The Monster Inside

My head is pounding, and I can barely move. I don't want to lift my head, if I do, ill see what I have done. It was an accident, I'm sure of it. I couldn't control myself, it just happened. But it’s to late to feel sorry now. I have to get up and go. I lift my head up slowly and take the wreckage in. "I did this." I think to myself. I sit up all the way and try to breathe evenly. I am a monster. All I do is destroy. A pale blonde strand of hair falls in front of my eyes, as I push it aside another thought occurs to me and I start to panic. "Sam!" I try to yell, but it comes out as a mere whisper. I stand up quickly and my head starts pounding even harder. "Sam!" I try to yell again. I run down the hall and try to find him, my brother. While I run I scan my surroundings- papers and posters shredded and strewn all over the floor, walls with cracks and holes in them, and the ceiling lights flicker on and off. I reach a huge room that before today was a cafeteria, now its just a room filled with flipped over tables and broken chairs.
That’s when I see Sam. He’s lying on the floor in between a table and a broken soda machine.
I run over and start to shake him. "Get up. Get up!" I say and my voice falters again. A shaky cough escapes him. I sigh with relief. His eyes fly open and he says something I can't quite understand.
"What?" I reply.
"We need to get of here, now." He says a little bit more clearly.
"I know, let's go." I say as he stands up.
"Put your hood on" I add.
We both slip on our jacket hoods and start walking to the exit of the school.
While we walk to the doors Sam asks, "Do you hear that?"
"Hear what?" then I hear it.
A woman is talking, no not talking, yelling. Yelling at what, I don't know.
We keep walking, and as we walk the voice gets louder and clearer.
"Help!...There's something in...I don't know..." I hear bits and pieces of what the woman is saying.
Sam and I pass a room where the door stands ajar and I see where the voice is coming from.
Mrs. Elaine, my math teacher, is the one yelling into her cell phone.
"Please, help me, there's monsters here! No, no they’re kids but... listen to me! They’re at Grey Oaks High, please hurry, they...." Elaine turns around and sees us.
"Help! I see them, please!" she screams.
Sam and I bolt to the door. Sam shoves it open and we're free... for now.
"Go, Hurry! The police will be here any minute." I say as I grab my bike from where it stands leaned up against the side of the building. Sam grabs his too and then a police car flies around the corner and pulls into the parking lot.
"Keep your head down." I mutter to Sam as we walk passed the car. Surprisingly, the policeman only gives us a quick glance, opposed to the usual glares we get from about everyone, he probably is too busy to worry about us while he thinks they’re a raving lunatic in the local high school. I only wish she was a lunatic and not correct about us being monsters. There is no better way to explain what we are. My brother and I may look as normal as two twin fourteen year olds go, but there is nothing normal about us.

Allicat001 said...
This would be a really good start to a larger story, you did a great job with the suspense.  My only suggestion would be to go into greater description about the looks of your protagonists surroundings, but otherwise you did a fantastic job!  Keep writing:)

Britishgirl replied...
Thanx for the feedback :) I'll definitely work on the details