The Blood Red Angel | Teen Ink

The Blood Red Angel

February 19, 2014
By LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
69 articles 15 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change that you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi


When I was 13, I liked to go for walks in the woods. I liked to go just after sunset when the sky was orange. Many people liked to camp in these woods which made the air smell like campfire; I loved that smell. I had just eaten dinner, my stomach full like a hot air balloon when I decided to go out for a walk. I knew that I should have stayed home because it was starting to get dark, but I couldn’t resist. There was something that seemed to be pulling me there.

I found an area where a tree had fallen, and sat down. I could smell a campfire nearby, I could hear the crickets chirping loud. I was about to get up and walk further when I heard a shuffle in the leaves. I turned in the direction of the noise and caught a glimpse of red. I started to walk in the direction of the red figure when suddenly it turned around on me, the air felt cold. As cold as water right after your foot breaks through ice.

It stared at me with eyes as dark as the deep depths of the ocean. The creature’s mouth was open in a silent scream. I was paralyzed as it walked towards me. As it came closer I saw how horrifyingly beautiful it was. Like an angel that wishes you death. I wanted to get closer to it and run away from it all at the same time.

It was covered head to toe in wet scarlet blood. It was in the form of a human, yet it’s skin shined. It grabbed my face and looked at me with a question in it’s eyes. All of a sudden I heard a deep and cold voice in my head. My eyes opened wide in horror as the voice told me not to move. It told me to be still while it took my life away. The voice inside my head told me what this what it was. A Blood Red Angel. I was about to ask the angel why it had chosen me, when it hushed me. The angel told me that my questions were pointless, and that I wouldn’t be able to tell anyone the answers anyway.
***

I woke up in the hospital. My parents were watching me with scared eyes. They told me that I was walking in the woods when I fell and hit my head. A camper had brought me to the hospital and the hospital called my parents. A feeling of horror washed over my entire body as I realized that I hadn’t hit my head at all. Before I could say a word, that same deep, cold voice hushed me again. I knew then how the Blood Red Angel survived, it fed on the souls of children too afraid to speak. The Blood Red Angel would keep me quiet forever.


The author's comments:
Descriptive Essay for English!