.you never know what'll happen | Teen Ink

.you never know what'll happen

January 4, 2013
By JYazzmen GOLD, Pensacola, Florida
JYazzmen GOLD, Pensacola, Florida
12 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you can find out who a person is by the kind of books they read"


Living with this thing burden if you will well it has consumed my life. taken all of my loved ones from me and left me completely alone...
The story starts when I walk into the big double doors of the hospital trying to get to my sick grandma. she was someone I cared for dearly,and me wanting nothing at the moment but for her to get better ran down the halls looking for her room.
"room 312",I kept muttering to myself.
"excuse me sir, can i help you with something?"
I turned around prepared to say that I was looking for my grandmother's room when my heart stopped. It was a girl, around my age, working at the place from her uniform. She looked just like my mother when she was younger, not that I ever got to meet her. She died giving birth to me. The girl had the same honey brown hair that I've seen in my mother's pictures. she also had the same one dimpled smile and even the small amount of freckles on her nose. My father never wanted to talk about her, he would just say that he was madly in love with her and that I have was just like her.
Anyway the girl was standing there waiting for me to reply.
"uggggg", I said oh son intelligently. she cocked her head to the side confused. I shook my head trying to clear it.
"I'm sorry it's just you reminded me of someone. I'm just looking for my grandmothers room,312." I managed to choke out.
"oh OK I can show you exactly where it is come with me." I followed the girl down the winding halls while she was talking, even though I was only half paying attention. "...yea my name is... and I work here 'cause... I really do like it here but... it sucks."
"uh huh", I said every now and then. Rude I know but I wouldn't help but to stare, she just looked so much like my mother that I was unnerved. By the time we got to the room she had stopped talking and had her hands on her hips.
"you know if you didn't want to talk to me we could have just walked in silence. I was talking to you 'cause....I don't know you seemed kind of..."
"look I'm sorry but you just really look like someone I know and it's-"
"unnerving", she said at the same time I said it. we looked at each other for a minute when we both heard an ear splitting scream. we whirled around in different directions, knocking heads.
"ow!"
"come on lets go!" she screamed.
"where?"
"just follow me! this ain't nothin' new. he'll be coming in a minute!"
I was too confused to reply, I followed the 'mama look a-like' down the halls. this time though some of the lights were busted and nurses were looking horrified.
"what is going on?!"
"this happens every so often. after each attack they get new workers, 'cept us 'cause we're under age they don't really check. but I forgot that he would come today. Every time!"
"What are you talking about!?!"
She didn't have time to reply, because just then this man came out of thin air and.....





Find out what happens next later....