Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

April 18, 2014
By Tyroneshnitslnazie BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota
Tyroneshnitslnazie BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
''Aint nobody got time for dat''


The phone rings “I’ll get it!” yells Grayce. Her dad replies, “I hope you’re not expecting any boys to call! You’ll be sorry!” “Don’t worry it’s not.” She answers, “Hello?” Her boyfriend Daniel was on the other end. He speaks with a saddened voice, “Do you love me Grayce?” She’s surprised at the question but replies, “Of course babe, you know that. Why do you ask?” What’s this about?” “Would you run away with me?” “You know that if I could I would but my dad would kill me.” She’s getting worried that there’s something wrong. “Can you meet me at the park so I can explain?” Daniel asked with a shaking voice. “Sure what time?” “Tomorrow night”. “Ok babe call me when you want to meet.” click. She’s too frightened to sleep because she doesn’t know what to expect.

The day is long as she waits for the call. She hears the phone ring, and answers, “Hello?” He answers, “Meet me at the park down the trail.” “Ok see you there.” Click. She sneaks out the door while her dad sleeps and heads for the park. At the end of the trail he waits. She runs to him and jumps into his arm. He hugs her tightly, but she can hear him crying. He lets her go and says he’s being shipped to boarding school and he won’t be able to see her for a long time. It gets quiet. They stare at each other him wishing he didn’t have to go and her wishing they did more with the time they had. Grayce breaks the silence, “What’s going to happen with us?” He replies, “were going to have to break up. Here, read this when you get home. I have to get back I’ll try and call before I leave. They go their separate ways.
She gets home, reads the note, and it says,
Dear Grayce,

I never loved you. I always thought you were just a stupid b****. You were nothing to me but a waste of time. I hope you keep this note and remember that I never loved you. I will never miss kissing, hugging, or cuddling with you like we used to. I used you. You were nothing but trash to me.

She sits in her bed crying, unable to fall asleep. After a few hours of tears she feels her phone vibrate. It’s a text from Daniel. It says, “Check your back pocket.” She finds a second note in her pocket and opens it up.

Dear Grayce for real,

I wrote that last note in case your dad might have seen it. I want you to know that I have always loved you and I changed a few words around.
Never=always

Bad names =Beautiful girl
used=needed

nothing=everything.

She realizes how dumb she was and goes to bed happy. She wakes up and turns the T.V. on and scrolls for something to watch. She lands on the news channel and the breaking story is that an airplane heading for an all-boys boarding school has crashed due to technical problems and there are no survivors. She is frozen. All she can think about is that the only person in her life she wants to be with is gone. She wants to be with him and she knows how she can. She runs down stairs takes a knife and drags it across her neck.

Wriiiiiiing the alarm goes off. Oh crap I missed my flight


The author's comments:
good story