Missing | Teen Ink

Missing

Missing

Saturday Night 11:45 PM:

It’s a cold windy night, I'm in the taxi again, drunk. I'm not too drunk, just enough to feel the buzz. I'm on my way home from the downtown bar, which I don't even know why I went there in the first place, I guess I just had to get out of the house.

It starts pouring rain, then I arrive home. I run up to my apartment soaked. I walk into my house a total mess and my cat rubbing all over my legs. “I'll clean it tomorrow,” I say to myself. I feed my cat and then get ready for bed then fall into bed and fall asleep.

Sunday Morning 10:34 AM:

My alarm clock goes off. I wake up with my head throbbing, the terrible smell of the cat litter box and my cat whining for some more food. I slam on my alarm clock for it to shut up and head to the kitchen for some Tylenol and water to try to settle my headache. I open the window to try and air out the nasty odor. I feed my cat and head to the bathroom for a shower.

Afternoon at 12:00 PM:

I'm halfway done with cleaning my apartment. I'm wanting to go somewhere and just get this off my mind for a while but I'm getting into cleaning my place, and I should probably keep my cat company because he's always here alone.

1:30 PM:

I'm getting ready to leave the house. As I'm about to step into my bathroom to do my makeup, I hear a knock on my front door with the words “FBI please open up, we have a couple of questions for you.” Me, terrified and totally lost for words said: “one moment please.” I stepped into the bathroom and fixed myself really quickly, ran over and answered the door. “Hello, what were the questions you needed to ask me?” One of them replied, “hi, I'm Agent Smith and this is my partner, Agent Wilson, Have you seen this girl” as pointed at his partner and he showed a paper with her face on it. Long brown hair, green eyes, perfect skin. I know who that is. Hailey Charming, my best friend growing up as a kid. “Oh my god, I know her is she okay?” He said that she's been missing for a couple of days and her parents are worried sick about her but so was i. They leave with the words of “give us a call if you hear anything” and gave me their cards. As they leave I get ready to go out.

2:22 PM:

I've just arrived at the grocery store. I'm still overthinking the whole of my friend's gone missing thing. I keep imagining all the things that could've happened to her and it gives me the hibby jibbies. I can't even imagine something like that happening to me though. I have so many questions like, is she okay? Who took her? Was there even someone who did? Where is she? Did she run away? There are probably a hundred more questions on my mind. I'm just confused

Shopping List:

Cat food    

Bread

Peanut butter

Noodles

Chips

veggies/ fruits

Chicken or turkey sausage

Milk

4:41 PM:

I wasn't expecting to take that long in the grocery store but it is what it is. I got everything I needed in there plus some, which isn't surprising because I didn't need a lot anyway.

5:11 PM:

I'm just now arriving home. I grabbed all my grocery bags at once because I don't wanna do a second run and head in.

8:28 PM:

A couple of hours have passed, and I'm sitting on my bed when my phone starts to ring. It is an unknown number so I'm not that happy to answer it. I put it on mute, and I finally see it stop. I'm thinking it could be the neighbor kids trying to prank call me again. Then it rings again, I answer it and before I even get halfway through “hello” I get interrupted by “Jess please help me, I'm in some weirdos basement, I don't even know him” shes talking so quietly so I'm sure she doesn't have much time so I tell her to send me her address and delete the message after so he doesn't find it. I end the call with the words “I'll do everything I can I promise.” I get a text with the location a few minutes after the call. I'm getting ready to go see where this guy lives.

8:42 PM:

I'm now leaving my house, but I need to be careful. He could be after me next for all I know. I follow the directions to the dirty, kinda run down, house and turn off my headlights. I'm watching the window to see if I see anything strange.

9:35 PM:

I've been here for almost an hour and I haven't seen anything yet. I'm doubting this is the wrong house because this is the address that she sent me. I'll just wait a couple more minutes… Then that's when I see him. As I'm doubting everything I see him in his kitchen, tall, fat, bald and big nose. My blood is rushing through my body and my heart starts racing. I need to plan this out before I just go suicide running into this weirdos house. Who knows how many people he's killed.

My Plan:

Wait until I see him go downstairs

Sneak to the door

Pick Lock it

Sneak into the kitchen and grab a knife

Quietly sneak downstairs to see what’s going on.. And go from there

10:35 PM:

I finally see him walk down the stairs. Then I get out of my car and make my way to the door. I see the light in the kitchen turn back on I hide in the bushes next to the door. He grabs something that I cannot see from the left cabinet and heads downstairs again. Once, I see the light go off I start to pick the lock. After a few seconds, I'm in. I open the door as quietly and calmly as I can. As I'm about to enter, I hear a scream. I quietly run over to the stairs to the downstairs basement and walk quietly down. I open the door slightly to try and see what's going on and I see her, bloody, tied to a chair and tape on her mouth. Then I hear a knock. I hide in the closet next to the stairs hoping and praying he won't find me. I made a phone call when he went up the stairs to answer the door, then I ran into the basement to see Hailey.

11:00 PM:

I untied her and took the tape off of her mouth. While I was trying to get her up I hear his big footsteps coming down the stairs. We hid in the closet and he was pissed. He ran back upstairs assuming that's where he thought she went, and we went up a minute after. We try to go straight for the door but he noticed us. In shock, we ran out the door and for my car and that's when the cops showed up. They took him, and they took Hailey to tell her story, clean her up and have her call her family.

11:45 PM:

I showed up back at home and pat my cat. I'm so glad this night is over. I feel good for saving my best friends life too. I've done a good deed today.

hoping its good