Camp Fire Story | Teen Ink

Camp Fire Story

By peaches-le-fuzz BRONZE, Willard, Utah
peaches-le-fuzz BRONZE, Willard, Utah

If I'm ever having a bad day I just remember 2 things
1. Chocolate helps with everything.
2 Killing people is still Illegal

The full moon cloaked in dark gray glided slowly across the night sky giving off very little light. Despite the beauty of the scene I didn't care what the heck the stupid moon looked like,it wasn't giving me any light and that ticked me off.
My heavy breathing accompanied by water lapping against a distant shore that I could not see were the only sounds in the dark quiet night. My feet pounded against cobblestone streets, and moonlight reflected off dusty glass windows of once were stores, all that was left in them now was just a memory.
Some...thing was chasing me it's face shrouded in a dark black hood. It's cloak never seeming to rustle as it moved, feet never seeming to land as it walked. My thoughts were filled with things such as 'What was the thing?' 'What would happen if the thing got me?' I got tired of referring to it as 'The Thing' so I named it Nancy. Nancy continued at her pace never seeming to tire.
I realized that I could never out run (out float whatever) Nancy so I began to twisted though the streets, the summer air making me sweat. I took a very wrong turn down a dark alley way. I don't know what I was thinking, but the alley did not have an opening. I was tempted to run back out, but as soon as I had the thought, Nancy glided to the entrance of the alley. Nancy seemed to slow down, and I had a feeling that under her dark hood, Nancy was smiling. Nancy stretched out a gray blistered hand as if she wanted to touch my face. 'Get a manicure before you touch me you freak!' I thought in my head. Nancy was so close I could feel her hot breath on my skin. I closed my eyes and prepared for the worst.
Suddenly I sat up in bed, my face drenched with sweat. "It was just I dream." I whispered to myself "Just a dream." The feeling of my cool sheets, was not enough to convince me that I was really home, really safe. I went to flip on the light switch, but before my hand could get close enough to turn the lights on, a figure swooped over me in the darkness. Someone was there to greet me.