Born to Die

A friend asked me one day when I came to school with a thin red line across my throat "What the h*** did you do?"
I simply said "I wanted to see what would happen."
Silly girl.
If she had known me better, she would know that if I wanted to die, I already would have.
I would have slit my arm along the veins, tracing the tiny blue rivers through the pale white of my skin.
I would have picked up a gun I don't know how to use and run into the police station screaming my head off until they blew it off for me. Then they would look at my gun and realize that it was empty, and that they had just done me a favor.
Oh no, if I had wanted to die, I would have been dead ages ago. After all, I was born to die.
Aren't we all?

Icy96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 3:35 pm:
I apologize for the gibberish (").  For some reason, the program the TeenInk editors use or something turns a quotation mark into that gibberish. This happens in more than one of my articles. I just need to remember to use an apastrophe instead of a quote. Sorry, please try to read around that.

Icy96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 13, 2011 at 8:14 pm :
Nevermind then, apparently they fixed it.