The Bone Tower | Teen Ink

The Bone Tower

February 12, 2013
By SerbiaTakesCntrl GOLD, Pompano Beach, Florida
SerbiaTakesCntrl GOLD, Pompano Beach, Florida
11 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages to which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, and is well worth staying up all night to finish."
— Lemony Snicket (Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid)


I had a dream that I was in a tower. The tower wasn’t very tall, but it had no doors and I couldn’t get down.

I had a baby, but it came out messy and tangled and I had to drop it out the window because I couldn’t stand the sight of it. This happened again and again until my little tower was littered with my babies’ bones. Sometimes at night I could hear them crying for me, waiting out in the cold.

There came a night when I could no longer take their screams, and so I threw myself over the side. Unfortunately my tower was too little, and the fall didn’t kill me; instead, I lay among my babies’ remains and cried with them until nothing was left but my bones and theirs.


The author's comments:
Not an actual dream, it's just part of the piece.