Deception: The Mad Man Mastermind | Teen Ink

Deception: The Mad Man Mastermind

By ChickenLittle BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina
ChickenLittle BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Talk confident and any fool will believe you!

Deception: The Mad Man Mastermind
(This story is only select information from the cases in relation to Madman)
This is a fictional story no characters in this story are made to portray real people.

There has been an armed robbery at the Express Check Kentucky Bank downtown, the robber is unidentified at the time, and is not caught on the security tapes.
“This is Becky responding to the robbery at the Express Check Kentucky Bank I am in route.”
Police Report:
Location: 400 Eli Lane

Jake Town, Kentucky 18640
Description: This was an armed robbery, no description of the robber at the time, as he was not caught on the security footage; the witnesses are in questioning.

Time: 5:55 PM

Responder: Sheriff Becky Douglas

Arrival Time: 6:00 pm
Statement:
I was at the bank at the time of the robbery; a strange man of a larger size came in who was wearing a ski mask, earmuffs, sunglasses, and black leather gloves (odd as it is the middle of August in Kentucky). The man waited in line like the rest of us, but when he got to the front (two people before me) the man whispered something to the desk clerk. The next thing I know the man pulls out a gun and yells “Give me the money or I shoot!” At that time we all ducked and covered. Luckily, I had left my daughter in the car. I do recall that he had a black goatee.
Dear Diary,

Today we solved the case! Jake Kid, a man with a full goatee, who was at the bank at the time of the robbery, not found in the security films and who left before the police questioning was apprehended this morning at 9:00 AM. It took a long time, but after having a person testify that he was at the bank and that he did not have an account at Express Check Kentucky Bank, we knew we had our guy.
Becky

Mad Man: “I pulled it off; It wasn’t that hard to do! Next time I will get a larger payout. Now they have that other guy and they don’t suspect a thing.”
There has been a shoplifter at the Wal-Mart on James Boulevard, the robber was unidentified at the time, and was not caught on the security tapes.
“This is Becky responding to the shoplifting at the Wal-Mart I am on the way.”
Police Report:
Location: 912 James Boulevard

Jake Town, Kentucky 18640
Description: This was a shoplifting, no description of the shoplifter at the time, as he was not caught on the security footage; he took a 12 karat diamond ring from the Jewelry Department. The witnesses are in questioning.

Time: (around) Noon

Responder: Sheriff Becky Douglas

Arrival Time: 12:37 PM
Statement:

He was a very oddly dressed man wearing a coat with a hood and a hat, not to mention that he was always looking down and wore sunglasses, all I remember about his face was that he had a goatee. The man came in and asked if I had any extravagant engagement rings, so I asked his price range and he said “money’s no object”. Naturally I showed him the most expensive ring. He picked it up in his gloved hands to look at it and he just walked away. I tried to go after him, but I was scared so I also called security and by the time they got there he was already gone.

We caught our shoplifter today! We combed through the security tapes like a thousand times and we found nothing. Just when all hope was lost we looked through the employee files and we found nothing. We had hit a dead end! I know that I am a great police officer; I don’t know what is going on, not to mention our amazing detective team. When I decided to check the employees complete background I found that B.J. Murphy had a brother that was arrested before with a goatee and despised his brother as his criminal record left him jobless. He is being processed at the moment.
Becky
Mad Man: “Imbeciles, that wasn’t even my best work! All I had to do was come in and out the back entrance during delivery time and I did almost the same thing as last time! I will go for a HUGE payout this time!”
Mad Man: “Why do you want him dead?”
Julia: “Do you know how much money he has and I love someone else; stupid pre-nup!”
Mad Man: “Works for me, what time and where?”
Julia: “Six tomorrow night, at 470 Macintosh Lane, Jake Town, Kentucky 18640.”
Mad Man: “That will be $900,000.”
Julia: “You better get the job done!”
Mad Man: “You don’t have to worry about that, pleasure doing business with you!”
There has been a murder at 470 Macintosh Lane, Jake Town, Kentucky 18640.
“This is Becky responding to the murder at 470 Macintosh Lane I am in route.”
Police Report:
Location: 470 Macintosh Lane

Jake Town, Kentucky 18640
Description: This was a gruesome murder scene, no witnesses were found the wife found him when she got home, there is evidence of a struggle; the victim John Green was shot through the heart 4 times. His wife is in questioning.

Time: 6:00 pm

Responder: Sheriff Becky Douglas

Arrival Time: 6:04 pm
Statement:

I don’t know what happened! I come home and my HUSBAND IS DEAD! I call the police as soon as I walked in and saw him. Can someone tell me what is going on? I see blood all over the floor and every minute felt like a year! I don’t know what more to tell you.
Mad Man: “How did it go?”
Julia: “It is not that hard to fake a few tears.”
Mad Man: “I know, you still sure that you wanted to do this?”
Julia: “Yeah, but even if I wasn’t, there is nothing I can do now, is there!”
Mad Man: “I know, but some people feel this thing called guilt.”
Julia: “Why, are you guilty?”
Mad Man: “No, I did not even know the man! Seriously though, what is guilt?”
Julia: “You are kidding right!”
Mad Man: “No, I have only heard of it.”
Julia: “You’re just pulling my leg, but it means feeling sorry for what you did.”
Mad Man: “Cool.”
Julia: “Thanks again!”
Mad Man: “No problem!”
Mad Man: “A year has gone by and those buffoons haven’t figured it out! With Julia’s bad acting I thought I would be in jail, by now!”
Confession:
Julia:
“I cannot take it anymore, a year has gone by and I thought that this feeling would never come, but I feel so guilty and ashamed! I don’t care what you do to me I have to come clean! My husband’s death is all my fault! It wasn’t my fault just because I wasn’t there, I hired a hit man! I loved someone else but he, John, had money and we had a pre-nup! I felt right then but I have felt guiltier and guiltier every day!”
Becky:
“What was the hit man’s name?”
Julia:
“I cannot say.”
Becky: “If you don’t you will not only be charged with accomplice to murder, but I will make sure that you get the maximum sentence; don’t test me!”
Julia: “All I know is that he goes by Mad Man, he has a black goatee, and he is really stealthy. He said he can’t feel guilt but I thought he was joking, but now I’m not so sure.”
Becky: “Do you know if he was involved in a bank robbery and a shoplifting recently before he talked to you?”
Julia: “I don’t know, but I found him on private listings of the most active, most dangerous, criminals in the area, on the black market.”
Becky: “BLACK MARKET! Never mind, how I can find him?”
Julia: “We always met in dark allies and parking lots. He always knew to meet him by me calling him and leaving a message.”
Becky: “Is his number in your phone?”
Julia: “Yes, I put it in under MM.”
Becky: “You will call him, you will have us drop you off in the ally and wear a wire. Once you have made contact we will come in and arrest him and you. Do I make myself clear?”
Julia: “Yes.”
Later that day:
Dear Diary,
Today we solved the murder mystery and the string of crimes before it. I feel so bad putting the wrong people in prison, but at least we got Julia and Mad Man, aka, James Helroy. They will be tried later this week. In the days leading up to their trial, we will be releasing those that were wrongly accused and finding compensation for them.
Becky
On this day of May thirty-first of nineteen ninety-one we the jury sentence James Helroy to life in prison with a psychiatric examination, with a chance of parole.
On this day of May thirty-first of nineteen ninety-one we the jury sentence Julia Green to 30 years in prison, with a chance of parole.
Becky: “I was such a great police officer and now I have messed up so badly! I made it right, but those two men cannot get there time spent in jail back, I can’t believe I messed up so badly, and I even thought I was the best there was, man was I wrong!”

I originally did not want to write this story, but it was a school assignment. As,I was writing I stared to enjoy it more and more. I hope you appreciate it as much as I do now!