the consicences of what we did ch.5 | Teen Ink

the consicences of what we did ch.5

By johnjohn123 SILVER, St.helens, Oregon
johnjohn123 SILVER, St.helens, Oregon

I woke with a start, hearing my cell phone ring.

I grabbed it from my bed stand and answered it. “Hello?” I could still hear the sleepiness in my voice.

“John, turn on your T.V. To the news!”

“Rose,” I say, looking at the wrist watch that I forgot to take off last night. “You realize it’s like five in the morning, right?” I said sarcastically.

“Then go on your computer and look, do something. John, you have to trust me, this is bad.” I could hear the urgency in her voice; so I decided to trust her.

“Ok, fine, but you owe me for this.” I say as I get out of my warm and safe bed, and walk over to my desk, “what channel,” I ask as I turn on my desk light and open up my laptop.

“Channel six.” I went to goggle and typed up channel six news, “Are you there?”

“All most,” I said as I clicked the site. “Oh, my God.” I whispered it, but I wanted to scream it. “What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know, s*** I’m getting another call, I think its Todd, sorry I have to go.”

“K,” and I hanged up the phone, still staring at the screen. I clicked the button of the screen that let you listen to the news cast.

“Two fishermen found him earlier yesterday morning in the water by the docks. An autopsy has declared that he probably fell off the dock drunk, and drowned not being able to swim. But they are still investigating what happened. We have yet to find out the name of the man.”

“How terrible Sarah. Now on brighter news we`re going to have a wonderful week ahead of us.” Said another news reporter. I excited the window, and just stared at the screen for a minute. How can they act as if nothing happened? How can they just go by day and day not caring about that guy, they`ll probable forget about him in a week. I thought to myself.

“I should call Bree,” I whispered to myself. I made a grabbed for my phone, but before I could pick it up, it stared to ring.

”John, he wasn’t dead, we pushed him in the water the guy wasn’t dead! He drowned because of us!”

“Bree I know, just calm down, everything will be all right.” Even I could hear I was lying.

“Clam Down, how can you tell me to calm down?” She was half crying, half yelling,” How can you tell me that? John our fingerprints are on him! What if they look for fingerprints? We could- john.”

“Oh, my God…… I never thought of that.”

“John, what are we going to do?” I took a deep breath and thought for a second.

“I don’t know, but lets get everybody together.”

so this is part of my chapter book of "The man we killed" but know i changed it to the consicences of what we did.