Waking Up | Teen Ink

Waking Up

By silver SILVER, Fonda, New York
silver SILVER, Fonda, New York

reading takes you places you would never dream of so keep dreaming...

“Hey easy.” I said, my tone deadly sweet. “No one’s gonna hurt you anymore.”
“You’re one of them blood suckers aren’t you?” he asked without turning around. He was on a boulder looking across the lake and I was a few yards back in the woods looking at his back. It was midnight hour and the moon was hidden by the clouds, but still mange-aged to cast its light across the lake and around.
“Yes I am one of them.”
“Those leeches killed my friend. They had us tied so we couldn’t move and they killed him. One of them . . . got me and I escaped and they didn’t bother to come after me.” He swallowed, “I know why.”
Erin had his eyes closed, his chin resting on his knees and his arms hugging his knees to keep his self together, to try and ignore the throbbing pain, slowly building in his neck, on the right side. I took a few steps forward and inhaled. Yes, defiantly venom. Of course newborns wouldn’t care; they normally think that eventually that their escaped prey will become them.
“I can help.”
“Look Chance can’t you just Ahh . . . let me suffer in peace?” he flinched and I saw it, “I never wanted to be prey.”
“Erin no one wants to be prey. I can’t help it, I was born into it. I help humans do you understand that? I can get that venom out if you let me.”
“Uhh I don’t think so. How can I trust you?”
“I’ve done it a lot.” I amitided.
“So you’re like a no-meat blood sucker?”
“Huh yeah, you could say it that way.”
He shook his head and laughed bitterly. “I’m not human exactly either.”
I frowned. “What?”
He sighed.”Come up here.”
I jumped up and was on a branch, a few feet away from him.
“Remember when I was out of school for like a month for a car accident?”
“Yeah.”
“Well the doctor, Dr. Roe was staring at me horrified when I woke up. He had his hand over his mouth and kept telling me that he was so sorry. The first question out of my mouth was if he had turned me into a vampire.” He laughed. “Of all of the stupid questions to ask.”
“Go on.” I said quietly.
“Well, he said he wished he had but, it was something worse . . .” He closed his eyes again, took a breath and sighed. “He said that he had turned me into a werewolf.”
“Oh god Erin.” I felt really bad for him, but then I remembered something else to and I smiled. “Erin.”
“What?”
“What would you say if I told you that that venom in your bloodstream wasn’t going to do anything?”
“Well to tell you the truth I don’t know really.” He clasped his hands together and looked out over the lake, thinking.
Now was my cue and I quickly flashed silver.
+I’m something more than just a vampire Erin+ I pushed my thought voice into his mind, knowing he could hear it.
“What?”
+Turn around Erin+
He did and was shocked; he almost fell into the lake but, quickly caught himself. I stepped carefully on the boulder next to his and stood there.
“Oh my god!”
I bowed my head. +Yeah Erin It’s me+
“Damn, where did you get that from?”
+Its always been in my genes apparently+
“Ouch.” He said. “That’s got to be tough.”
+Yeah+ I thought and threw my head back and howled the other wolves would know I was ready now.
+It can be fun sometimes though+
“I haven’t really tried it except for a couple of times, but both times sit was out of my control. I was able to quickly change back the second time but the first I had a hell of a time with, not to mention I’m part of hell anyway.”
+Yeah I guess me to but, I have been a part of hell longer than you have+
He laughed. “Yeah I guess so.”
I carefully reached my mind to his instincts and tapped them gently. His immediate response was to pull back mentally and physically. The wolf inside him had other ides however and was glad that there was another wolf inside this kid with him. What the wolf did next however, I didn’t see coming and I was horrified. The wolf latched onto my instincts and tried to get inside me as well. I whined and pulled back both ways. I closed my mind off and the wolf snapped back in place. Then I opened my eyes and sweat was pouring down Erin’s face. I saw and could feel his pain. Then the sweat disappeared and his instincts were surfacing. Then I saw black cover his instincts in my head and red flashed faster across the black each time, he was fighting it and the sweat reappeared.
+Don’t fight it. Let it take you+
“Chance why are you doing this to me? I don’t want it.” His breathing was ragged and he was on his knees.
+Relax+
“I don’t want it!” he hissed and an explosion of black covered the red. The red came faster like lightning and took the black with it. He went on all fours and his heart was pounding, his hands tight fists.
“Let me go. Please let me go.” Tears were pouring down his face.
“It would make it easier if you cooperated + I thought gently.
“How?” He asked. “How would this make it any easier?”
+It wasn’t easy for me and that’s only a fourth of what I felt+
“There was more?”
+Yes+
His eyes were turning pitch black and his mind was becoming a part of mine and the pack, and Ace, waiting in the woods.
+Relax+ My thoughts were seductive, pulling him to let go.
“Don’t.” He whispered before his eyes closed without him telling himself to.
His instincts took over fully and the black disappeared and reddish gold filled my mind. Erin was lost in a sea of numb darkness with only a quiet throbbing pain in the background. Outside, Erin’s body was lost in a bright reddish gold light, a true werewolf’s magic. The other wolves and I surrounded Erin’s lost, lifeless body and we howled song-lessly to bring out and accept the wolf in Erin. In Erin’s head, in the darkness however, he heard cracking, the wolf’s body becoming his and his human body lost and slowly fading. It felt like forever in his mind but, really only nine minutes, nine long minutes. Erin knew when it was over because his darkness turned pure white and a pitch black wolf walked into his head. Then, a pitch black wolf with a silver face looked at him and whispered; this is you, and rushed at him with gold wind and there was static all over his skin. His spirit rushed back into his body and he was breathing out of new lungs.
The red light faded for us and laying on the rock was a wolf, blacker than Brec and had a sliver face in place of Erin. Then, after a couple of minutes the wolf lifted his head, stood up, looked down and sighed.
Hey guys
I still had a picture of his magic in my head and his mind wandered over to mine.
So that’s my magic
+Yeah+
Great and yours is silver?
+Yeah it’s . . . +
#You can see that? # Ace shook his head. #Skye we’ve got one more#
Great Skye wasn’t thrilled and Erin tried to dig in his mind. Lets not shall we?
Fine, uh Ace one more what?
+One more majik seer+ I answered.
Welcome to the pack werewolf Skye thought formally.
Yeah thanks He thought and wasn’t very pleased with what had happened to him.

this is another piece from my evergrowing pile of notebooks from my stories on these characters

TheDarkWrite said...
This was very interesting. Just a tad confusing, but that's what allures the mind ;)

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was great, very interesting and well written, wonderful plot line.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

Sliva23 BRONZE said...
Sliva23 BRONZE, Melbourne, Other

Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.

That was really really good....please write more!!! :)

emoVamp247 BRONZE, Port Saint Lucie, Florida
cool i love it