Christina's Hill | Teen Ink

Christina's Hill

By Diva-Akunnaya BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Diva-Akunnaya BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."

-Langston Hughes

In the mountains of Elmwood there was a newlywed couple by the names of Christina and Steven Gilmore. They were moving into their new cottage, that was overlooking the hillside. They were best friends ever since they were little kids, and as they grew older they began to fall in love with each other. They knew that they would be together for the rest of their lives. That is until a small argument went too far.

It was October 31, 1982. Christina and Steven had been newlyweds for 3 months and they were already having marital problems. Neither one of them trusted each other 100% of the time. On that day while Steven was home, he saw that Christina had left her cell phone by accident. He was curious about who was in contact with his wife. So he opened her cell phone while she was at work and went to the calling log. There he saw a phone number, with the caller I.D. of Mike. Who was Mike he asked himself. Was he Christina’s secret boyfriend?

It was 6:45, and Christina was getting in the door from work. As soon as she got in Steven confronted her about the phone number. “Who in the world is Mike,” Steven asked her.

Christina said quietly, “You went through my phone? I can’t believe you. No wonder we can’t trust each other.”

“That is not what I asked you. Now who in the hell is this Mike guy,” Steven screamed.

“I don’t have to stand here listening to this,” Christina said to Steven. Christina quickly stormed out the door, and Steven was chasing right behind her. As Steven was chasing Christina, he finally caught up with her. They were standing on the side of the mountain together. “You know what? I am sick and tired of you Steven,” said Christina.

Steven quickly grabbed Christina’s arm, and would not let go. “You are not leaving me,” he said.

As Steven was grabbing Christina’s arm, she tried to break free. Right as she pulled away from Steven she fell off the side of the mountain to her death. Steven couldn’t believe what had happened. He had caused his wife’s death. For years he would blame himself.

To this very day, people call that hill Christina’s Hill. Some people say that every single Halloween, Christina returns, to haunt anyone that dares to walk her hill.
On October 31, 1991, someone by the name of Julia Stanford made that very mistake and walked Christina’s Hill. Luckily police were able to find Julia, but since that exact day she has not been the same. One strange thing that Julia always does is every single day she walks to Christina’s Hill and stands there for several minutes. She also makes sure that no matter where she goes she has her cell, as if she is waiting for someone to call her. And every single Halloween Julia disappears at night.
One Halloween Julia’s husband found her standing at Christina’s Hill humming a strange tone. Some people believe that Julia is really Christina, walking the earth eternally, trying to find her husband Steven for revenge.

This assignment was given to me in Language class, by my teacher, Mrs. Schripsema. She wanted our class to write individual scary stories, for Halloween. When I heard this, I knew I had to make my piece suspenseful, and have plenty of thrilling moments. And I think I have accomplished that goal very well. I hope you emjoy my story.

on Aug. 5 2010 at 12:35 pm

-Langston Hughes

thank you so much  for your support! i will be coming out with a new piece soon. please stay in touch!

on Jun. 25 2010 at 12:11 pm

-Langston Hughes

good to hear from u again. comin out with a new piece soon. will keep u up 2 date=D

on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:58 am

-Langston Hughes

Hi it's me Akunnaya the author of Christina Hill. I am so glad that so many of you have read my piece and have enjoyed it. For those of you that are waiting for more of my work, I have a new piece coming out soon. Its called "Ricky". It's a poem about something that has happened to a family member of mines. I hope you enjoy it. And don't worry I will be publishing more pieces soon:)

on Jan. 4 2010 at 9:11 pm
Hey, i have read almost every article on Teenink .com , and i have to say, this is one of the best stories i have read so far. To the writter of Christina's Hill, I want to say greaat job in making this piece.U have a bright future in writting. I am looking foward to reading more of your work. And to the owners of Teenink .com , you NEED to put this article in your magazine. Help promote this incredible author! And if her story is in your magazine, I am sure that people would buy it, cause i know me and all of my friends will. So two thumbs up to this amazing author! Great Job:)

katlyin said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 11:36 am
Hey it's me katlyin again. I wanted to say sorry to Paulina and brian. i mis-read your comment and took it the wrong way. But I still want to say that Akunnaya is a talented writter. Can't wait to see more of your work:)

Katlyin said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 11:32 am
Hey, this article is AWSOME and it ROCKS! so for you paulina, and you brian to tell people to stop saying it, is wrong!!!! Other people that read my comment feel free to say what ever you want. And paulina and brian if you have nothing nice to say don't post a comment, and don't get in the way of this talented youug author. Akunnaya keep doing what you are doing. you are a great writter, I am looking foward to read more of your work. Oh, and your name is cool:)

Brian said...
on Dec. 15 2009 at 5:32 pm
I agree with Paulina, those words are annoying, but you have an incredible gift, this article was well written.

Paulina said...
on Dec. 15 2009 at 5:30 pm
People stop saying you rock it's a nnoying, and so is awsome, but this article is very well written.

on Dec. 15 2009 at 11:27 am
Awsome article. Are you a proffesional writter, because this article seems like it. You Rock!!!!!!!!!

Justin -JJ said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 11:30 am
Great article. You are a great writter!!!

Peter said...
on Dec. 13 2009 at 5:51 pm
Great Story, one of my friends told me to read it I'm glad I did. Keep writting.

Dannu said...
on Dec. 13 2009 at 5:49 pm
Great article can't wait to see more from you, but hurry.

Dedra said...
on Dec. 13 2009 at 5:48 pm
This article is fabulous just like Ageless said, more people need to read this. Seriously, can't wait to see more of your work.

Ageless BRONZE said...
on Dec. 13 2009 at 5:46 pm
Ageless BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
This article is fabulous

on Dec. 10 2009 at 11:56 am
Awsome article. You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisy chris said...
on Dec. 10 2009 at 11:25 am
Woooooo! You sure can write. Great article. Please publish more articles so i can read them. I think you're my favorite new author. Awsome article. Can't wait to see what other amazing articles you write in the future:)

on Dec. 9 2009 at 11:40 am
OMG! I love you article

Girl Girl said...
on Dec. 9 2009 at 11:31 am
Girl for real I have never read such an amazing article in my life. Especially from such a young author. You Rock :)

on Dec. 9 2009 at 11:24 am
For real, you are a great writter. If my dad was a publisher, your article would be in his magzine in a mimute. Great job!

CJ The Best said...
on Dec. 9 2009 at 11:22 am
OMG! You are an unbeleiveable writter. And I thought your piece was Phonomenial! Great Work.