He Killed Me, I Killed Him, Were Even

By , mullins, SC
I ran as fast as I could; screaming out for help as I ran. Tears dripped off my chin and onto my shirt, but they seemed to dry quick as the wind hit my face as I ran. I kept on running, pushing out weeds and branches that came my way. Every now and then, I would look back to see if he was behind me. I came to a sudden stop, noticing he was nowhere to be found. I scanned across the land. He was nowhere.
I sighed in relief and wiped away the sweat and blood off my forehead. I placed a hand over the bruise on my head and sighed. It hurted like hell and the cut on my knee made it impossible to run. I let out another sigh and continued to walk. I heard the sound of water crashing and to my surprise, there was a lake. I smiled happily and began to run, not caring whether my knee was hurting or what.
I sat down next to a big rock and poured some water into my hands. I splashed the water on my face and smiled as I enjoyed the fresh cool water hit my skin. I took off one of my shoes, and dipped my foot into the water. I smiled at how cold and soothing the water felt against my skin. I looked down at my body, seeing how dirty and bruised up my body was. Maybe a little swim wouldn’t kill me.
I stood up, looking for any trace or sign from him. Maybe I lost him or maybe he got lost and decided to give up and come looking for me later on. With all of these thoughts running through my mind, I slowly took off my clothes. When I removed each piece of clothing, I would look back to see if somebody was watching. When I was completely nude, I gathered my clothes all in one pile against the big rock and ran over, jumping into the water.
I sank to the bottom, but kicked my legs as I swam back up to the surface. I gasped for air, and removed my dark brown hair out from my eyes. I looked around, in case someone was watching me. Luckily, no one was around. I sighed in relief with a smile and continued to swim around.
Moments later, I got out the water, cleaned as ever. I walked over to where the big rock was, where my clothes were supposed to be, but they weren’t there. I felt my heart skip a beat and fear spread across my face. I bit my lip, and crossed my arms over my chest, trying to cover up most of my chest. I scanned across the field for my clothes; nothing.
Just then, something white had caught my eye. I looked over and gasped. There hanging off a branch from the oak tree was my clothes. My heart began to pound faster in my chest. I took a couple steps forward, looking around for him. He was nowhere to be seen, but I knew he was out there. Out there watching me and just waiting to pick the perfect moment to strike me.
I quickly grabbed my clothes and slipped them on. I was going to make a quick run for it, but where was I to go? What if he had his little friends out here to and had them surrounding the whole Forest so that there was no way I could escape? And that’s when I decided to give up. What’s the use of running if you know you’re going to die?
“Alright Spike, I know you’re out there. Come out and kill me because I don’t care anymore!”, I cried. Five minutes past and nothing but the sound of laughter broke the silence. Just then, Spike came out from behind the big, dark oak trees. A smirk spread across his face and his dark eyes sparkled with evil and death.
“You’re a good girl Vanessa; a very good girl indeed. Too bad your body has to go to waste.”, he smirked.
I gulped, hoping this a**hoe wasn’t going to rape me, or worse…kill me.
“If you’re going to kill me then go ahead and just get it over with.”, I yelled, trying to hold back the tears.
Spike chuckled and shook his head. “I do want to kill you in a way, but having you around is something else. You might be further use to me after all.”
I rolled my eyes.
“And besides, if you came back with me now, no harm would come to you…yet.”. he smirked.
Anger grew inside of me as flashbacks of two years of getting beating played in my head; two years of hiding in fear and from the world. Just then, I remembered why I was here; the only one reason why I was here. Was it time for me to show who I really was? Was it time for Spike to know the truth?
My thoughts were interrupted as Spike inched a few steps closer to me. I smirked, deciding it was time. I placed on a fake smile and watched with fake interest as Spike started moving closer and closer towards me.
“Hmmm…you know Spike.”, I smirked, moving my hands to the back of his neck.
“Yeah…”, he moaned.
I smirked evilly, knowing that I now had in caught in my trap.
“I want to remember you, just like this.”, I smirked, running my fingers over his neck. I brushed the tip of my fingertips on the side were his artery vein was. According to my senses, I could feel the blood rushing through his veins.
“What do you mean?”, Spike cocked his eyebrow.
His breath tickled my face as I leaned in close, pressing my lips against his. The kiss was fatal, but yet it would be a kiss that I would remember.
Spike pulled away quickly after he finally realized what was going on, but I wouldn’t let him. I pulled him back with so much force and started kissing his lips more fierce this time. I ran my fingers through the back of his hair and started moving my lips down his chin and onto his neck, leaving not just kisses, but bite marks here and there.
“Get off me!”, Spike wailed.
I ignored Spike and continued kissing his collarbone. This time, I trailed my lips up to neck, making my way to where his artery vein was to be seen. I licked the spot and just then, before I could take my bite, Spike pushed me away with so much force, knocking me down on the ground.
“You stay the hell away from me you little b****!”
I growled as just then, I felt the environment around me change or maybe it was just my body curving more and my hair getting longer than it was and my eyes going back to their regular color, Violet.
Spike grew shocked and scared at the same time.
“Who-who the hell are you?”, Spike chocked out.
I smirked, getting up and looking down at my well defined body. I was back to my regular self. I was no longer in Vanessa’s human body. No more warm, tanned skin, no healthy growing hair, and no more of a beating heart; I was back to my immortal body.
“I have many names Spike, but one of them is not ‘B****’”, I smirked, running full speed over towards him within a second. Before he could react, I grabbed a hold of his neck in my arms and snapped it. I felt the bones break between my hands and within a couple seconds, Spike fell back on the ground, dead.
I starred emotionlessly down at the dead body that lied before me. I smirked, kneeling down beside it. I pulled the body up in my arms, starring at the neck. I cupped the neck in my hands, and leaned down, sinking my teeth into the skin. I took in much blood as I can and felt my strength and powers coming back to me. For two years, I have been suffering without blood. No vampire in history could have done that; or else they would have broken down into ash.
I pulled away after a couple of minutes and smiled. I stood up, dropping Spike’s lifeless body on the ground. I licked away the remains of blood from my mouth and chin and started to walk away. I walked over towards the lake, kneeling down and looking at my reflection in the water. I smiled at my reflection, seeing how pale and bright my eyes were now.
“Another job is complete.”, I muttered with a smirk. I stood up and began walking away.
Another job is complete, I kept thinking over and over in my head and just then, I started to wonder what my next task would be. Would it be easy or hard this time and how would the police explain the murder of Spike Trouce and the disappearance of Vanessa Jones?

JelloAngel92This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm:
yea. Crazy! Write more! let us know when you do!

XXxTakersGirlxXXThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 7:38 am :
Oh thank u and ummm thats it rly it was jus a short story lolz y do u rly think i should write more to this?

WritingAngel20 said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 11:32 am:

Whoa, that was pretty good

Apr. 4, 2011 at 7:39 am :
:D thank u!!

kittycatNeishaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:22 pm :
This is good write more