The Ghost of Pine Hill (Bit) | Teen Ink

The Ghost of Pine Hill (Bit)

By Authorgal98 GOLD, Frankort, Illinois
Authorgal98 GOLD, Frankort, Illinois

"Let your mind sart a journey through a strange new world..."

“We need to find your mother. I doubt she left,” John’s eyes fell on our captive as his hand turned the door knob. “Actually, you two go.”
“Alone?” I asked. I saw a bunch of creeps running around earlier.
“Yeah, you heard the man. Let’s go!” She shoved me out of the door after grabbing sunglasses, a beach bag, and huge hats. Melisa threw on a cover up and I put on a different tee-shirt. We went to a (pirate themed) mini golf course. Nothing. Same thing with the pier, the candy shop, and the dock. We found another pirate ship there but…
“Where is that blasted woman?” Melissa moaned, melodramatically grabbing her head. If we didn’t find her soon, would we be safe? My mom could probably send out henchman or something.
I verbalized my thoughts for Melissa. She raced ahead, dragging me along. Wow, pressure got to her.
“Shut up,” She hissed as I asked her what she was doing. She discretely pointed to a woman with thick sunglasses and a huge, floppy sun hat.
“Terrible disguise,” Melissa muttered.
We followed her at a significant distance. She walked into a hotel, the Hilton. We posed as her kids when the manager looked. Then, we fell behind. We went into the elevator with her. Our costumes worked. Once the door closed, Melissa nudged me. Both of us ripped off our hats and glasses.
My mom went into panic. She crouched down in the corner, screaming for us not to hurt her. “We don’t want to hurt you,” I said softly. “Just come with us.”
“If you don’t, then I get to hurt you,” Melissa leered. She pulled out her knife from her beach bag. You know what; I don’t even want to know how she got that past security at the airport. Twice.
We took the elevator back down and I put my arm around her. It looked friendly enough, but (really) it was so she wouldn’t bolt.

This is a section from one of my novels. They cuaght Kevin's dad, now they just need to get his mom. (Any questions why, ask in comments)

LeonorEmmalyn, Arroyo Hondo, New Mexico

"I hold with those who favor fire."
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

I like it! I'm interested to see more!!

Authorgal98 GOLD, Frankort, Illinois

Thanks, I will! This was my third novel, I just finished editting my fifth this moring.

taylorf463 GOLD, Marion, Kentucky

If he'll lie for you, he'll lie to you.

An ending was an ending. No matter how many pages of sentences and paragraphs of great stories let up to it, it would always had the last word.

This is really great! It seems like it's in the present and something very modern. I would love to read more! :)

_NoAir_ BRONZE said...
_NoAir_ BRONZE, Toronto, Other

There are as many ways to live as there are people in this world. Each one deserves a closer look.

–Golly (Harriet The Spy)

I really, really love this one! It's amazing! It's stupendous! It's magnificent! *Collapses to the floor* It's too amazing!

*Struggles for air to breath in with amazement* Haha! Sorry, I kind of got carried away, but very nice job on the description and reality touch.