Disturbed | Teen Ink

Disturbed

By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell

I am disturbed. My name is Kyle Star. The reason I am disturbed is because I am very interested in breaking the rules in any way I can. You may think I am a daredevil. A daredevil, yes, a stuntman, no. I work at a small burger joint in a small town called Patoka Rock, in Nevada. A small town in which not many people live.
“Hi, my name is Kyle, how may I help you?”
“I would like a small Quad Cheesy, please.”
“That all for you sir?” I asked.
“Yep.”
“It’s $3.50, first window on your left.”

I quickly grabbed the burger and put a little of my own powder on it. Deadly stuff. The man was so hungry that as soon as I handed him the burger, he ate it. I turned and smiled evilly, and walked out front to watch the man die.

The man began convulsing in his tan sedan and he ran into a light pole. I panicked as I saw him get out of his car.
“Somebody call the cops, this man needs help!” I yelled.

The man fell to the ground and began to spit up blood and bits and pieces of brown meat. He was dead, and I was happy. However, the cops were on the way. Although, no one would be there to tell them I was the one that had killed the man. I had killed my co workers and boss too. Strung them up by their toes and placed hot burners on them until their skin melted. Then, I poured lemon juice and salt on their wounds to worsen the pain. I then shut them in a back room so they wouldn’t be heard.

I ran back inside the building and grabbed my bag and money from the register. Then, I made my way to the car and drove and drove until I reached Arizona. There, I began a new life under the name Cliff Bestrew.

Later that week, I watched on the news about the cops that had found my sick and twisted way of killing. I chuckled to myself that they wouldn’t catch me, couldn’t catch me. My disturbed way of life had started over. Now, I just need to find another burger joint to work at.