Ghostly

There she is, staring at something on the bed. I want to cry, but the tears won't come. I yell for her, but she doesn't hear. My hand reaches instictivly to caress her face, her frecles pale under her untidy red hair.
She stirs at my touch, but I can tel that she feels only a breeze. My hand slips through her head, and I shake my head in confusion. What is going on? She's holding a worn photograph of two girls laughing on a summer day. I feel an odd connection to it, but it's fuzzy, like deja vu.
"Aly!" I yell her name over and over again as tears stream down her face, her smoth hand grappling at the thing under the sheets. "God, Aly! I'm here!" I shout and wave my arms but she doesn't see me. I can still remember her hands on my chest as I lay there on the kitchen floor, her agonized screams as she realized what had happened. I remember her fiercly pounding my back, trying to delay the inevitable.
I sob without tears, without feeling. I can't touch her. I'm gone, gone from this world. I stre under the sheet, and then flinch away. The body is my own, but not my own, the hair combed just so like Aly never would have wanted it.
I feel a pull toward it. I try to fight, but the air resists my efforts, and the coffin lid slams shut, offering me one more glance of Aly's horrified face.

Mystiecub said...
This is definately an interesting article...Loved it! :)

RyanTyler replied...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 9:56 am
Alot of emotion. I read one similar to this on fanficton, but I like yours better.