The Truth About Alex, Part 2 | Teen Ink

The Truth About Alex, Part 2

NicoleLathrop18539 PLATINUM, Adel, Iowa

When you realize who the good people are in your life, you're so lucky.

Katie started to whimper uncontrollably .Alex started to panic, this could only mean one thing, she was dieing. I picked her up in my long pale arms and ran over to the car door that was closed a moment ago , and flung katie and myself into the seat

“okay that better not be blood” I heard him mutter under his breath “It is” I glared at him when i told him this. “ My name is Alex and this is Katie and we need to get to a hospital” I snarled, spit flying out of my mouth as I said this. The driver just grinned , his eyes flashing red “you're a little spit fire arentcha little vampire?’ I stared at him for a long second before answering him “ of course i am i don't get by on my looks, do i old Demonical?” “Ahh I see you have found out what I am Little Vampire .Yes it is true that i am a demon but you are much more than a little vampire and my name is smith not Demonical and you must be Alexander” He gave me an evil grin.

“How do you know my name?” I demanded “Your father was one of my most treasured friends and I was there magic maker” He stated simply “your friend Katie doesn’t look to well you might want to check on her” I turned my head disbelieving what he said and instantly saw that Katie was waking up. She was moaning and she jerked up and her eyes went wide when she saw me. “It wasn’t a dream, Alex my god what happened to your face!” Her hands flinched up to my face and lightly brushed it. I felt a shock go through me like I was burning from the inside out , I flinched away from her touch “ Since when do you worry bout me and then touch me ?” She just stared at me like i didn't even exist “what are you talking about i have always been your friend, are you okay did you hit your head Alex?” I ignored her “You must have hit your head harder than I thought.”

Smith chuckled form the front seat “She didn't just hit her head she is under a spell so she doesn’t feel any pain and she is confusing you with her boyfriend Quinn Hemsath”

“Do you think im stupid?”I asked in angry “ When I was little I used to like her and then she met him that filthy dog and now everything's changed, she is a mean , her boyfriend attacked her, hit her then her she ran away I followed her she is so stupid sometimes that she doesn’t even remember what happened and believe it or not I have feelings for her still but they are not as strong as before in 7th grade.” I snapped at him. Smith looked at me and laughed “you are a vicious beast arentcha ?” I just snarled “yeah I am I can take your head off in less then a second!” “you realize Alex that Katie is not going to find help in a hospital because she is a human? who by the way is under a spell and can’t respond to treatment, she will die”

I shook my head at him” You don’t believe she will live do you?” “ Just drop Me and katie off at the Hospital we can take it from there”” I'm sorry Alex i can’t because you guys meaning you and katie are on amber Alert so as soon as you guys walk in you will get arrested , but i can give you a charm to hide your true identity and then you guys can take me with you and i can pretend to be your dad!” He smiled as he said this “Thats a good idea smith but how can you make us a charm that will help hide our identity?” Alex asked “Well i am a demon who can do magic but it comes at a cost you will have to give me something to me like a shoe or a piece of hair or something so when i turn you into someone else i will be able to make Katie and me have the same similarities as you” Smith said “ Fine but if you do anything else with this i will kill you “ I pulled out my vial of blood from my human days and handed it over , I only have two but this one was taken from me by my mom and the other one is taken from me from my father after he turned me into a vampire “ well the connection between you and this object is very strong i can tell it means alot to you and in this case that is very good” Smith said with a small frown “Okay now give me a piece of katies hair and i can proceed okay?” I nodded my head and crawled over to where katie was and yanked out a piece of hair “ Here Smith now hurry please she is dying “ I quickly hurried over to where Smith was and handed him a long black strand of her hair “Okay now we can begin with the spell , now hush Alex i know you are going to ask what it is called , this spell is called Binding it will last for 3 days okay and after that we have to book it out of the hospital our story is that she fell while we were hiking up the river and hit her head and yeah you get the picture this potion will only take me a minute to make okay?” I took a deep breath in and let it out before replying “ How does it work?” Smith looked at me before repliying “ It will hurt alot but the pain will last for only 30 seconds you will feel yourself changing before it happens you will look completly diffrent Katies hair is for me and you so we all have something of each others okay and i am mixing in a peice of my hair which will cause me to look older and less beautiful which i will still look better then you and then you will look like you are 10 and she will look like she is 10 you guys will look like twins okay?” “Okay Smith you better do this right her heart is about to stop “ I looked over to where Katie was laying and felt nothing but emptiness and sorrow imagining a life without Katie but then i remembered that she is never going to be the girl i used to know because of that mutt Quinn “ okay here we go “ Smith staretd to chant in a demon tongue i could understand him “ Lets bind the bind ,mend the part, fix the past and make it gone make us look like each other and turn us into one and fair for one is gone and the other nar” The words didn’t make sense but i remmember that they never made sense because of the demons language is spoken alot diffrently. Smith grabbed Katies hair and sprinkled it on the ground then he grabbed his hair and did the same next mixing a little bit of my blood with it a glass started to grow out of the ground until it was bigger then a goblat and filled with black liquid that i dont reqonize. “ Okay we will need you to go first Alex and then katie and last of all me , take 3 big sipps and then give it to me and we will have to force Katie to drink it “ Smith picked up the black goblet off of the ground and handed it to me , I starred at it wondering if i should even drink it “ Hurry Alex we only have 2 minuts until that cup disinigrates “ I hurridly took 3 big sips and swallowed without tasting it then i handed the cup to Smith who nelt down beside katie and poured some liquid down her throght Katie started to choke and was trying to fight back but Smith was already done and was draining the last bit . “Okay stand back everyone dont go near the cup once i set it down “ Smith threw the cup on the ground and jumped back just in time to because next thing i know there is an explosion of grey and black smoke and i was on my face in the dirt “ what just happend Smith ?” I asked groogley shocked by my own voice it sounded smaller and softer then my normal voice which was very deep and scruffy “ Well Alex you just got knocked down by me , what part of stand back do you not get ?” Smith scolded me but with warmth in his voice “ The change is happening now your voice is a lot softer and mine is deeper look at Katie she looks like a teenager “ Smith pointed out Katie on the ground , her face was starting to bubble and make a hissing noise she let out a shriek and lay still when the bubbling stopped Katie Didn't look like herself She had Long glossy Brown hair her eyelashes brushed her cheek bone when they are closed she was now so skinny and curvy with short fingernails She looked completely different than she did before and now she just looked stunning and gorgeous like take your breath away but stunning where you notice her “ She is a sight now isn't she Alex? but you should see yourself you have hair that points up at the end like what's that movie called that has my good friend Robert and that not so good looking girl Kristen i think?” Smith said deep in thought “ Oh yes its called Twilight you look like The character Edward Cullen” I just looked at him before replying “ What are you talking about ? I don’t even look like him “I said blankly “ well for starters here is a mirror now look at yourself and tell me who you look like “ Smith handed me a mirror and when i looked at myself i jumped “ What???!!!!!! that isnt me i cant walk in there nurses will be all over me and not concentrate on her!!!” I yelled but Smith Smirked “ Well Look at you boy we need to come up with names for both of you “ I thought for a minute before i replied” I will be Justin and she will be Ruby “I laughed at that but i needed pay back on her for all those years she bullied me “ She hates that name Smith and i am picking out a name for you so you look and have a dads name that some what matches our name your name will be Brian “ Nice i thought i picked out the most perfect names that would match but now we need to tell a story about the mom “ Okay Alex i like the name but Ruby? She will probably kill you if she found out that was her new name oh and i lifted the curse or spell what eevr you want to call it so now she will feel pain lots of it “ Smith looked at me with a pointed look “ Smith or should i call you Dad? “ “Alex call me dad i will cut you save it for later got it?” I looked at him Knowingly “ Okay, Smith we need to find out a mom story because if we don’t they will contact a mom or try to and find taht she dosent even exist “ “ okay Kid you have a point but i paint the picture in there heads in other words i tell them the story “ I looked at him with a glare “ Okay But we need to go now okay?” Smith shook his head yes and we piled back into the car and drove down the street to the hospital. When we got there we were horrified because it was so full “How are we going to get inside and get help on time to save her life?” I whispered “ Well Justin you can call me dad now all we have to do is go into the Emergency lane and they will get us help” I was turning this plane over in my head “ Okay lets do it Dad Remember her name is Ruby Mine is Justin and Your is Brian our last name is-----” He cut me off “our last name is Grey its classy and i already have it all set up the account the insurance the job and the house where we live at oh and here is your cell phone “ He handed me a Galaxy 4s and Got out of the car and walked over to Katie's side and slung her over his shoulder and started to run “HELP HELP MY DAUGHTER RUBY IS HURT” Smith was so good that i actually believed him but When i noticed him wink at me i knew it was just a glamour he put on every one so they see what he wants them to see I quickly hurried after him when my feet hit the pavement it made a wet a wet sort of noise that made my ears hurt with the sharp squeak that was painful but i kept on running towards Katie and Smith “Dad wait up!!!” I yelled to smith with a smile on my face , this was going to be fun i said to myself. I Knew i couldn't run as fast as i wanted to because people would freak so i kept it at a slow pace and pretended i was out of breath when really i didn't need any “ Justin hurry Ruby needs help NOW” Smith Screamed at me but i knew it was an act “I'm coming i picked up my pace a little and Was at his side in less then a second Smith started to run along side me I looked down at Katies head and didn’t recognize her at all but then i remembered that we had took that stuff that made me feel funny in fact i still feel funny i tried to run as fast as i could but i soon found out that my still heart was now in fact pumping away, “ Um Smith er dad what is going on my heart is pumping like i am alive” “ well Justin YOU are alive now until the next 3 days remember?” I just looked at him “ Do i have to eat at all like human food ? Or do i get to drink blood still?” Smith started to laugh between his teeth but on the outside he didn’t look like he was laughing much less talking he looked like he was crying and was frantic , he is a good actor all right “ Alex you have to eat human food and drink Water or Juice or anything like that heck you could even have alcohol now if you wanted but i would recommend you not to have alcohol or i will have to beat you cause i can’t have a drunk boy on my hands and watch his girlfriend at the same time could i ?” I laughed at this “ I can’t see you even watching anything “ Snith gave me the stink eye that would make anyone shrink away but in this case it made me laugh alot harder . by the time we got to the door of the Emergency entrance we had calmed down. People dreesed in Green and Blue scrubs rushed out of the door and lifted Katie up out of smith’s arms I followed her with my eyes and i don’t know why but i started to freak out when they placed that dreaded face mask that helped you breath on her face “ Wait” I yelled at them, they all turned around and looked at me. I cleared my throught before going on “ Do you guys know whats wrong with her? Is she going to be okay? what are you guys going to do with her? She is my sister and i need to know” I made my voice crack at the end and started to cry cause thats what 10 year olds do when they are upset or are worried, one of the doctors walked up to me and placed his big hand on my small shoulder “ Son what is your name?” he asked me i looked up at him “ My name is Justin Sammual Grey, sir, i am 10 years old and i want to know if myb sister is okay!” I started to sob , The doctor put his hand under my chin and made me look at him his eyes were grey and he looked to be in his 80’s he was a small frail man with frizzy white hair that reached his shoulders “ Justin your a brave young man but your sister might not make it out of here alive im so sorry but as i looked at her i knew we can only give her time before we do treatment her neck is broken her back is broken in 2 places she is not parlized but she also has a sever concusion and is in a coma we can’t tell you how long it will last “ I looked at him and hit him scqaur in the jaw and started to scream “ You don’t even believe in her you filthy stupid---------” I was cut off by Smith pulling me face first into his shirt “ Im sorry doctor. We will give you 3 Days i cant give you any more time we need her home with us her life is short ” with that he turned me and him around and walked us to the waiting room. I heard footsteps stumbbling towards us in a hurried fashion “ Mr.Grey Wait i need to talk to you” It was the doctor who i hit i hope he doesn’;t sue us for what i did we stoped and made him come towards us ,when the doctor caught up to us he was out of breath “ Mr.Grey we cant let you take your daughter until she is stable im afraid but we can give you more hours at visiting time tomorrow “ He sttated flatly glaring at me the whole time “ Im sorry Doctor or what ever your scummy name is we are taking my daughter home put her in a cast if you must but she will be coming with me and my son” Smith snarled at him “ Well Mr.Grey my name is MR.SNODEN and i will call the police if you take your daughter is that clear?” “ Mr. Snoblem or is it Snoden oh well you may call the police but i will dissapear before you can say bye do you understand and no its not clear considering that you are not her dad nor her family member and you cant tell me what to do, i am of a higher rank then you” Smith Smiled at him as he said this “ and besides you can’t keep me from my own kid” I chuckled at this because it was so true, Mr.Snoden, the doctor was so mad that his face turned bright red , then to dark purple “ Hey Snortan or what ever im not mood to fight with you”

heres the other part to the other story lol enjoy

on Apr. 23 2014 at 11:02 am
NicoleLathrop18539 PLATINUM, Adel, Iowa

There will be more but i am working my butt off so if you liek it great just come back on my ppage next week and look up the truth about alex part 3