Christina's Hill | Teen Ink

Christina's Hill

October 23, 2009
By Diva-Akunnaya BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Diva-Akunnaya BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."





















-Langston Hughes


In the mountains of Elmwood there was a newlywed couple by the names of Christina and Steven Gilmore. They were moving into their new cottage, that was overlooking the hillside. They were best friends ever since they were little kids, and as they grew older they began to fall in love with each other. They knew that they would be together for the rest of their lives. That is until a small argument went too far.

It was October 31, 1982. Christina and Steven had been newlyweds for 3 months and they were already having marital problems. Neither one of them trusted each other 100% of the time. On that day while Steven was home, he saw that Christina had left her cell phone by accident. He was curious about who was in contact with his wife. So he opened her cell phone while she was at work and went to the calling log. There he saw a phone number, with the caller I.D. of Mike. Who was Mike he asked himself. Was he Christina’s secret boyfriend?

It was 6:45, and Christina was getting in the door from work. As soon as she got in Steven confronted her about the phone number. “Who in the world is Mike,” Steven asked her.

Christina said quietly, “You went through my phone? I can’t believe you. No wonder we can’t trust each other.”

“That is not what I asked you. Now who in the hell is this Mike guy,” Steven screamed.

“I don’t have to stand here listening to this,” Christina said to Steven. Christina quickly stormed out the door, and Steven was chasing right behind her. As Steven was chasing Christina, he finally caught up with her. They were standing on the side of the mountain together. “You know what? I am sick and tired of you Steven,” said Christina.

Steven quickly grabbed Christina’s arm, and would not let go. “You are not leaving me,” he said.

As Steven was grabbing Christina’s arm, she tried to break free. Right as she pulled away from Steven she fell off the side of the mountain to her death. Steven couldn’t believe what had happened. He had caused his wife’s death. For years he would blame himself.


To this very day, people call that hill Christina’s Hill. Some people say that every single Halloween, Christina returns, to haunt anyone that dares to walk her hill.
On October 31, 1991, someone by the name of Julia Stanford made that very mistake and walked Christina’s Hill. Luckily police were able to find Julia, but since that exact day she has not been the same. One strange thing that Julia always does is every single day she walks to Christina’s Hill and stands there for several minutes. She also makes sure that no matter where she goes she has her cell, as if she is waiting for someone to call her. And every single Halloween Julia disappears at night.
One Halloween Julia’s husband found her standing at Christina’s Hill humming a strange tone. Some people believe that Julia is really Christina, walking the earth eternally, trying to find her husband Steven for revenge.

The author's comments:
This assignment was given to me in Language class, by my teacher, Mrs. Schripsema. She wanted our class to write individual scary stories, for Halloween. When I heard this, I knew I had to make my piece suspenseful, and have plenty of thrilling moments. And I think I have accomplished that goal very well. I hope you emjoy my story.