The Canyon | Teen Ink

The Canyon

October 3, 2009
By Mocahking SILVER, Wesminister, Maryland
Mocahking SILVER, Wesminister, Maryland
6 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
I've got 100 steps to go, tonight I'll make it 99- Superchick
I love music, can't imagine bein here without it, so turn it up, let yo neighbors all hear about it!- TFK
I have trouble placing my vision within the bounds of reality- ME!!!! :)


In the Canyon of the Night, the souls of those who traveled there are not where they should be. Left in the abyss of The Black Dog stomach. This story is a warning to those that try to come. The old wooden gate That led to the Canyon said, “DO NOT ENTER”.” Ha, like that’s going to stop me?’ thought Derek as he climbed over the fence. There was a rugged trail behind it, and it looked like it hadn’t been used for ages. Derek was silent as he walked down the trail. It was after dark, but that didn’t scare him. Only little kids are afraid of the dark. Some kid at school was going to give him20 whole dollars! Just for going down a stupid Canyon! “What was that!?!” Derek spun around. Nothing. He walked on. 5 minutes later the same thing happened. “Only little kids are afraid of the dark, only little kids are afraid of the dark.” Derek said aloud. It started getting misty. Beep! The sound made Derek jump. It Was12:00 a.m.. Aroooooo! A howl echoed through the darkness. Derek tripped over something. It was limp. A limp paw. Derek looked at the rest of it. It was the boy who was going to give him the money, dressed as a giant dog. There was a huge bloody gash where his heart would have been. The sound of breathing filled Derek’s ears, his heart was racing. “I’ve got to get out of here.” Derek whispered to himself. He closed his eyes Tried to regain himself, and ran He ran and ran until he felt it. The feeling of that you get when you are lost in the woods, and will never get out. He had come to a dead end. There was a growl, then a slash. The last thing Derek saw was a colossal dog with eyes of fire, and blood on its claws & teeth. The Black Dog let out a blood-curdling howl.

The author's comments:
I wrote this a long time ago, its still good i think though