Dear Diary ,My Grandma Was Buried Alive

This is a diary entry from a little girl whose great grandma died. Her great grandpa suffered a lot. They were really in love. This is a diary entry from the years of 1990. The little girl is still alive. She has 2 wonderful children. She mentioned she will never forget this moment.

Date Entry: August 3, 1990

Dear Diary,
My great grandpa is suffering a lot. The doctors are trying to calm him down. My great grandma died just yesterday. My great-great grandmother, who had been ill for some time now, passed away. My great-great grandfather was devastated beyond belief. She was his one true love and they had been married for over 50 years. They had been married so long it was if they knew each others thoughts. Even after the doctor announced her dead, my great-great grandfather still insisted that she was not. He had to literally be pried away from his wife's body so they could prepare her for a burial. Back in those days they had simple backyard burial plots, without the body doing through any preservation. The body was simply committed to the coffin and buried. Throughout this process, my great-great grandfather protested so much that he had to be sedated and put to bed. His wife was buried, and that was that. That night, he woke to a horrific vision of his wide hysterically trying to scratch her way out of the coffin. He phoned the doctor immediately and begged to have his wife's body taken out. The doctor refused. He continued to have this nightmare every night that week, and each day after begged the doctor to remove his wife from the grave. Finally, the doctor gave in, and with the local authorities had the coffin removed from the ground and pried open. To everyone's horror and amazement, my great grandmother’s nails were bent back, and there were obvious scratches on the inside of the coffin. This has been a miracle. Thank –You God!!!

Love,

Emily Elijah

-Emie- said...
This is my worst nightmare. Very well written. I like it.

thaliaisset@teenink.com said...

thank you very much. Ihad writers block so I ahd to end it like that But im glad you like it 

xcrayolaxstormx said...
This is cool, but creepy. I like it.