Generation Misk | Teen Ink

Generation Misk

September 20, 2010
By KellerFalls BRONZE, Stocjbridge, Georgia
KellerFalls BRONZE, Stocjbridge, Georgia
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is a runway..so work it!! - Kellie Gordon


I woke up early this morning for some odd reason. I walked with a small limp since my ankle was twisted from the drunken night I had before. I glanced out the window to see a man lying on the grass crying hysterically. His cry annoyed me to the point I had no choice but to go to him. I staggered down the creaking stairs case as if I were blind, to the front door. I cracked it slightly so that my lips and the tip of my nose was all that the sun could shine on. "SHUT UP...and GO HOME!" As I closed the door, he shouted, "It's all my fault." I was curious to know what he was crying about, so I walked out into the blistering heat to his aid. His face was brown with strong facial features that clearly expressed his agony. I asked what happen to him but I got no answer but, "It's all my fault." He moaned and moaned and repeated the same thing over again. I searched his body with my eyes and found military patches on his jacket. Maybe he was in the army or navy? His eyes closed and he lies still. I shook his arm vigorously. He stared me deep in my eyes so that all I could see was his soul. He whispered slightly, "It was my fault, I should have saved her." A lone tear rest on his bottom eyelash and dramatically feel to his shadowed cheek. His lips were perfectly preserved; simply begging for moisture. I hopped on my right foot into the house for a small glass of liquor and back out only to see that the live corpse had vanished off of the patchy grass. Maybe he was a ghost? Maybe he was real? Maybe I am still a little buzzed? Maybe he has post dramatic stress disorder from something that happened to him during war? Maybe his wife was killed in the war? Who knows? I walked slowly back into the empty house, were the closing of the door echoed through every room. I sat at the kitchen table with a bottle of Scotch and the lonely glass I poured for the sickened man. I drunk it in one gulp and finished the rest of the bottle. Questions raced in my whirling mind and I felt myself drift away as my eyelids acted as curtains to a closing show.