Stranger Danger | Teen Ink

Stranger Danger

July 16, 2014
By ForeverYours_Breezy PLATINUM, Dickinson, Texas
ForeverYours_Breezy PLATINUM, Dickinson, Texas
25 articles 5 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Things may happen. Good and bad, but you must keep moving forward. Don't stop and look back at the past. You may regret it. It could bring you more pain. Look at the present and everything will be okay in the end."


I slowly make my way down the street when I get a text. Jaycob, “Hey, what to meet up?” I reply,” Sure, can’t wait to meet you.” I met Jaycob on Instagram. We have gotten to know each other. My dad has told me over and over not to talk to strangers, but Jaycob is real.

The little old coffee shop is where he wanted to meet me. I get a new text from him. “Get in the blue truck.” I get in the dark blue truck. “Julie, you have been a very naughty girl.”

The truck stops and I am ripped out of the car. I am thrown onto cold tile. “What do you want from me?” “What do you think, Julie?” “Money?” “You are correct.” Someone rips off my blind off. I see three guys. One that has brown hair, another with black, and the last one has blonde. “I just want to go home,” I cry out.

Tears roll down my face as he guy with brown hair duck tapes me to a chair. “What’s your name?” “Jaycob, I am sorry this is happening. Once I got to know you, I started regretting what was going to happen. It was all the guy with the blonde hair fault.” “What’s his name?” “James Stone.” “Oh ok.”

Thoughts run through my head as Jaycob sits there watching me. Why is this happening to me? Why didn’t I listen to my dad about strangers? I am a good girl. I have done nothing wrong. “Is something on your mind, princess,” James asks. “Just that I should have listened to my dad when he said I shouldn’t talk to people offline.” “Smart man.” James and his friend start laughing for no reason. “What’s so funny?” “Nothing, just you.” When I get free, I am going to make them go to prison for the rest of their lives except for Jaycob. He seems like a good guy, just hangs out with the wrong people.

“Get up.” James walks over to me and stands me up. “Should we make you a woman or should we wait a while?” “Wait a while.” “Your loss.” His friend with the black hair walks in and slaps me. “Your parents won’t give us the money.” James takes this as an advantage and cuts my arm. Blood trickles down my arm onto the ground. They push me to the ground and starts kicking me. James stands me back up and takes a pic of my face. “Your parents will the send the money once they get this.” Sad thing is my parents won’t send the money. My dad has been trying to get rid of me. I am worth nothing to her. He yells at me daily and ignores me. My mom isn’t around anymore. She left him for someone nicer. It broke his heart, so he blamed me for the divorce.
I walk through different doors, archways, and rooms. “We are almost to your new room, princess,” James whispers in my ear. He bites my ear after he says that. I move my head away from his reach. “Oh, you are playing hard to get.” We reach my room and he pushes me inside. “We have a little while till the guys come looking for me. So let’s have a little fun.”
He throws me against the wall and starts to bite my bottom lip. “Just tell me when you want me to stop.” “Stop.” “Ok, I will keep going.” He moves his hands down to the ends of my shirt. He pulls off my shirt and stares at my bra. “You look amazing without your shirt on.” “Please stop.” James takes his pants off. “I promise we won’t go that far. Just make out in our under wear. Take off your shorts.” I stand there staring at him. “Ok I will do it for you.” He takes the hem o my shorts and slowly pulls them down. He throws them to the other side of the room. “Are you ready? I am going to make you scream.” Slowly he moves his body against mine. I feel so confused and scared. I wanted to do this with someone I like not a random stranger. His body starts moving fast and faster against mine. “Oh, please. Let’s go all the way.” “No please don’t. Just stop.” “Ok, we won’t go all the way, today.” I feel his little buddy press against me really hard.

The room is cold and dark. I am all alone. I feel so used. James just totally grinded on me and didn’t care that he knew nothing about me. Like it wasn’t a big deal for him. Well, it was for me. That was the first time I have ever got like intimate with someone. I am scared because he said we would go all the way another day. I don’t want that to happen.

Jaycob brushes my hair as I sit there staring at the pictures on the wall. “Is that you and James?” “Yes. Julie I am like you. I was kidnapped when I was younger.” “By who?” “James and the other guy. He is doing the same thing to you as he did to me.” “Oh my.” “He hasn’t ever let me leave and won’t ever let me or you now. We are stuck here until the police come or we die. I used to wish, they could just kill me. Now, I am glad they didn’t because I got to meet you.” A smile forms on my face for the first time in a while. Maybe, this place will be better than being home with my dad. Maybe, the police will find us and let us be.

“Jaycob, everything you told me. Is it true?” “Yeah, I would never lie to you.” I smile at him until James walks in. My smile disappears and I put on my I hate you face. “Don’t look so sad.” James smiles and pulls me close. He hugs me tightly, squeezing me to where I can’t breathe. “She can’t breathe, James. Let her go.” “Are you falling for our guest?” I see Jaycob blush so my face turns. I think we both are falling for each other. We know a lot about one another. We aren’t total strangers. “Our little Jaycob and Julie are in love. How sweet?”

I never thought I would feel this way towards someone else. All the guys at my school, just think I am a nerd and a freak. A little shy freak at that. No one sees me for me unlike Jaycob. He doesn’t care if I wear glasses, converse, and hats, have a bad hair day, or whatever else. I am glad I a met Jaycob, even if it wasn’t on good terms.

I lay in my bed feeling so cold and alone. James won’t let Jaycob and I see each other. I don’t understand, but I don’t care. I will still think of him no matter what. My door opens and someone comes in. I shut my eyes and feel someone come and lay next to me. They slide their arm around my waist and pull me close to them. “Who is this?” “Just Jaycob, sorry didn’t mean to scare you. I just wanted to come and be with you.” “I understand.” We both drift off into a dark sleep.
I wake up to the smell gasoline. The building is on fire. I hear coughing coming from behind me. I feel myself be picked up and carried out the door. “Jaycob, why did you save me and not the guys?” “They are capable of saving themselves. They know I wouldn’t hurt you so they wanted to kill us.” “Wow.” He takes my hand and walk to the police station. “You can do this. I will tell them you helped me escape.” “It will be ok, Julie.” As we walk in there, everyone starts clapping. “Great job. We caught them when they were running out of the building. I am glad you both are ok.” “Jaycob you need to start explaining.”
“I was kidnapped when I was younger but one night they were drunk, so I left and came here. They had been trying to catch them for a while now but couldn’t. So they told me to be their spy on the inside.” “Wow, that’s good they caught them but why didn’t you tell me?” “I didn’t want to scare you away more than I probably already have.” “I’m not going anywhere.” Jaycob leans down and kisses me. We hear whistles in the background. Wow, my first real kiss with a guy I like. This is exciting. I am glad I met Jaycob in person but I should have also listened to what my dad said.

Next time, I am going to be careful of who I talk to on the internet. They could be pretending to be someone they aren’t. I need to watch what I am doing and what I say. The internet is a big thing in the world today.

We pull up to my house and my dad runs outside. “I am sorry for everything I did, said, just everything. I am truly sorry. Can we start over?” “I would love to, dad.” My dad hugs me, crying on my shoulder. “I was so worried.” I pull Jaycob into the hug because he never got to have an actual family when he was little. Thanks to James and his friend who took him when he was six. It is so sad, he had to live through but the good thing is that he pulled through and is ok now. He helped out them away for a long time. They are going to prison for the rest of their lives. Hopefully I never ever have to relive any of that or Jaycob relive it. It would be too hard for us to handle. Now I am aware about stranger danger. Be cautious, careful, smart, nice, and speak up if something happens.

Five years later
I am already 21 and Jaycob and I have been dating five years now. We both have graduated high school and now we are enrolled in college. Today, is one of the biggest day of my life. I am getting married to the best guy on this earth. My life was changed when I was kidnapped and now that I have grown up and been dating Jaycob. I have been through so much since that happened.

“I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” Jaycob leans in and kisses me with so much passion. “I love you with all my heart and soul,” I whisper in his ear. He picks me up bridal style and carries me down the aisle. “Where are we going?” “We are going to go dance our butts off and have fun doing it.”

I am still upset about what happened to me but I would have never ever thought the internet could be so dangerous. Now, when I have kids I will tell them what happened to me when they get old enough and understand the dangers of the web. I should have listened to my dad. So, listen to your parents when they warn you about certain people.