The Demon Disc Jockey | Teen Ink

The Demon Disc Jockey

October 11, 2011
By Juhcub PLATINUM, Congers, New York
Juhcub PLATINUM, Congers, New York
24 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”


The beat pulsed through the floor which rapidly changed colors, as it was in sync with the music. The lights impregnated the room with effulgent colors. It seemed as if the pigmentation of one’s skin had morphed into the present flashing color.

Hands were thrown into the air and to the beat set forth by the Disc Jockey. Bodies wormed through the dance floor, coming together and moving apart. From above, my perspective, it looked like a mosaic of people, constantly moving.

The music rung in my ears, and left a faint echo when I entered the bathroom. But once I exited the restroom, the echo disappeared and I was blasted with the beat. I felt a sense of relaxation come over me, and I felt chained to the dance floor as it pulled me in with its gravity. I let the strange feeling take me over, but it was momentarily interrupted with the sight of a neon sign that read “Possessed.” I took the sign to mean two things: One, that’s the name of the club. Two, the dance floor began to pull me in once more, and I felt as if I was being possessed. Call me crazy, but it’s true.

My feet skidded on the floor until I reached the stairs to descend onto the dance floor. I looked down at my feet to make sure the gravity of the dance floor wouldn’t result in a tumble down the stairs. I then realized that everyone around me was gravitating towards the dance floor, just as I was. I turned around to go back into the bathroom when the force became stronger and the feeling was no longer a tug, but a yank. I slid down the stairs, hitting my chin on every step, biting my tongue until I saw a trail of blood on the steps. I felt a release, allowing me to propel myself off of the ground and take a minute to realize what had just occurred.

“Dance!” Shouted the Disc Jockey, his voice resonating throughout the club. The beat increased and it pounded against the brick walls which I realized had no doors.

I felt my arms letting loose and my body began to move to the beat of the music. I couldn’t hear anything but the screaming of dancers and the music. Oh, the music.

“If you want more you better scream!” The music was cut off and everyone let out a screeching yelp, and the echoes of music no longer lingered in my ears.

The music resumed, even twice as loud as before. The people on the dance floor began to dance with a more intense fervor. People jumped into the air, so high that their feet were at my eye level. I couldn’t fight the urge anymore. My desires of leaving no longer inhabited my thoughts, and instead all I wanted to do was dance.

I shook it out of me and desperately tried to move off of the dance floor. I could hear chanting going on, and before I even blinked I was standing face to face with the disc jockey.

He looked so different up close than he did from far away. His skin was scaly and scarred, and his teeth were all small, yet sharp. His eyes were removed from the equipment placed in front of him, and focused on me.

“Why is it you want to leave?” His voice was deep, too deep for a human’s voice.

“I….don’t know.” I lost myself within his eyes.

“Good. Because you’re not allowed to leave.”

“And why is that?” The disc jockey focused on his equipment again, and my gaze had returned to normal.

“Dance!” he screamed once more and the crowd exploded with screaming and laughter. People were crawling on the floor and attacking each other. The room went black, but the music persisted. The strobe lights turned on and all motion was blurred. I viciously turned my head left and right, trying to make sense of what was going on around me. But when I could see someone’s face, it wasn’t a human face. It was a distorted face with no nose, jagged teeth, and omniscient eyes. And I certainly didn’t need light to see the burst of flames from all around me.

The beat became even heavier and I could feel myself being lifted off of the ground with each pound of the music. I fought the temptation to give in and just dance, but my confrontation with the disc jockey made me reevaluate my aspirations. What would be the harm in letting go? Just let go, and dance. I released myself from holding back and my body flung itself into all out catastrophe.

The beat increased, too heavy to be supported by the floor. I felt crack underneath my feet, but I was too absorbed into dancing that I didn’t even care.

“Have a nice time,” said the disc jockey. I was confused as to what he meant, but I couldn’t care less.

The floor suddenly gave way and the entire club crumbled until the feel into the ground. I looked below me and saw endless flames, bursting with passion and vengeance, vying for freedom. Everything came crashing down in an instant, and we could no longer dance the way we wanted to the music. Oh, the music.


It was a normal Saturday night, and Susan, a normal woman, was waiting for her friends to call her and invite her out for the evening. She anxiously glanced at her phone. A few minutes later, Susan’s phone rang.

“Hey Susan! What’s up?”

“Getting ready for tonight,” she said in a hurry. “Do you know where we’re going?”

“There’s this new club that opened right around the corner from me. I….think it’s called….Possession. Yeah, that’s it!”

“Possession?” Kind of a funny name, don’t you think?”

“Yeah but, who the heck knows where people get these names from. It’s not like we’re actually possessed. Calm down Susan.”












Little did she know….