Hello, I am Sin This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Hello, I am Insanity.

I am the white rabbit and the hole you chased it down. I am every Cheshire grin reflected in every mirror hall, and every bleeding rose in every shard when you break them. I am the madness behind every hatter at every tea party. I am the bottle that asks you to drink me. I am the cake that begs you to eat me. I am the caterpillar, watching from the mushroom as you struggle to remember who you are and what you’ve become. I am that you in your looking glass that flips reality backwards and is off with your head.

I am a nature of sin.

Hello, I am Deception.

I am every pretty lie he whispered in your ear, on summer nights when you were naïve enough to believe them all. I am the blush on your cheeks, the eye shadow on your lids that hides your disappointment from prying eyes. I am the gloss on your lips that smiles prettily when others ask, and the mascara on your lashes that looks away when you pass him. I am both your charade and your masquerade. I hide your tears and your eyes, your heart and your wrists. I am the shroud you’ve placed over the world in hopes of believing that underneath it there is still some mercy, some angel to save you. And then again, I am also your hopes.

I am a nature of sin.

Hello, I am Despair.

I am the circles under your eyes from sleepless nights. I am that cyan glare tattooed on your retinas, printed by each number of the alarm clock you’ve spent watching. I am that darkness pressing in on you, the cracks in your chewed fingernails, the grimy streaks on your face left by tears. I am the salt seeping into the cuts on your bitten lips. I am the wet and I am the cold and I am everything you hate but want so badly. I am that empty pit when you try to laugh and the red in your eyes when you try to cry. I’m your numb feet and your shaking hands and your chattered teeth. I am the hands that twist around your heart and squeeze, and I am the bubble of the scream that never leaves your throat.

I am a nature of sin.

Hello, I am Torment.

I am the person you see in the mirror every morning while you’re applying your face from a lipstick tube. I am the catch in your breath, the light in your eyes. I am that window to your soul that you can never close. I am that thing threatening to rip off your mask and expose you for what you are, and I am your fear of that happening. I am the butterflies in your stomach, and I am the one killing the butterflies. I am the one ripping off their wings one by one, and shoving them down your throat for you to swallow. I am the one pinning each longing glance to your heart with needles of hopelessness.

I am a nature of sin.

Hello, I am Destruction.

I am fire. I am smoke. I am the toxic clouds around your head, the torn asphalt beneath your feet, the broken glass in your heels. I am the skeletons of skyscrapers made of steel bones and brick skin. I am all that once was becoming all that will not be, and you standing in the wreckage. I am your mind wondering why, as your naïve belief in peace and fairy tales comes crashing down. I am your wings, crumpled and broken as you realize you cannot fly. I am the hole where your heart was torn out by corruption, and I am corruption itself.

I am a nature of sin.

Hello, I am Chaos.

I am screams of terror on humid, starless nights. I am broken windows and vandalized drug stores. I am the crow bar beating against your iron gate, your bloody handprints on the shower curtain. I am cracked fluorescent lights and grimy bathroom tiles puddled with water. I am the shadows swimming in your glassy eyes, the liquor at your lips, the laughter in your throat. I am the secret desires hidden behind locked doors. I peek at you from the keyhole in Pandora’s box, shaking your tempered frame, and when you release me I will be demons with red eyes and anarchy hidden as embodiments of power and control.

I am a nature of sin.

Hello, I am Death.

I am the spots of black in your vision, the water rushing down your throat when you try to breathe. I am the face you see in the noose hanging from your basement ceiling. I was the gun you ate yesterday, then I became the blackness, the nothingness, the emptiness. I am the fire and the brimstone, the light and the revelation. I am the graveyard dirt blanketing you in murky warmth. I am the worms that feed on your flesh. I am the blood sprayed across your couch, and all that’s left of you anymore. I am what’s waiting for you, I am what’s beckoning you. I am a shroud and a coffin and a scythe all at once. I am the harvester of human lives, and I am both heaven and hell. A demon and a god. And as you fall asleep for the last time, I become you.

I am the beginning and end of all sin.

theblondechickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 2 at 1:24 pm
Wonderful prose! It caused me to shiver quite a bit. You drew me in by the title, the first sentence, and left me a little more profound at the end. I especially liked the line, I was the gun you ate yesterday. Killer last line.

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 2:30 pm
THAT...was one of the most compelling things I have ever read in my life.

NataleeIreneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was amazing! You had me hooked from the first word. I love the idea of personifying sin; quite creative, if I do say so myself.

PurpleBrass3rd said...
Each word sucked me in and made me want to keep reading. That was amazing! I could see everything you told about. Brilliant imagery! 

LittleLadybird said...
Aug. 26, 2012 at 4:08 am
Wow!!! That was one of the best pieces of writing I've ever read. It is thought provoking but you can still understand it, you are an amazing writer!!!

PerksOfBeingMe said...
Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:33 am
This is very creative, the imagery is wonderful and I love how you personified Sin in so many different ways. This is a really good piece.

An-eloquent-leafThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2012 at 9:05 am
'Twas quite excellent, I might say. Each paragraph - each word, for that matter - was very powerful and, unsurprisingly, your metaphors and such were absolutely stupendous. I have read many pieces on Teen Ink, published or not, and this has got to be one of the best, in my opinion; therefore, I shall be favoriting it. Thank you.

zoekibbelaarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2012 at 9:06 am
I feel like I needed to post a comment to express how much I absolutely loved this, but I am at a loss for words. With every paragraph I read, my heart clenched more and more and more. The comparisons, metaphors and allusions are brilliant. I felt like I was a part of the writing, just by reading it. Really one of the best things I have ever read. 

ShayleeMar said...
OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so..... its just.... wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't think of a word to describe it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Touching.

ThisGirl said...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:36 am
This really is amazing. The last paragraph, the one about death, is extremely powerful. Great job! Keep writing!

ERochelle23 said...
I love how you introduce each 'Sin' as a person, and your imagery is fantastic! On Insanity though, I suggest trying different wording or something, all I could think was "This is from Alice In Wonderland." Good job though!

awesomesauce21 said...
wow i love your amazing description, it was dark, haunting, but also terrifying real, keep on writing!

Megsalot said...
This gave me goosebumps. I feel cold on this humid summer day... Keep writing, even though it's dark, I love it!

TheSilverLaurel said...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:47 am

this is the awesomest thin ive ever read! it sounds like something a psycopath would say, you can almost hear someone saying it, the lunacy in their voice.....

keep writing :)

queenbee1888 said...
that was wonderful. i loved every bit of it. the beginning with all the alice in wonderland references was amazing then the end with the death and all. i just loved it

tikapeek97 said...

wow that was great...different, but great

Tyana said...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 7:20 am
This is amazing, i love it. good work!

ashyshadow said...

dude this is so wow i couldnt stop

reading its amazing and the best

thing that i have ever read i hope

ur a writer one day ill buy all ur 

books=)

Bubbles99 said...
This is fantastic. Beatuiful. I love it. You're so talented! I was actually a little scared while reading it. The metaphors and word choice and everything just flows together magnificently. (:

COEURDARKO said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 9:27 am
This is officially my favorite piece ever! Dude, you are T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D