The Beasts | Teen Ink

The Beasts

December 18, 2012
By Bloodryne BRONZE, Beatrice, Nebraska
Bloodryne BRONZE, Beatrice, Nebraska
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Forever Alone"- Meme


A child, only twelve years old sat alone in a dark alley on a cold winter night. The child was crying, maybe it due to the fact that there were two bodies crumpled over each other in front of him.
In the midst of the streets, sirens blare above all others. A lone police car pulled into the alley way in front of the young child. The officer said three words “are you okay?” That’s when he noticed what may have been the boy’s parents. The boy looked up at the police officer, with a wide grin across his face. Then everything went black.

That was the report I received two days ago on Christmas Eve, from the lone officer. He had reported an immense pain. The police chief gave us the details on what happened to the officer. He had several lacerations all around his torso. He had a minor concussion due to the blunt force trauma to the head. The most interesting thing about it was the fact that he had a burn mark in the shape of an angel wing on his right arm. At first we thought it was a tattoo, with closer attention. It looked as if it was burned on the arm with a cattle prod.

I put the file back on my desk, and began my walk of despair. I was going to be released of my duty as a police officer. It started with a report coming from dispatch saying “Officer down, I repeat officer down. All units report to thirty-forth and Washington.” It was the same night, we found the injured officer.

What we found was unbelievable. This thing is the only way I could describe it. It loomed over the injured officers shaking body. The officer was screaming “Make it stop! Please make it stop! Make it go away!” The thing had four arms, and a set of wings, as black as the night sky on its back. The thing picked up the officer and slammed him against the wall of the building next to him. We opened fire in this monstrosity. It had no reaction to the multiple shot. One of the many officers at the scene contacted dispatch. The only thing he could say was “Call dispatch!” The monster finally let go of the injured officer. It was then that the monster had disappeared, and all that was in the place of the monster was a little boy. Who was crying.

We rushed to see if the child was okay. There was no response. A noise from behind us startled all of us, we all turned to look, but nothing was there. Once we returned our gaze to the boy, he was gone. We looked at each other with pure confusion. Once back up came through, the battle was already over. We began to search every alley way and road for evidence of the thing, that had terrorized the poor officer. Only the people who had arrived on seen first we determined to fine evidence. The rest thought we were on a wild goose chase. A few good men went around neighborhood houses to see if any homeowners had seen anything. All we came up with was a few noises and a day’s worth of weird questioning faces.
That day will never let me be the same. As I walked up to the police chief, he stamped my discharge papers, and my admittance papers to a nearby asylum, with a seal of approval. That was the last recorded incident of the beast. It has been at least three years, up until today.

I had just returned to the force. The asylum had let me out on good behavior and improvement on my mental stability. Now I just work the beat. I got a call about a shooting on a family, two parents, one child. As I pulled up to the given address, I saw the boy kneeling on the ground in tears in front of his deceased parents. I walked forward, I started to see things, they were memories of the Beast. My vision started to fade, then in the last few seconds of sight. I saw the boy look up at me, with a wide grin across his face.


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece due to a night mare I had the day before.