Insane

This bed- the frame, the mattress, all of it- used to be so important to the Watchers. No one of the "Family", as the Watchers liked to call them, wanted to spend the night on that bed. Blood and sweat stained the mattress. You weren't allowed a pillow, which you then realized you had taken for granted you would always have one. The nasty mattress had holes with tufts of stuffing pulled out where one of the Family kept there had fingered it enough with her jagged nails. Of course, the fears of the bed only became real and tangible when the Watchers tugged tight the rough straps that held down your arms... and then your legs. If you weren't scared enough to stop struggling even then, you would be strapped at the waist. They say the bed's for the Family members who act up the worst. But we all discovered that even a small episode would put you into the bed. They would use any excuse.
So why is such an important piece of our lives sitting out here, being consumed by vines and the mattress rotting away? When the Insane Asylum closed, it was no longer needed.
Now it's the one being tied down.

vampiresrock said...
Nov. 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

Wow..not bad. very nice

vakthoth said...
Pretty cool!  I was surprised when it actually made me a little afraid, the part where it talks about strapping the "Family members" down.  It would be funny if the Watchers were called Friends.  Would make some sense, I think.  And you could title it "Friends and Family." :p