It Was November 13th...

Lydia hit the snooze button and smiled. It was November 13th, and she had a date with Mike.
Lydia got up and quickly readied herself for school. She brushed her hair into a pony-tail and practically flew down the steps.
"Hey Mom." Lydia said before grabbing a banana from the fruit basket. Her mom didn't say anything, she just sipped her coffee slowly.
"Um... OK." Lydia murmured as she peeled her banana. After spending a few minutes trying to figure out why her mom was mad, she gave up.
"I'll see you after school." She said. Again her mom said nothing. Lydia sighed and grabbed her bag. Without another word to her mother, she left.
At the door, Lydia felt a feeling of déjà vu. She shook it off and started walking to school.
When Lydia walked in the door she saw a group of her friends. She almost skipped over, glowing like the sun.
"Oh my God guys!" No one said anything, they went on talking without her. "What is going on? Am I invisible today?" Again nothing. Lydia turned to her best friend Ashley.
"Ash!" She yelled, waving her hand in front of Ashley's face. "Ashley!"
Ashley turned and gasped. She screamed. Lydia turned just in time to see Mike, his fathers shot gun, and a silver streak headed for her.

Lydia hit the snooze button and smiled. It was November 13th, and she had a date with Mike

wishing4thebest2day said...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 8:28 am
I was good... but there could have been more story to it. When you finished it off, it didn't quite feel finished. Nice plot.