I watched the sun, I could tell what time it was because of the sun. it was late afternoon 3:30 maybe even 4:00. if everything was normal, I would be home by now. Probably talking about what a great time I had. Than eventually we would be at graduation. I was going to have a little graduation party after the ceremony. I wondered if my parents were worried about me. They must be. Hopefully they called the police. I rested my head on the tree trunk. What a day. I thought about what Kevin confessed to me. He liked me ever since sophomore year. Since.....he was in the hospital.

If you're wondering why he was in the hospital. Well...this is the reason why Kevin doesn't party or drink much. It was sophomore year, in the first week of March. One of our friends was having a huge banger. Everyone was invited to the party, it was pretty wild. People were drinking, and punching holes into the walls. I went to the party with Jacklynn and Lily. When we were walking around we ran into Kevin, Zander, and Zander's cousin. So they tagged along with us and stayed with us for a while. Than we got seperated. Anyway, towards the end of the night, Jacklynn and Lily were wasted. Of course I was the only one who was sober. I dropped Jacklynn and Lily off to their houses. I was walking out of Lily's yard when I saw a million ambulances in one spot. I walked closer to find out what was going on. That's when I saw it. I saw three streachers, Zander was in one of them, Zander's cousin and Kevin. Panic shot through me, I bolted through the scene, the EMT was telling me I couldn't be there.

“Those are my friends!” I shouted hysterically. I than noticed a car that was smashed into a pole I assumed someone was drunk driving. I saw Kevin's mom and dad, they were both crying. I went up to them.

“What happened?” I asked

“Zander's cousin was drunk driving they smashed into a pole, they're going to the hospital,” Kevin's dad said.

“Can you please sit in the ambulance with him?” Kevin's mom asked. She was hysterical, I nodded. She walked me to the ambulance where Kevin was. He was lying in the streacher. I walked into the ambulance. One paramedic was sitting across from me.

“Kevin, Paige is going to sit with you” The paramedic said to Kevin. Kevin looked at me, I saw a smile through the oxygen mask. I held his hand he took it back gently. His eyes were gentle, he stared at me the whole ride. I didn't let go of his hand. Not even when they rushed him into the emergency room. The doctors had to pry my hand off. I stood there and watched Kevin and my other friends get taken away from me.

During the night, I stayed with Kevin's mother and father. At around 3:30 in the morning, my mom and dad came in to pick me up. I went straight to bed, when I got home. I did get up until early afternoon. When I did, my parents drove me to the hospital. I called Kevin's mother first, she said I could come, and that Kevin has been asking about me. When I got there I met with Kevin's mom in the hospital lobby. She walked me to Kevin's room,

“Kevin?” She said softly into the room, “There's a friend here to visit you.”

When I walked into the room, I saw how badly injured Kevin really was. The one thing you really have to know about me is, I hate seeing people in the hospital. I hate seeing them in pain and in casts. Kevin was worse, he had one of those neck braces on, and a cast on an arm and leg.

“Hi” I whispered, sitting on Kevin's bed.

“Hey Paige” Kevin whispered back, “I know I look like a freak” He started.

“No you don't, stop it” I said firmly, I took his hand.

“Paige, I'm in so much pain,” Kevin whispered, tears rolled down his face.

I wiped the tears from his eyes, and shushed him gently.

“It is okay, you'll pull through, you're tough,” I said, actually I squeaked it, hearing Kevin say that he was in pain, brought tears to my eyes. I bit my lip, and fought the urge to jump out of my seat and bolt out of the room crying.

Kevin brushed my hand with his finger.

“Thank you so much for sitting in the ambulance with me,” He said.

I didn't say anything, I had nothing to say.

“I fractured my spine, and I broke my arm and fractured my leg,” Kevin started.

“I'm sorry,” I whispered.

“The doctor said I have to be bedridden when I get home, not permantly, but for three weeks,” Kevin explained.

“What about school?” I asked.

“They're going to send me the work.”

I shook my head, “You shouldn't be doing work, you need to rest in order to feel better.”

“I know.”

Kevin coughed, and cleared his throat.

“Paige, can you get me some water?” He asked. I nodded, and got a cup of water. I put the cup to his lips. He took tiny sips of it with his eyes closed.

Kevin was in the hospital for about two weeks, and I was the only one who came and visited him. Zander only broke his arm, and was released from the hospital the day after the accident. Even he didn't visit his friend. Zander's cousin was killed, I didn't tell Kevin though. He didn't even find out until he came home from the hospital. Kevin didn't take it to hard though, don't get me wrong he was sad and all, but Kevin told me he really didn't know the kid well. I don't even remember Zander's cousin's name. The only thing I remembered was that he was a senior. Anyway, when Kevin came home, I came over when he was settled in. I watched him get better, not at first. Kevin didn't get better overnight, obviously. When Kevin was bedridden, he stayed in his guest room. Which was downstairs, Kevin's dad brought in a new TV (which was supposed to be Kevin's birthday present,) and hooked it up. Seeing Kevin bedridden was worse than seeing him in the hospital. He had a lot of bruises from the IV needles. Kevin's eyes lit up when I walked in. He was watching re-runs of Full house Kevin shut the TV off when I came in. Kevin's parents had to rent one of those hospital beds, so he could be more comfortable. I sat on a chair next to the bed.

“How have you been?” Kevin asked.

“I'm fine” I replied.

“I'm glad you are” Kevin said again.

Kevin adjusted himself uncomfortably he winced a little.

“Are you in pain?” I asked jumping out of my seat.

“No, No I'm just a little uncomfortable” Kevin replied.

I looked at his injured leg, I knew the problem.

“Well your leg isn't elevated,” I said as I gently lifted up his leg, Kevin winced as I put his leg on a pillow. After a few seconds, he sighed with relief.

“That feels much better, thank you” he replied.

“You're welcome” I replied gently.

We were quiet for a minute, than I asked:

“Do you want anything?”

Kevin shook his head, “I'm fine.”

For the next three weeks, I went over to Kevin's house everyday. I spent my Friday nights going over to keep him company. I would tell him about my day, and what was going on in school. One day, Kevin's mom and I gave Kevin a sponge bath. Well, Kevin's mom washed him, I shampooed his hair. Kevin smelled pretty bad, but the doctor said he had to be bedridden. So that meant, no showers. Anyway, even Kevin couldn't stand having oily hair. So I wet his hair, and scrubbed shampoo in it. After, I blew dried it.

Another Friday, I came over, and Kevin was lying in bed, lazily reading. Kevin said I could watch the TV for a while. I turned on the TV, and I flipped through the channels. The only show that I liked was Four Weddings. Kevin didn't really like that show, so I changed it. When I did, Kevin touched my arm.

“You can watch it if you want to,” He said.

“But you don't like Four Weddings,” I replied.

“I know, but you've done so much for me, it's the least I can do,”

Those words were repeated over and over again over the years. When Kevin started to get stronger. He would sometimes buy me lunch, or coffee. He kind of spoiled me. Everytime I would try to pay, he wouldn't let me. When I asked him why he wanted to pay, he would say It's the least I can do. One day, it was my birthday, Kevin bought me this beautiful black and white, silver, diamond heart necklace. When I opened the box, and saw it for the first time, I almost fainted. I could tell that the diamonds were real, because my mom is a jewlery designer. She taught me what was real, and what was not. Telling by the necklace, it must've cost Kevin at least eight hundred dollars. Later on, I took Kevin aside.

“Kevin I can't accept this necklace,” I said.

“You don't like it?” He asked I could tell by his eyes, he felt like the necklace wasn't good enough.

“No, I love it, it's beautiful really, but you spent too much money on it, you didn't have too,” I replied.

“I wanted to though,” Kevin said touching my shoulder.

“Kevin, this is very nice of you, but you're doing too much for me.”

“I feel like I'm not doing enough, Paige, please keep the necklace, I really want you too, it's the least I can do for you.”

I sighed, I knew Kevin would refuse to take the necklace back. Kevin took the necklace from my hand, he took it out of the box, and put it on me. I told Kevin to never do this again, he laughed. I kept the necklace, but I only wore it for special occasions. It was too expensive to just wear around school. I made it up to Kevin by buying him a seven hundred dollar watch. We were friends that did good deeds for each other. Real friends, actually. Jacklynn was my best friend but, she never really did anything for me. Don't get me wrong, she bought me Christmas, and birthday presents, and was there for me when I was having problems. But compared to Kevin, Jacklynn was nothing. Now that they're both gone, I don't have any friends. How am I supposed to face the world if I make it out alive? If I make it out alive. I thought about what Kevin said to me before he stopped living. You have to kill the murderer Paige. I thought about how I promised I would, and I would get everyone out of here. The thought stirred something in my brain. I rose up from my seat. I realized that I had to kill the murderer. I made a promise to Kevin. But I am not only doing this for Kevin. I'm doing this for Jacklynn, Robert, Kim, Kristen, Lily, Austin, Branden and Zander. I don't know if Austin is still alive out there, probably not. I may not be able to rescue anyone, but I will kill the murderer. I will kill him and send him to hell where he belongs. As I climbed out of the tree, I realized that I had to make it out alive. I can't let the killer murder me. I have to kill him, I really honest-to-god have to kill him. I walked into the direction where Austin, Kristen, Kim, and Branden were. I found where Kristen was killed, her organs were still splattered onto the ground. The smell, of rotting flesh made me dry-heave, the sight of the maggots crawling in and out of the organs made me want to turn and run. Is this what happens when you get buried? Do the maggots go inside the casket and eat you? I mustered enough energy to not run away. I had to stay strong for everyone. I looked around and I saw the knife that Austin dropped. I grabbed it, and walked towards the lake house. I thought a lot about Kevin, if he liked me for two years, why didn't he say anything? Was he too embarrassed? Too shy? Kevin wasn't really the shy kind of type though. Maybe he was afraid that it would wreck our friendship if he told me how he felt about me. I remember when he asked me to prom. He did it like any other guy. Asked me in a weird way. It was a cold, wintery Saturday. Fresh snow had just fallen. My mom, and my dad kept me away from the windows for like, 30 minutes. Than the doorbell rang, I went to answer it, in the doorway, I saw a snowman holding a sign that said: Prom? Standing by the snowman was Kevin, with a bouquet of silver roses. I bolted to him and jumped into his arms.

“Thank you” I said and I kissed his cheek.

That's how Kevin asked me to prom, it was one of the nicest things that he's ever done for me.

As I walked closer towards the lake house, I felt like Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. I felt like her when she was walking through the woods the first day of the games. Waiting for game to come. Suddenly I thought about the line that Peeta said the night before the games. I don't want them to change me in there. Turn me into some kind of monster I'm not. For some reason playing the book in my head calmed me down. So I thought more about the story as I walked closer to the house. When the time comes I'm sure I'll kill just like anyone else. I can't go down without a fight. Only I wish I could think of a way to show the Capitol that they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece of their games.

That thought racked through my brain, I realized that if I do kill the murderer, I might change. I might be someone I'm not. I guess I did change, over the past few days. I turned into some sneaky, depressed eighteen year old. But just like Peeta, I have to kill him when the time came. Also, I will show the killer that he doesn't own me.

When I walked closer to the house, I heard a scream. A girl's pleading scream. The only person that I knew for a fact that was captured, was Kim. Kim! She's alive? I wondered why the killer didn't kill her right away. But I didn't care, she was one person that I could save. I snuck up to one of the windows. I saw Kim, her blackish blonde hair was spilling over her head. She always dyed it that color, black was usually on the inside. Anyway, Kim's hands were tied on the ceiling, like in ropes. She had tape over her mouth. The killer was walking around her, he had an axe. He put it on Kim's shoulder. She screamed and screamed. The killer laughed, and walked out of the room. Kim saw me the second he walked out. Her eyes widened. I put my finger to my mouth, she nodded. I took a rock, and chucked it, it smashed into the side of the house, and made a racket. I heard footsteps, I walked towards the front door, and walked inside carefully. I saw Kim, who was shaking. I scurried up to her, Kim was all bloody. She had bruises all over her face. I ripped the tape off of her mouth.

“Thanks for coming back for me” She said immeaditaly

“No problem” I replied, as I started to untie the ropes, I knew I had to be fast.

“Do you know anything about Austin or Branden?” I asked as I struggled to untie the knots. The killer was one smart person. These knots were impossible to untie. I knew the killer was going to be back here any minute.

Kim looked at me, “that dirtbag killed Branden, the second we got back to the house. But I haven't seen Austin. What happened to Zander and Kevin?”

I bit my lip, and shook my head, Kim understood.

The second I untied the first knot, the killer came running in with the famous chainsaw.

“Paige, go!” Kim screamed.

I grabbed a chair, and went at the killer who was going at Kim, she was desperately trying to get away. Anyway, I smashed the chair on the killer's back. It only slowed him down, he turned around, and threw me. I smashed against a wall, knocking the wind out of me. I crawled under a table. Kim wasn't so lucky...again. He sliced her arm off. She screamed and cried in pain. I looked around, and I saw the axe.

The killer's blood splattered throughout the whole entire room. I walk over to him, yank the axe out, and hit him a few more times, to make sure he's dead. I walk over to Kim, I lift up her face, and move it from side to side. I sigh, and I start to walk into the other rooms, searching for Austin. I open a door, and I saw lying perfectly in a row, seven dead bodies of my friends. I finally found out what happened to Austin. I screamed, and backed out. Than a person grabbed me from behind. Was it the killer? It couldn't have been I hit him with the axe a million times. I screamed and struggled to get free. Than I reconized the person, it was Zander. I couldn't fight back, I passed out.

I woke up dizzy, very dizzy. My vision was blurry very blurry. After a few minutes, I finally came to my senses. The first thing I saw was Zander sitting on a chair, with his feet propped up. He was sipping from a whiskey bottle.

“Zander?” I choked, “what's going on?”

Zander smiled, I didn't like that smile, venom dripped from it.

“Well Paige, you might as well enjoy you're last day on earth” He hissed.

“What are you talking about?”

Zander cocked an eyebrow at me, “I'm going to fucking kill you, you little b****!”

“You piece of s***!” I screamed, now it all made sense to me. Zander was behind all of this, but I don't understand why Zander wants to kill me. I tried to move out of my seat, but Zander tied me down. I looked like a rabid animal, trying to escape.

“Zander, why are you doing this?” I asked I fought back the tears, I will absolutely not cry, I want to look as tough as possible.

“Oh Paige, Paige, Paige, do you even know what you've done to me?”

“What are you talking about, I never did anything to you!”

“Paige, you didn't directly do anything to me, it's what you did to my cousin.”

“What did I do to your cousin? I barely knew him!”

“Remember sophomore year, when he asked you out?”

“No?”

“You don't remember Cameron Davis?”

Than it all made sense, Cameron Davis, he asked me out, and I said no. I don't understand why Zander wanted to kill my friends though.

“So why did you kill my friends, why didn't you just kill me?” I asked.

“Because, I wanted all of your friends and you dead, I freaking hate all of you.”

I looked at him, “I just can't believe you were behind all of this, I thought you were my friend” I said flatly.

Zander laughed, and took another swig of whiskey. I could tell if he wanted to kill me, he had to do it drunk.

“I swore I'd get revenge on you one day, that day when Cameron died in that accident. I knew he wasn't suffering anymore. He died because of you Paige, he couldn't handle the rejection. Cameron really liked you. I made him drunk drive on purpose. I was sucessful on killing my own cousin. But unfortunately I didn't kill that faggot Kevin.”

Anger boiled up inside of me, I tried to rip out of my chair.

“That was your friend!” I screamed. “He couldn't be on the swim team because of you!”

Oh I forgot to tell you, Kevin was an amazing swimmer, he broke the school's record, because of his injuries, he couldn't swim anymore.

Zander smiled, “good” he screeched, “That's two things I wanted. Paige, you and I are exactly alike.”

I shook my head violently, “I'm nothing like you, your a fucking murderer!” I hissed.

Zander looked at me, “Well you killed my friend over here.”

“You killed eight of mine” I shot back.

Zander hesitated, “speaking about that, did you say goodbye to your boyfriend?”

“I promised him to kill the murderer” I shot back again.

Zander got out of his seat, he started to walk around me.

“Kevin was chasing after you, ever since his little accident-”

“The accident you caused?” I snarled.

Zander stopped, and punched me right in the face. I blacked out for a second than he started talking again.

“Anyway Kevin always wanted to ask you out, but he was too much of a pussy to do it. When I found out he liked you, I knew one day I would kill him. I'd do it for my cousin. So for two years, I pretended to be friends with you. I waited for my opportunity to kill all of you.

“Than I finally saw the opportunity. Senior prom. I paid the person over 2 thousand dollars to kill you guys. I made the video, and made him act like you guys were mean to him in high school. When he was just a random guy. I was the one who destroyed the cars and the cell phones. I did it when you were asleep, I wasn't really drunk. Here's the cliché, I knew you were going to kill my friend. That's just you, I knew you weren't going to go down without a fight. It's too late, I'm going to kill you. You may have won the battle, but I won the war.”

Zander turned my chair around. Staring back at me were my eight dead friends all sitting in a row. The one across from me, was Kevin. Next to Kevin, was Jacklynn. Her face was still all screwed up. I still reconized her, my best friend, so lifeless. Than my real friend, the one who's hand I held, when he died. The one who took me to senior prom. The one who I took care of when he was injured. The one who went out of his way to buy me presents. The one who had a crush on me for two years, and I didn't even know it.

With all of my strength I tried to rip out of the tape, that held down my hands. It was too strong, Zander put his hands on my shoulders, and forced me back into my seat.

“Forget it Paige, I'm going kill you, just like your friends” Zander whispered, carelessly kissing me on the cheek. Than Zander turned me around again, staring at me this time, were three different types of knives resting on the counter. There was one big one, one medium, and one small one. Zander walked over and graced his hand over the three knives.

“I think I should kill you with the smallest one, that'll hurt you the most.”

Zander took the knife, and walked over to me, I absolutely refused freak out, even though, inside I was. I wanted Zander to know that he didn't win. I will take this as quietly as possible. I'll find a happy place as Zander kills me.

Zander moved my hair to the side, and noticed my butterfly tattoo that I got for my seventeenth birthday, last year. He pressed the cold knife onto it.

“I think I'll start here,” He sneered.

Zander pressed the knife deeper into my neck. I bit my lip, the pain was one of the worse pains I have ever in my life, felt. It was worse than my now throbbing jaw. Zander than pulled the knife out, He's trying to f*** with me. I thought to myself. Zander walked around me again, I saw that the knife had blood on it. My blood. I swallowed hard, the tears started to form at my eyes again. Zander noticed, and laughed.

“Paige, you display yourself as tough, but really, you're a little prissy girl on the inside,” He snickered.

I didn't hide it this time, I let my throat release the tears. This is it, Zander won. He was right, I won the battle, but he won the war. I said sorry to Kevin in my mind, I promised him I would kill the murderer. Well technically, I did, but that was before I knew that Zander was behind this. I also said sorry to Jacklynn, Kristen, Robert, Lily, Branden, and Austin. I said a special sorry to Kim, because I tried to save her, but I let her down.

Zander positioned the knife at my neck. I tried to go to a happy place. I thought about when Kevin took me to prom, how his eyes, glowed when we danced together. How he walked me to our seats on the bus. I also thought about when he died. How I told him our wedding plans. I also made up our honeymoon. We would have our honeymoon any place Kevin wanted, since I got so much for the wedding. We would spend our wedding night in a hotel.

Zander began to cut my neck, when I noticed the tear in the tape. I finally snapped out of my depression. This battle is not over yet. I spit at Zander, he moved away, and dropped the knife, that gave me just enough time to free one hand. I punched Zander in the face, he fell backwards. I grabbed the knife, cut my other hand free, and went at Zander. I stabbed him in the arm, he grabbed an axe from the floor, and tried to hit me with it. I was too fast.

“Didn't you know that I don't go down without a fight?” I sneered.

Zander scrambled up, “Okay than, you want to battle fine!” he snarled.

Zander threw the axe in my direction, I moved away, it got lodged into the wall. Zander grabbed the big knife, and went at me. I ran out the back door, and ran for my life, literally. It was dark outside. I saw the moon rise from the lake. I followed the north star, I ran through the woods. I heard the coyotes and the owls making their nightly noise. I kept running and running.

“Oh Paige, come out and play!” Zander sang, he was sounding more psycho. Telling by his voice he wasn't far behind. I ran faster, and faster.

“Paige, come on you little b****, so I can kill you!” Zander started to yell, he was getting angrier.

I found a high tree, and I started to climb. I climbed as fast as I could. Trying my hardest not to make a lot of noise. I sat down, and I buried my head. I started crying, it was really the first time, I cried about this whole event. I missed Kevin, Jacklynn, and everyone else. I was scared, Zander was right though. I portray myself as this tough chick, but in reality, I'm not. I'm not tough, I'm afriad. I'm afraid of a lot of things. I always acted like I wasn't afraid of anything, but I am. I'm scared. I wish I was home, in my bed, with Chedder. Another gift, that Kevin gave me. It was our junior year, I was in bed, sick with the flu. I always wanted a bunny as a pet. Kevin talked to my parents about it, they weren't really hot on the idea, but Kevin smoothed talked his way into letting my parents let him get a bunny for me.

It was late fall, I was in bed feeling like death. When my mom walked in with Chedder. I thought my mom bought him for me. But when my mom gave me the card, I knew it was from Kevin. She gave me the card, and I opened it. The card was a real pretty one, it had a picture of an ocean on it. On the inside Kevin wrote:

Paige,

I know you always wanted a bunny for a pet, so this is my gift to you. Your mom didn't want me to come in the house. She was afraid I might get sick, I understood. The bunny is a rescue from the ASPCA, so be very gentle to him, his name is Chedder. He is only a year old. The other owners neglected him really bad, so please pay very special attention to him. Chedder is very sweet, and I know your going to love him, and take good care of him. Like you took care of me. It's the least I can do for you. I hope you feel better soon, and I will see you later. - Kevin.

I can never thank Kevin enough, for what he's done for me. It seems like every time I try to do something for him, it turns out bad. I'm having doubts that I will make it out alive now. Maybe if I do die, I will see all of my friends in heaven. Is there even a heaven? Or am I going to go to hell for murder? Well, it was self defense, so I think god will give me a break.

I dozed off in the tree, and woke up every now and again. I was awake, when I saw Zander climb up my tree. He had another axe in his hand. Am I ever going to get a break? When Zander was three inches away from me, I kicked him, he fell out of the tree. I hoped he broke his neck, he didn't get up, I saw my opportunity, I jumped out of the tree, I landed on my side so I didn't break anything. I got up and I ran like hell. Not even bothering to look back. I was running, and I saw the road. I ran towards the road. Than the worse absolute thing happened, Zander came from behind a tree, and stabbed me right in the stomach. I didn't notice, until I looked down, and saw the silver knife lodged into me. I got dizzy, and I coughed up blood. Zander shushed me, and lowered me to the ground. He climbed on top of me.

“Finally, I got you” Zander sneered.

“F*** you” I coughed.

Zander wiped the blood away from my mouth, he yanked the knife out of me. That hurt the worse, I squealed. Everything was spinning, I struggled to stay alive.

“You're done, Paige, you're going to die now” Zander said slicing my cheek with the knife. He raised his knife like he was about to sacrifice me.

Now this might be the craziest thing I might say right now, but I swear on everything that I own, that this is true. I saw Kevin walking up to me. He kneeled down, and touched my cheek. His expression was comforting. It was like when I held his hand. He looked like the lively man I saw the first night we came to the lake house. No knife wound, no pain in his eyes. Just a soft, comforting, loving look. Than I saw Jacklynn, Lily, Branden, Austin, Robert, Kristen, and Kim. They all knelt down around Zander. Jacklynn held my hand. I than realized that I wasn't afraid to die. Everyone that was sitting with me, was ready to take me to heaven.

I guess Zander saw them too, 'cause he flipped out. He was screaming, and flailing all around. Everyone seemed to hold him down. Lily hit his hand, and Zander released the knife. Than I saw the red dot on Zander's chest. I heard people screaming, “Put your hands up!” The cops were here? How? They knew I was missing? Than I realize my parents did call the police! Thank god! The police arrested Zander. Kevin was still sitting by my side, I noticed that all of my friends were kneeling by me. Was I dead? Was I going to go to heaven? Soon everyone got up and began to disappear into the earth. I realized that I wasn't going to go with them. Kevin stayed with me, tears rolled down my eyes. Kevin put his hand on my cheek one more time. He kissed me on the lips, and disappeared like all my other friends. I blacked out.

The next thing I knew I was in the hospital. I woke up, and I noticed the stiches in my stomach. I realized that they fixed my knife wound. I looked around, and I saw my mom and my dad.

“Mom, dad?” I asked, they both jumped up, and scurried to me.

“Oh my baby!” Mom cried she wrapped her arms around me, she was shaking. Tears rolled down my eyes.

“Mom all of my friends are dead” I cried.

Mom held me tighter, “I know baby, it going to be okay though.”

I tried to think it was going to be okay, but I knew it wasn't going to be. I stayed in the hospital for three more days. I was malnourished, and I was recovering from my wound. I could barley eat. Partly because I didn't eat for a day when I was hiding, and from depression. I would just throw up everytime I tried to eat something. Some people from my school came to visit me. But I wasn't in the mood for company. I just wished Kevin was by my side. I knew if he was alive, he would be there every minute. He would say It's the least I can do I could still here his voice everytime I think about that sentence.

I didn't finish the rest of my senior year. I already had enough credits to graduate, so it wasn't like I was left back. Even my parents didn't think I was a good idea if I went back to school. I didn't attend graduation either. I just couldn't, the day of graduation, I sat by my window with Chedder on my lap. I saw my neighbor, she had a graduation party with her friends. I watched as she and her friends were laughing and having a good time. About an hour later, they came over. I was still in my room, when my mom said I had company. I walked downstairs, and there was my neighbor and three of her friends. I never really hung out with them that much, but I thought it was extremely nice of them to come over. They told me that at the ceremony, in the front, they had eight empty chairs, and eight cap and gowns resting on them. When the school handed out the diplomas they called all of my friends names. None of the families were there to accept the diplomas. Not that I wouldn't understand. The whole ceremony also had a moment of silence. My neighbor and her friends left after a while. I went back up in my room. I was supposed to have a little party just like my neighbor. With all of my friends, and a big chocolate graduation cake.

The services were right after graduation, now I know that the funerals was supposed to be at least two days later. The reason why the services were late, is because they had to use the bodies for evidence. My parents didn't want me to go to them, but I made them let me go. At the wakes, Kevin was the only one who had an open casket. The rest of my friends didn't. I forced myself to go up to Kevin. I didn't kneel down, though. I noticed that on his wrist, was the seven hundred dollar watch I bought him. In the pictures, there were a lot of pictures of him and I. There were no pictures of him and Zander. When Kevin's mom saw me, she bursted into tears, and squeezed me tight.

“Paige, thank you so much for coming, I know it must've been very hard for you,”

“It's no problem,” I whispered,

Kevin's mom looked at me, “Kevin loved you so much.”

“I know...um Kevin told me before-he left, I held his hand, and I kissed him,” I replied.

“Thank you...very much.”

I walked around the funeral home, and I saw some people that I knew from school. I didn't speak to them.

In the fall, I went to Zander's court sentancing I had to testify against him. He walked into the room, when we locked eyes for the first time, I saw nothing but hatred, and pure evil. He looked like a real criminal in his orange jumpsuit, and shackles. The sentancing lasted forever. When it was my turn to go up. It took me a lot of courage to walk up there, take my seat, and look at Zander right in the eye. Than I said this:

“I am here today, to testify against Zander Davis, he murdered eight of my friends right in front of me. He tried to kill me by tying me up, and shoving a knife in the back of my neck. Zander confessed to me that he planned on killing me and my friends for two years. He confessed that he paid someone two thousand dollars to kill everyone else and to save me for him. Zander stabbed me in the stomach, and sliced my cheek. I want to say to Zander, that I am angry at him for killing my friends and for all the pain he put us through. I am angry at him, because I am afraid to go out. I am angry at him because I couldn't finish my senior year, that is all I have to say.”

Zander was proven guilty, and was sentanced to life in prison without the possibilty of parole. I sighed a breath of relief, knowing that he will be put away forever.

As I sit here and write this whole story down, I feel a little bit better. My therapist wanted me to write this down. I starting talking to one in October which was last month. It is late November, the leaves are falling down from the trees. I am in trade school now, studying to become a make up artist. I knew that college wouldn't be the thing for me. Also, I love make up. I go to a trade school that is combined with other types of trades. I met a lot of friends, but none of them could ever replace the friendships I had. Guys usually asked me out, I said no to 100% of the guys who asked me out. God, one day I even stood someone up. He asked me if I wanted to have dinner with him. I said yes, and even got ready. We were supposed to meet at the resturant. I was getting ready, I wore a yellow button down shirt with some dark jeans. When I applied the make up, I used the same gold eyeshadow that I wore for prom. I stared at myself, and than I started to cry. This look reminded me of Kevin, and my friends. At the time I was supposed to meet my date. I just sat in my room. My date texted me about a million times. I just sat there. I shouldn't have said yes. That wasn't fair to him. I didn't even look at him when I was in school the Monday after. I realized that I wasn't ready to get back onto dating yet. Even though probably half the guys who asked me on a date probably felt sorry for me. I know that Kevin would want me to date again. But I'm just not ready. It's too soon. My therapist said it's going to take some time for me to cope with the deaths of my friends. I hope it will, but I know deep in my heart I will never get over the deaths of my friends. I might move on from it, but this is something I wont ever in my life, get over.