The Struggle | Teen Ink

The Struggle

October 16, 2013
By imhereforthethought PLATINUM, Wayne, New Jersey
imhereforthethought PLATINUM, Wayne, New Jersey
43 articles 0 photos 45 comments

White lay there, trying to save what was left of himself. A Gray has done wrong by him, and now something is building up inside of him. It is darkness. It is rage, and it is building up inside of him. By now, the Gray is long gone. He has travelled back through the night to find his own dwelling because he is clever in his pursuit to leave in time. When a Gray goes to draw a White, his presence must swiftly come and go, as not to speed up the agitation process. Another White would come soon. He was sure of it. He could feel it. He would be ready for it.

Darkness was now beginning to overwhelm White. He began to stalk through the path out of his dwelling. It was an extensive, slow walk as he was coming from a secluded place. He passed many other occupied areas, full of Gray and White. Unlike most times, he did not have fear of being drawn by a Gray, as they all would see his exterior darkening already. He finally reached the main crossing and began on the path of his captor. Light was no longer absent. A flame illuminated the gleaming face of Gray. This is what Gray wanted. Without further contemplation, White charged. Gray instinctively slashed at White, and came in contact, piercing him. While doing so, Gray had raised himself up, leaving White enough open space. White clawed, and left Gray with a laceration across most of his left side. This had expended most of White’s strength and energy; after all, he was damaged too. So they both were there, nearly still, but in close proximity to each other. If White did nothing, his color would lighten, but he would well likely perish from Gray. If Gray did nothing, he would surely fall. Whoever took the other would be healed, but at a cost. Fading thought was coming to both of them, but they had to think swiftly. Soon two would be taken. Gray turned his head to see that White was not facing him. Time was expiring fast. White then also turned his head, and in that moment, their thoughts linked, and they took themselves.


The author's comments:
Keep in tune for a sports memoir and a new series.