Hilary's Body Part 4 Conclusion | Teen Ink

Hilary's Body Part 4 Conclusion

By reginalove SILVER, Lorain, Ohio
reginalove SILVER, Lorain, Ohio

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

I walked up the drive with Dylan at my side. I think that I knew deep inside why they were here. They wanted to question me about Hilary. Well, they were wasting their time. I couldn’t remember anything from yesterday. I was suddenly frightened, frightened about what I might learn about Hilary’s death.
It bothered me that I couldn’t remember what the fight we had yesterday was about. What if the police found out about it? Then would I be a suspect? I walked inside.
The police interrogated me about my whereabouts yesterday and my relationship with Hilary. I answered them to the best of my ability. The officers where very stern-looking and it was hard to read their never-changing expressions. When they were done I asked, “You don’t think that I killed her do you?”
One officer, a woman answered with an apologetic look, “Honey, you seem like a very nice girl. I hope we find your friend’s murderer.” Then they left.
I went straight up to my room after that, lost in thought. She didn’t answer my question.
I started to ponder on the idea that Dylan killed her. It was possible, even if it hurt. I saw that body. What if Dylan saw it too and hid it? He could’ve lied about how long I was knocked out. He probably knocked me out himself. But that made no sense at all. My thoughts were a big mess.
I sighed and lay my head down on my desk. I fell asleep and dreamed about Hilary.
We were at the swim club. She was on one side of the pool and I was on the other side. She was screaming at me, but I couldn’t make out her words. She started walking towards me until she was right in front of me.
“You,” she said pointing one bloody finger at me. “You killed me. You killed me.”
“No, I didn’t! I didn’t kill you. Some cruel, evil person did! Not me!” I said.
“You killed me! Yes you did! I was your best friend. But best friends don’t kill their best friends!” She started screaming again.
“Shut up! I didn’t kill you! Why are you saying I did? Why would I kill you?” I lost it. I started screaming back.
She said one word next. Five letters. Five letters that made it all clear to me.
“Dylan.”
She pushed me into the pool. The deep end. I never learned how to swim that well. Dylan didn’t teach me very well.
The water came over my head. I didn’t close my mouth. I swallowed big gulps of water. My arms flailed wildly in the water. I tried to kick my way up but something was holding me down. I looked down to see what it was. Hilary’s body.
“Bre wake up! Wake up!” a voice woke me up out of that terrible dream. I opened my eyes to see the person I wanted to see. Dylan.
It came back to me. All that happened.
“Dylan,” I said. I stood up.
“Your mom just left. She told me to come up here. You were screaming. I woke you up.” Dylan said hesitantly.
“What was I screaming?”
“I didn’t kill you,” he said quietly.
“Oh,” I said. “Dylan, do you know what Hilary and I fought about yesterday?” I asked. He shook his head.
“It was about you. You see, I love you Dylan. I really do.” I said taking a step towards him.
“I love you too, Bre. But I don’t see what you’re getting at.” Dylan looked nervous.
I put my arms around him. “But don’t you see? Hilary loved you too. And we can’t have that could we? Because only I can love you.” I said. Now Dylan looked downright terrified. I giggled in spite of myself. “What’s the matter Dylan? Are you scared?”
He shook his head.
“Good, because I can’t have you scared. You see, Hilary wanted you all to herself. But you were mine and I couldn’t have her get in the way of us. So I had to get rid of her. You understand that don’t you?” I traced his lips with my finger. I forced him to nod. His eyes were wide with fright. “Don’t be afraid. I won’t hurt you.”
He pushed my hands away. “What did you do to her?”
“Me? Well I took care of her Dylan. For us. Now we don’t have to worry about anything. After our argument I told her to meet me at the park last night so I could talk to her. Little knowing what I had planned for her, she met me there. And I killed her.” I shrugged.
“It was easy. I think she went into shock after I pulled out the hammer. I had a towel; I didn’t want it to get too messy. I sent it straight into her forehead. She was out with one blow. No more Dylan for her.”
Dylan looked disgusted. “Then what did you do?”
“I put her inside my car and dropped her off on the side in that ditch. I wanted her to be found by morning today. Didn’t want a long search. I owe her that much. Her parents did nothing wrong.”
“You didn’t think you’d get caught?” Dylan asked, his voice shaking.
I shrugged. “Nope. I got rid of all the evidence. I was pretty clean Dylan. After I killed her, I went swimming with you. I love you and this way we could be together forever.” I put my arms around him.
He pushed me off. “The thing is Bre, I did love you. I would’ve chosen you anyways. I didn’t love Hilary like I loved you. She wasn’t a problem.”
I was surprised. “She wasn’t? You loved me?” I could feel myself breaking. I felt a tear slip down my face.
“I did love you. But not anymore.”
“What!” I screamed. “I did all of this for you! You have to love me!”
Dylan shook his head. “You did this.” He turned to leave.
I pulled the knife out of my desk. I stabbed him in the back. He barely made a sound. I watched him breathe his last breath.
“If I can’t have you, no one will.” I left the knife in his back and let him roll to the floor. I bent over his body. I kissed his lips, a bitter tear slid down.
“I love you Dylan. Love makes you do crazy things.”

Here's the conclusion to Hilary's Body.I hope people will get that love makes people do crazy things from this story.I hope you enjoy it!