Meaty | Teen Ink

Meaty

By chosenunicorn GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
chosenunicorn GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
― A.A. Milne

Chained down and blind folded, I panic. Cold hands pry open my mouth and pour something all over my face. The thick, slimy, and sour liquid slides down my throat, and I can feel its journey all the way down to my stomach. Sour, yet sweet taste like cherry mixed with an almost meaty taste fills my mouth. The hands keep my mouth open and still pour the liquid into my mouth. Some runs into my nose and eyes, burning them. I start coughing, trying to stop any more from going in, but it just makes it worse. I can't stop coughing now. The liquid runs out, and the hand lets my mouth close.

Hours later, the taste is still in my mouth. I hear the liquid sloshing around before the hand opens my mouth. This time, I'm a little more prepared. It takes a little longer for the frigid hands to rip apart my lips, but it doesn’t help me much. The liquid settled a bit while the struggle was going on, so the liquid is even thicker and slimier than before. A huge lump slides under the blindfold, and just before it sits on my right eye, I seem a glimpse of the person forcing the liquid down my throat.

I know her. The shock of who is doing this to me makes the pain of suffocation and the burning in my right eye fade. I know her and I know why she is doing this to me.

I was given the inspiration of a weirdly tasting lollipop, which apparently was cherry flavored. Oops!