The Man With The Angry Eyes | Teen Ink

The Man With The Angry Eyes

By LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida

"Be the change that you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

I was walking outside when I was stopped by a mysterious man. He was covered head to toe in black. The only part of him that was visible were his eyes. Looking into his eyes I felt a sudden wave of sadness wash over me. Suddenly I saw fire in the mans eyes. He started yelling, "No! Not here! Not now!" I was so confused by what was going on that I realized too late that he was pulling me towards his house. I was about to scream but he looked into my eyes, and somehow silenced me. I tried to scream but no sound would come out, my lips wouldn't even move.

He pulled me into his house. He turned the light on and I wished he hadn't, not because his house was messy, but because of how neat it was. My dad was a CIA agent and he had always told me not to get close to people who were too neat. There wasn't a single thing out of place. Everything was perfect. The man removed the black ski mask that had been covering his face. I stared at him in awe. He looked me in the eyes and asked, "What? What is it?"

In my head I was thinking that this man was an idiot, I mean I could have been staring at him because he had just kidnapped me! I wasn't though. I was staring at him because he was gorgeous. He wasn't the type of gorgeous where everyone thought he was the most amazing person in the world, not even model gorgeous. He was so much more than that. Just by looking at him I felt like I had known him forever, like him kidnapping me was meant to happen. Although, it could also be my time to die....but I was hoping that it wasn't. Finally I said something, "Please tell me your name. Please."

"Peetis. My name is Peetis, and you are Emily."

For some reason I was not surprised that he knew my name, "Yes. Emily Yughter," I probably shouldn't have been telling him my full name, but I felt like it was okay. Suddenly he pulled me closer and kissed me. At that moment I fell in love with him. I had thought that I'd been in love before, but that was nothing compared to this. I knew that I loved him, even though I had only known him for about 5 minutes.

He let go of me, stepping back a bit. Practically reading my mind he said to me, "I don't know you, but what I do know is that I love you."

"I love you too," I started to pull him towards me for another kiss, but he stopped me. He started walking further into the house. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"To get something. Wait here."

His voice was perfect. Like music to my ears. It was deep and raspy, but not too raspy. Sort of raspy like he had just been woken up out of a deep sleep. In such little amount of time I had developed a strong attraction towards him, like I had been waiting for him for centuries. He had disappeared into a bedroom in the back of the small house. I was about to go looking for him when he reappeared, "I have something for you."

I was suddenly nervous, "What is it?"

He came closer to me and handed me a picture. It was of a man that looked to be about 25 or so. He had thick black hair that just barely hit his shoulders. He was wearing close that looked like they were from 1840. Peetis studied my face and said, "Emily, you know this man."

Suddenly I remembered, this was a man that had been friends with my father. He always looked so young. He never seemed to age. My father never told me who he was, he only told me not to be afraid of him. My father had always spoken highly of this man. My father told me to call him Yurry. Yurry was a very handsome man I remember. He always smelt of old books, which I loved. I was 16 when I met him, and I had felt a strong attraction towards him. Much like the attraction that I was now feeling towards Peetis. My father had told me not to get involved with Yurry no matter how strongly I felt about him. Yurry knew that I had held feelings for him. He found it very fascinating. He told me that if my father wouldn't frown upon it he would share the same feelings. I felt a pang of anger, "No. I don't want to talk about this."

Peetis studied me carefully, "So you do remember."

"Of course I remember! How could I forget? How could I forget how he left? How could I forget how he wouldn't tell me what was wrong? I hate him! I hate him and I refuse to talk about him!" I started for the door, but Peetis grabbed me.

"Emily I'm sorry. Yurry never meant to hurt you."

I was enraged. How did Peetis know anything about Yurry and I's relationship? Who did he think he was? "You don't know anything. Let go of me!"

"I love you Emily, and I will have you," Before I could move away from him Peetis bit my neck. I felt his warm teeth sink into my jugular. I felt my blood drain from my body. I was beginning to get light-headed, and felt like I would pass out. Peetis retracted his teeth and let my limp body fall into his arms.