Untraceable | Teen Ink

Untraceable

My heart was racing even though I took calming breaths. Tears slid down my cheeks even though I tried not to cry. I was an assassin. I couldn't cry. Though crying was better than screaming.
I pressed the gas pedal down until I was going as fast as a mini van stocked with explosive weapons can go. I had to get to my younger brothers home. Now! In less than twenty-four hours my brothers would be dead because of Untraceable, me. Some times I wish I hadn’t become an assassin, it was a dirty, filthy way to live, but I couldn’t live as a primpy teenager who hadn’t worked a day in her life.
I shook my head, wiped my tears away with the back of my hand, which smeared dirt across my face making me look scruffier than ever. I was almost there. Not even a mile. I slammed on the breaks as I saw a house coming up. I checked the address. It was Freddy’s house. I pulled into the drive.
The house was painted a beautiful egg shell color, with brick red roofing and black curtains on every window it was beautiful. I couldn’t believe my brother was capable of doing that. The drive covered in sandy beach pavers that didn’t even have a tire scuff on them. The only word I could think to describe it as was, “Amazing.”
I parked my mini van in front of the house. I know it would be rude to do that, but I had an assassin on my butt, I didn’t have time to bring manners into this.
I spent a few minutes to prepare myself. I didn’t expect the assassin to be there already, nor did I believe my four brothers would come rushing out of the house, waving guns. I pulled my jacket off, one sleeve at a time. Over my tank top I had five knives strapped across my tight stomach. Each knife was sharpened, and each knife was a different size, each for a different job. I pulled my slacks up past my knees and unstrapped the guns from my calf muscles.
In the end I strapped two hand guns to each calf muscle, replaced the knives after checking the blades. I slung a sash of spare bullet over my shoulder before replacing my jean jacket.
Finally, after ten minutes I stepped out of the mini van. I walked up the three small porch steps, and rang the doorbell. The door was jerked open as I was pressing the doorbell button.
“Who are you?” Freddy demanded. I saw Shaun, Nick and Jake in the background.
I rolled my eyes and put on my best smile.
“I’m your older sister.”
He fainted.
“Great. I come here with a smile on my face, an assassin on my butt, and my brother faints.” I lean over, and start tugging on his arm. I may be one hundred-sixty pounds of pure muscle, but he was just too heavy for me.
Are you going to help me or just stand there?” I asked, brushing stray strands of hair behind my ear and glancing at the four men standing in the hallway. Wait! Four!
I stood up.
“Who are you?” I nodded my head at the red head across the room.
“I would be asking you the same.” Said Shaun.
I shot him a dirty look.
“I already told you, I’m your sister.” I turned back at the fifth wheel. “Your name? You might as well tell me,” I pull out on of my pistols. “I don’t want to shed blood.”

Fredwardness said...
on Sep. 12 2009 at 2:06 pm
Umm. i didnt like your story but i feel that you are a good writer... it was kinda funny when he fainte but it wasnt my taste

on Sep. 9 2009 at 4:41 pm
Onceknown BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

Courage is doing what your afraid to do
There can be no courage unless your scared
-Eddie Rickerbacker

I agree with TheUnkownGuest this story is verygood, yet slightly confusing

Annika GOLD said...
on Sep. 6 2009 at 8:57 pm
Annika GOLD, SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota
that was awesome!!! if thats the beginning amazing cause i wanna read the rest.

LaylaViolet said...
on Sep. 4 2009 at 1:38 pm
Totally agree with TheUnknownGuest. It also makes me laugh from "He fainted." Keep on writing.

on Sep. 4 2009 at 12:24 pm
TheUnknownGuest GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia

I can't remember it clearly, but it went something like this:

"The past is the past, the future is the furture. But now, now is like a gift, which is why it is called present."

I'm not sure I get it..... But other than that, It's awesomely written!.... :)