3 Days (part 2) | Teen Ink

3 Days (part 2)

By TheGirlYouDontKnow BRONZE, Pagosa Springs, Colorado
TheGirlYouDontKnow BRONZE, Pagosa Springs, Colorado

Happiness doesn't just happen you have to make it happen.

As much as I hated it he was right.
I pushed away from the wall and tried to get my bearings. Had I already been here? Was this the same way? I couldn't think much because the fatigue had finally caught up with me. Three days of being in here without any real food could cause a world of hurt on the body. My throat was rough and dry, I could taste the lining beginning to bleed. Desperate for thirst I clung to the wall where a small trickle of water ran down it's limestone bricks. I tried to line my mouth just right to catch the dripping water. I managed a few small drops but the rest of my attempts were futile. Hunger pulled at my stomach and I felt my body collapse. My bare knees fell to the ground with a THUD. My head came next, falling and cracking. Crimson liquid dripped from the wound and I felt my eyes close. This is the end, this was how I died.
'Three days.' the voice whispered into my ear. 'You'll be mine forever.'
I knew what he spoke was true, that if I wanted to taste freedom again I would have to get off this ground. I tried to heave myself up from this floor but every attempt failed and again I felt my cheek against the cold floor. Glass nipped at my bare skin and I let it. I would die right here, on this floor. He would win.