The Boy With Blue Eyes | Teen Ink

The Boy With Blue Eyes

Randall, Jack, Lauren, and Ashley are seated for dinner. I watch them from the small corner in the back on the diner. Lu’s shop is a small diner on the west side of our small town. The diner is small and very cute. Blue borders every side of the diner. Randall, Jack, Lauren, and Ashley were all sipping on there milkshakes. I watch them laugh and have fun on their nice double date. Randall is a very muscular boy. He has very broad shoulders, bright blue eyes. Almost every girl would fall in love with. His face is sweet and luring. When he speaks it sends butterflies through girls stomach. I would know.

Randall overs his hand to Ashley, helping her up out of the booth. They hold hands as they exit the diner. As I try to stand I wobble on my prosthetic foot. I take a deep breath and remember my duties. I follow the two couples at a safe distance, while still being close enough to see where they are going but still far enough to not make out their conversations. Randall had taken off his sweatshirt and given it to Ashley for warmth. What a cover-up. Ashley was way too good for a sinned man like him. She was absolutely perfect. Light brown hair that fell to the lower part of her back. Dark green eyes that I'd kill for and freckles that kiss all over her nose and cheeks.

It was now around 9 pm on a Tuesday night. The air was cold enough to allow you to see your exhale. Randall's hand was perfectly slipped into Ashley's hand. As we moved around the corner of west elm street the couples stop and split off into different directions. I follow Randall. He went north, on Bridgedale street. As I followed the cracked old concrete I noticed we were moving farther and farther out of town. The woods began to thicken each minute we continued to follow this path. The sounds of other creatures and bugs had now filled the air. The smell of freshwater could now be smelled. The concrete road finally turned into a dirt road, making it hard for my prosthetic and I.

Randall stopped in his path. He turned towards Ashley. I couldn't make out what they were saying. The noise of crickets and the river water threw me off track. Randall kissed Ashley. My stomach burned out of hatred and fear. I was scared for Ashley's life. They were standing in the same position me and Randall had months before. He grabbed around the back of her neck and laced his fingers into her hair. I felt stuck. I wanted to help her out so badly. My knees felt weak and I couldn't stand up. The wind began blowing hard, allowing leaves to fall around them.

As the two were kissing I seem him tighten his grasps on the back of her neck. I'm trying my hardest to get up and help. She cannot be another one of those lost girl stories. My arm still is lined with the bruises that he had given me. My head started to ache with the old taste of blood. I watch him quickly grab the back of her neck tightly and force her face into the ground. I can hear her trying to scream. My heart races. I push up with all my might. My prosthetic still giving me problems with the dirt.  

I run my way over to them. I grab the pocket knife I've kept ever since coming in contact with him. I charge with all my might. He turns his head. As I charge I watch those killer blue eyes sting into my head like a headache. He lets go of Ashley and grabs my arm trying to protect himself from my attack. I watch as his eyes widen as he noticed who I was. “ How are you alive?” he says in a harsh and uncaring tone. I use my arms and put as much force as I can into the knife but he's strong. I can hear Ashley choking next to us. “ Fine, you want to be a problem. Let me fix it.” He says I watch as he goes to kick my leg.  I squeeze my eyes shut and feel the pressure of the blow. My prosthetic had popped out and fell after he kicked it. He stopped for a moment of shock.

I threw my body on to him hoping to do some damage. We fall to the grown. I take my fist and force it down into his nose. I watch as his nose bleeds. He groans in pain. He throws his body over mine. He takes my knife and places the tip on my throat. My heart beats and my breathing becomes deeper and harder. I remember the moment he did the same thing to Ashley but to me. The amazing date we had. The walk home. But it didn't end so magical. I had fought back. Able to escape and run away. But he had beaten me pretty badly. I had lost my leg that day from him stabbing me. I open my eyes watching his face turn into a grin. “Any last words darling?” he says pushing a piece of my hair away from my eyes from his open hand. I spit into his face and close my eyes preparing for what gonna happen next.

Wet. I only felt warm wet liquid on my face and neck.  Tic tac. The sound made me want to go insane. I open my eyes to his lifeless body on top of me, Ashley was towering over both of us. She has a huge rock in her hand that was now covered in blood. I could feel the sting in my right shoulder followed by warmness. I looked over and saw the knife in my shoulder. My head spun and my mind began to run dark. I take small shallow breaths and count my heartbeat. It was slowly fading.  Ashley was ripping her shirt up trying to stop the bleeding on my shoulder. I laid there lifeless and cold. “ Don't worry. He's gone now. It's okay if I die.” I say dull and lifeless. I couldn't make out what Ashley was saying before I finally slipped into the darkness.

I love writing about mysteries and other thriller things. I loved writing this and I hope to expand on the idea!