The Chain | Teen Ink

The Chain

January 23, 2014
By Beaver143 SILVER, St. Helens, Oregon
Beaver143 SILVER, St. Helens, Oregon
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
― Edgar Allan Poe


You stand in a room all alone. No one around, not even a shadow. You try to look and see where you are but it is to dark. To dark to see your own hand that is only inches from your face. You still would like to know where you are, yet you don’t know how. How can you find out about a place you are in if you cannot see it? You can’t feel around, because your hands have gotten so cold that you can no longer feel them. You keep wondering how to search this room, and then you think about walking. You can walk around; you can try to figure where in the room you are at, and how big it is. You begin to walk, but then you are stopped. You can’t walk anymore, something has stopped you. You keep trying to walk, but something keeps stopping you. You yank on your leg, and feel something attached to it. You bend down to feel that it is, with what feeling you have left in your hands. Run your hand down your leg, felling every hair that is standing up. You get down to your ankle, and feel a giant bump that runs around your ankle. You fell around it to the back if the bump. There is something attached to it. You bend down on one knee to feel what is attacked. Running your hand further and further away from yourself. So far you feel like your arm might not go much further. You feel something like a chain in your hand. You finally find out that the chain is not only attached to you, but to the wall. It’s the thing that is preventing you from moving. Someone must have locked you up in here, but why? You couldn’t think of any reason. You didn’t know of anyone that would do this to you. Everyone you knew liked you. You had no enemies, but you still wonder who locked me up here? You still try to look around, until you see a little light peeking in. You wonder what it could be. You see it getting bigger, and brighter. You run through your mind on what it could be, and the first thing you come up with is that a door? This is the only thing that keeps running in your head. The light finally opens completely, you find out it is a door. You start to smile, and feel warm tears run down your face. You feel happy, hoping that this person is here to save you. Then you hear a voice coming from the light, and a shadow appears. It’s the shape of a man. You stopped smiling, not knowing if he can see it or not. The voice is getting louder as it is saying one sentence. “Hello there.”