Coming | Teen Ink

Coming

By PeNfReAk10 PLATINUM, Chino Hills, California
PeNfReAk10 PLATINUM, Chino Hills, California

When life hands you lemons, take the seeds and plant them.

He was coming.
My chest was heavy, heaving breaths of oxygen that couldn’t sustain me for too long. My legs ached and they went up in flames as I ran along the dim-lighted sidewalk. But I could hear him. Laughing something horrible at me as I ran. I could hear him crunching over dried leaves.

He was coming.

I tried my hardest to sprint across the street, but I heard him everywhere. He was ubiquitous, coming and going, his laughter becoming a horrifying reverberation in my eardrum. Then I heard a knife being drawn from its sheath. I felt panic boil in me, bubbling until I started to sweat and churn in my stomach.

He was coming.

I started crying then, trying my hardest, but knowing it was all in vain.

It was just inevitable.

Was just inevitable.

Just inevitable.

Inevitable.

But then, I saw a light. A bright light that illuminated across the city. It seemed like miles away, but I had hope. And hope is blinding. I slowed down for a moment in my heart of joy and felt happiness let my feet fly with the wind. But then I heard his laughter in my ear.

He was coming.

I felt a brutal pain at my cheek as the knife hurtled itself into my flesh. A laceration of a trench was embedded in my face forever, but that lent me speed I never knew I still had in me. I screamed in panic and fear as tears rolled down uncontrollably and blurred my vision. I knew that if I wiped the tears away, it would slow me down and that would be my expiration. More laughter.

He was coming.

Then I tripped.

I didn’t see the trashcan in the way. And I toppled over, knowing that it was always meant to be.

It was just inevitable.

Was just inevitable.

Just inevitable.

Inevitable.

Sobs of pitiful helplessness escaped me as I felt something lung into my back out through my stomach. I screamed in agony and cried as the pain came back over and over again.

He was here.

I don't really know what I was thinking. Yeah, I have NO idea...

thanks dude. appreciate the thought. 

Eliquencity PLATINUM, Winfield, Illinois
I like it. It's suspensful. Great use of repetition!