Smile | Teen Ink

Smile

You are walking down the street. You are fearless. Untouchable. Invincible. You want your freedom, your release. You can’t go where they want to take you. You know they won’t. They don’t have the skill. They say they want what’s best for you. They don’t. The fact doesn’t change that they are on to you. You can’t leave. Not just yet. You have to meet him at the cafe first. The one you had chosen specifically for this night. You will have your chance. You continue walking. You’re almost there. You open the door, and walk inside. There he is, smiling. He is looking at you, and smiling. He has always done this. You smile back, fully knowing that he will be smiling all night. You sit down next to him. All you can think about is him. You have a nice chat with him. You bring him back to your apartment. He smiles. You smile back. The wine is perfect. He’s only a little tipsy. They think that he is just another means to an end. They are wrong. This is the last time you get to do this. At least, in this city. Make it good. You sit down next to him on the couch. You look into his eyes. His beautiful, gray eyes. You smile. He smiles. Your hands come up to graze his face. His lips touch yours. Then, your hands drop to your side. They grab the kitchen instrument, and plunge it into his stomach. Finally, release. He falls back. You see the blue and red lights, coming from outside. They found you. Never mind them, you have your prize. You fix his lifeless face. There. He is still smiling. He will never stop. He was your target. Your last. He loved you. He didn’t know you. Not really. He was your kill. They’ll never catch you. You smile.

afiorito said...
afiorito, San Francisco, California
Fabulous story. Makes me wonder of the events leading up to this moment...perhaps a book?