Potion Room l | Teen Ink

Potion Room l

March 31, 2010
By Dayani BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
Dayani BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
2 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you cant trust a homie, you cant trust no one.....
If you try and dont success try again and if you still dont succeed maybe you aren't trying hard enough
Its hard work that gets you stuff but its inspiration that pushes you


Mindy and Miriam had been lost in the enormous, dark castle. As eerie has it sounded it was a pretty cool thing -the castle.

Mindy had called it, “Field trip gone wrong.”

Their whole class was there to study a little more about Irish Folklore. The two girls were on the third story floor, they just didn’t know where everyone else was. Miriam and Mindy walked around until they stumbled upon the Potion Room.

“Hey, Mindy come over here.” Miriam uttered poking her head through the opening of the door.

“Don’t you think that we should look for the others?” it was meant more as a demand than a question.

“Nah, the teacher won’t leave without us.” Miriam kind of laughed at this, recalling the obnoxious roll calls at the end of the field trips.

So slowly, very tedious Miriam opened the rest of the squeaky wooden door. On it, it read;
Do Not Enter. PR Ahead.

Mindy read the sign and wonder what it meant but in an instant different color lights shone, as the room was opened. There, inside, were high walls, full of capsules and clear glass bottles, full of rainbow color liquids.

“It’s beautiful.” breathed out Mindy.

The two girls prudently treaded into the Potion Room.
All of a sudden, the door behind them was slammed shut. Both of them rapidly spun, but didn’t see anything behind them. When they turned back a person, a girl, wearing a cloak stood at the other wall leaning and looking at her nails casually.

“Don’t tell me you can’t read.” she spoke.

Miriam and Mindy started to head toward the entrance. To their dismay, it was locked from the outside.

“Whatever, let us out of here!” Miriam shouted.

The girl rubbed her temples getting annoyed at Miriam’s high voice. Then she unfastened her cloak to reveal a blood red velvet inside. There hanging from a slit were two small, thick knifes. The girl aimed them in the direction toward Miriam and threw them without much force. The lower knife stabbed itself on a lower shelf, on the concrete wall. The knife closer to Miriam managed to touch her face. A thin line made a couple of blood drops trickled from her right cheek. Mindy remained frozen in shock.

“Ouch, but ha! You missed!” declared Miriam triumphant.

“No I didn’t.”

Just then, the girl ran toward the first low knife and jumped on it. Doing a complete back flip she landed on the other one as both Miriam and Mindy stared in amazement. A little before she landed, the girl pulled out a longer blade and shanked it into the top of Mindy’s cranium. Wide-eyed Mindy toppled to the floor. The girl did another flip and grasped Miriam’s neck, squeezing harder and harder. Killing each and every of her breathes. Blood commenced to dribble out of Miriam’s mouth. Wanting to see the face of her murderer Miriam found her hand on the girl’s hood and yanked it off.

“You?” Miriam’s squeal full of disbelief.

“Yup, it’s me.”



***


The author's comments:
This is part one of another Potion hope you enjoy and future apologies for the bit of violence. :)