The Perfect Girl.

There once was a sweet innocent perfect girl. This perfect girl had the perfect life. She had the perfect boyfriend and the perfect best friend. The perfect parents and the perfect grades. Her life was perfect until she discovered what truly happens beyond your mirror. You think your mirror is just a reflection right? Well, your wrong. Your mirror is a portal to a completely different world it’s the same world as ours but the only difference is every person in you’re your so mirror looks just like you but has a completely different personality like if your shy its confident and vise versa. But if you were to switch places with double then problems start because it is your opposite so it has different friends with the same faces as yours but different personalities. Everyone notices and things happen. But first let me tell you about Alexandra Nicole Dunlap the girl with the perfect life.

5:30 Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Sounded the alarm clock making Aley wake up for school. “Time to wake sleeping beauty” called my dad as he opened my door a crack “I’m up dad” “just making sure” he said as he closed the door again and walked back to his bed to sleep for another hour or so. Aley got up and brushed her hair and teeth then went towards her closet. “What should I wear today” she said to herself as she looked through the hangers at her various outfits from Abercrombie & Finch, Hollister, Abercrombie, etc. and finally picked out a pink plaid skirt with a white shirt, black vest and matching skinny tie. And as usual she looked perfect just like her life. At School she met up with her boyfriend Kevin Nelms “Hey A.n.d.” that was the one flaw in her life her initials were and she hated it when people called her it. “You know I hate that nickname kevie” he rolled his eyes she came up with that cause he kept calling her and. Then the first bell rang.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~School~Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a perfect day at school yet again with her perfect grades she came home to her perfect parents and began to get ready for the football game tonight of course she was head cheerleader and of course he boyfriend was the star quarterback. She put on her tight red and blue top with the matching even tighter skirt. And headed to the game in witch for good luck gave her boyfriend a kiss for which he didn’t mind and won the game 24-0. After going home discovered what at first she thought was wonderful.

Why can’t my life be at least a little un-perfect? She said as she looked in the mirror. “Because my life sucks” her reflection said. She stared at her reflection as though she must be crazy. “What are you looking at?” her reflection said again. “How are you talking to me your just a reflection” she said, “well you started talking to me first” he reflection countered. “True but I didn’t think mirrors could talk” “well I answer your question so maybe I should just go” her reflection started to walk away even thought she didn’t even move a mussel. “Wait, why does your life suck?” “Because yours is perfect are worlds are parallel if my world sucks yours is perfect, and vise versa.” “I feel bad for you” Aley said. “well I know how you can fix things without ruining your life..” said her reflection “come closer” Aley leaned towards the mirror and her Reflection pulled her in and came through to are world and as Aley banged on the mirror she couldn’t get through “enjoy your new life” her now her reflection said.

AwesomeAley said...
Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:44 pm:
I actually went back and revised this story, it's now called Mirrors don't lie

AbbyMarie said...
Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:55 am:
The idea for the story was fabulous. It was very interesting and new. I've never read something like this before. However, it would be better if you would go back and revise. Make sure everything is spelled right and all. Also maybe bigger words? All in all I really liked the story line. You should expand, because I would for sure read it!

jennaanne said...
its confsuing because of the grammar and such, but an interesting plot.

ShayleeMarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Finish please!

RachaelSt said...
VEDDY NICE!

emilybwrites said...
i thought this was pretty good! can u check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and some of my other work and please comment/rate it!!!!

OMGstory This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

You have a very interesting idea but I feel like you either rushed writing it or had a hard time trying to portray it in words.

It would be nice if you could explain the parallel worlds a little more and expand on the story. The person-mirror dialogue could be expanded a bit too.

But, it's really good idea and you have the right start :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 4:08 pm:
Great story gkeep it up  could you please take a look at and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would really appreciate it

pnkninja11 said...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 9:04 am:
This story is very interesting. Near the ending was the most appealing to me. I can't really relate to this but I think most people don't have perfect lives. They mess up once in awhile but they eventually learn frorm their mistakes.

XxRoxixRvengexX said...
Really good plot idea, I liked the story, however, you could have fleashed it out a bit...all in all pretty good:) Keep it up!

ILIKePIEZ said...
to tell you the truth this one was the first one that didn't bore me to death i kinda enjoyed it but it needs work but only a little its a good storyline though. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

bluespark13 said...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 11:52 am:
COOL STORY!!!

roxymutt said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:11 pm:
i liked the story but it seemed almost a bit rushed...u might have wanted to draw out the conversation of the mirror twins more...described the world in the mirror compared to the world in real life...not necissarily that it was the opposite but give examples about how it was opposite..good piece tho

_Elsy_ said...
Jun. 21, 2010 at 8:28 am:
instresting, compared to her i',not crazy at all, i liked it. Can you read some of my stuff?

Ninten1992 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2010 at 12:32 pm:
This is great!

SportyZo77 said...
This is a good story but i think the intro needs to be worked on a little bit. That of course is just my opinion.

amae10 replied...
Jun. 21, 2010 at 1:28 pm :
I agree completely! Good story and has good elements, but the intro needs someeee work! My opinion also, but it's hard to understand and doesn't flow at all.

AwesomeAley said...
alley awsome stor loved it and my life is not that perfect like that well i gtg bye

williamsn said...
This story was remarkably enjoyable, to me mostly because I can guess that all girls wish to have a life like that, and you are showing them that it may not be all that it is cut out to be. From, "Your mirror is a portal..." to, "..as yours but different personalities." made me wonder what my counterpart would be like. Would he be shy? Would he be outgoing? I do not know, and probably never will but I will think about it. Another part that I liked was the entire last paragrap... (more »)

williamsn said...
This story was remarkably enjoyable, to me mostly because I can guess that all girls wish to have a life like that, and you are showing them that it may not be all that it is cut out to be. From, "Your mirror is a portal..." to, "..as yours but different personalities." made me wonder what my counterpart would be like. Would he be shy? Would he be outgoing? I do not know, and probably never will but I will think about it. Another part that I liked was the entire last par... (more »)