Schools Out

Amy Fisher was hiding under the lunch tables in the cafeteria. Her fear was sensed by the killer as he stalked her every move. She was scared and nearly in tears for her life was in jeopardy and how someone like this could try to kill her. She didn’t see his face; it was too dark, too cold, and too scary to even think who could do this.

She clasped her hands over her mouth when she heard foot steps. The nine inch blade was scrapping across the tables and the loud squeaky noise made her ears drums shake.

“Oh Amy…” said the man.

How does he know my name? she thought.

“Why don’t you come out, you can’t hide, but you sure can run, I have been chasing you for an hour. There is no where for you to go. Doors are locked,” He pushed one of the tables over turning it upside down. Amy’s eyes widened with fear. “No janitor is here to listen to you scream” he pushed another one over, turning it upside down. He was only one table away from Amy and Amy knew he was close. “So you might as well give up…” he pushed the second to last table over upside down and he stood next to the table Amy was over and put his hands under it. Amy saw the blood that was on his hands, she knew it wasn’t hers. “because if you don’t then I will rip in your insides out!” he turned the last table over, but Amy was quick and she ran out.

She didn’t look back she didn’t even want to look back. She ran down one of the school hall-ways. Her mind was some where else for she wasn’t able to think. All she focused on now was getting away from him who ever he was. She turned right and made her way back to the cafeteria the front door was on the east side and it was connected to the cafeteria. The main staircase was also in the cafeteria that led up to the upstairs.

Amy wasn’t able to see a figure for all she saw was darkness, the street lights and the moon light was the only thing that gave her any sense of light. What was she going to do if he popped out? How far would she go to fight?

She made it to the front doors but the man was right, they were locked. S*** she thought. She turned around to see if he was behind her, he wasn’t. The street light that came through the window didn’t extend all through the cafeteria. She could only see five feet in front of her, and barley the stair case that was ten feet away.

Making her steps quick and soundless, Amy slipped into the office doors. She grabbed one of the chairs that was in the waiting room and walked slowly to the front doors. No sound, not even a foot step was echoed. Where is he? She asked her self.

The sense of fear had left her now. She was in the sense of surviving and that’s all that mattered right now.

One of the office door knobs were in her hand and one of the chairs was in her other hand. She was ready to go. She wasn’t going to die the day summer started, school was out and she wasn’t going to die. She was going to live and nothing would stop her.

Or would it?

The door was open and she slipped out. She dragged the chair steadily, it made a low sound but she stopped hoping that it didn’t attract his attention. Once she stopped there was another noise…foot steps.

He slammed his body into her and they tumbled into the floor. Amy hit her head on the marble floor and she screamed. The killer grabbed her hair and dragged her up on her feet. “You want out?!” He bellowed.

He dragged her over the front doors and pushed her through the glass doors. Amy landed on shattered glass and glass lodged into her leg. She wept and screamed when she tried to get up and run. She tried to drag her self away but the glass dug into her hands and it made her yelp.

The killer picked her up by her stomach and took her back into the school. Amy screamed and kicked but couldn’t kick that long, the glass in her leg dug deeper when she kicked. She felt a warm liquid run down her leg and face which smelt like blood.

Amy was being carried up the main stair case and she didn’t know what was going to happen next. He set her stomach on the rail and Amy was looking down fifteen feet and the marble floor.

The nine inch knife dug into her back and Amy screamed. Her screams echoed through out the school but no one could hear. He dug the knife back into her back and she screamed again, he stabbed over and over and her screams faded. She was starting to lose life itself. He grabbed her hair and pulled her up and then picked her up. His face was hidden in the dark and blood was pouring out of her mouth.

“Why?” Amy managed to choke out. Her last words, her last breath, and her last scream.

He threw her over the rail and she screamed one last scream as she hit the marbled floor on her back. Her head hitting the ground so hard it cracked, and her spine was shattered killing her instantly.

“Because,” the man said between heavy breaths, “schools out…”

sweetheart2598 said...
Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:36 am:
This is really good! I was so scared but then again i love things like that if it's not scary or anything like that i get bored

dreamer3 said...
Omg i loved it keep writing

JeffN said...
Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:36 am:
FYI everyone! I made this story into a screen play! My friends and I are making it into a movie! I just uploaded to Teen Ink be sure to look for it! It's a new twist to the story!

Boota replied...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 9:40 am :
very riveting. (probably didnt spell that right.)

Elvinn said...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 9:18 am:
I Love This storyyy

Art94 said...
That was AMAZING!!! :D, your work was truly enticing, just make sure you edit fully next time. But it didn't ruin the qaulity of the story though. 

2Kay12 said...
This was the first story I read on Teenink...and I must say, YOUR story made me really like this website! :) Amazing Job! :D

sberning said...
this was amazing. but there are some mistakes. you should make sure that a few diferent people profread next time. keep on wrighting. :)

MorbidIsThyImagination said...
That story was utterly amazing!

booklover104 said...
May 8, 2011 at 7:34 pm:
I have to say one of the best stories I have read so far. Great Job in not holding anything back. I definately do not think it was gory at all. It was exactly what thriller has to be. Congratz....one of the best. The voice is a bit off, but it is great!!!! I loved it and it kept me glued to my laptop!!!! The ending was awesome. It made my day!!! =)

IntrepidRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Part of is written in passive voice. Try using actvie voice instead.

RahmaReads said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:35 am:
This is just way too amazing! Keep Writing!

RahmaReads said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:33 am:
I love reading and writing, and I believe I have a talent in english language and literature. :D

HollerGirl26 said...

I mean I liked it but...too much gore I think /: sorry! I did like the intensity!

sweetheart2598 replied...
Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:40 am :
well this is the suspense section of teen ink so it's going be scary and gory

Annerdy said...
I liked how dramatic it was. Every line caught my attention and my eyes were nearly glued to the screen. It left me craving for more, something that ties the whole story together and but still keeps the reader guessing, ya know what I mean? That was great. Keep writing. :]

love is grand said...
i think there should be a prequel

haha4579 said...
That was amazing!!!! Dont right a sequle becuz its amazing as it is! Its so good and mysterious! loved it!

kennapie12 said...
Amazing!!! please please write more to it!!!

LegandInTheMaking said...
very nice.. i like the suspence readers can get from this! very good