Ghosts In The Attic | Teen Ink

Ghosts In The Attic

October 26, 2018
By aarixanna BRONZE, Conyers, Georgia
aarixanna BRONZE, Conyers, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

     "Isabella, wake up!!" Andrew panic ally says as he's trying to shake her sister up from her sleep. "I think I'm hearing voices!" Isabella with her eyes barely open says "Are you CRAZY!? Go back to sleep." She rolls back into the side of her bed and tries to ignore him. ''Isabella, Please!!" She gets up from her bed and asks "What do you want Andrew!! I'm tired." Isabella looks at him half asleep, her short dark brown dark hair is in a messy bun. "Follow me." He leads her to the attic door. "Do you hear that?" He asks. Isabella presses her ear next to the door. "Not really... oh wait" Isabella starts hearing voices. She looks at Andrew with a worried look "Who is that?" "I'm not sure but I've been hearing it all week ever since we moved here." he responds. "It’s kind of creepy! Don't you think you should tell mom and dad?" Isabella suggests. "Do you really think they'll believe us, c'mon they'll think we're crazy." He says. "Well, we can at least try and see." Isabella murmured. The next day, when they had breakfast together, Bella and Andrew could not stop starring at one another. Bella couldn't hold it in any longer. "Hey dad, what's in the attic?" he told her "Nothing, we were going to put extra boxes up there later today." and with a confused voice she asked "So what's with all the noise, where's that coming from then? "It could be rats?" Blurted out their mother. "Honey, no, it can't be rats." said father. “Well Andrew and I have been hearing voices from there?” explains Bella.  Both parents giggle, “Sweetie, no that’s crazy, you’re maybe just imagining that your own self.” She stays quiet and says no more. Later that night, after finishing moving the boxes into the attic, Andrew and Bella decided to stay up and go see the attic. When everyone is asleep, they grab the flashlights, and go upstairs. They quietly open the door, and as they walk, the floors creak. And like any other movie, the door from behind closes shut. Both freak out, and get scared, but they still wanted to know what it was that keeps on making these weird noises. They remembered before moving from Ohio, one of Andrew’s friend gave them a gift. It was a Ouija board. They hid it in one of the boxes with the number 13. They went in search for it, box after box, they finally found box 13. When they opened it, they found it. They set it out onto the floor, put out candles, and anything they could. At last, they finally got down and ready to start asking questions. They started out simple, asking if there really were any spirits in there. Yes, it said. If the spirit was friendly. No answer. And the board just started to shake, and it slid across the floor. They immediately got up and run for the door. But it was closed, they screamed, and hollered, and they heard a voice say, “You’ll need more strength than that.” They turn around and flash the room, “Show YOURSELF” they said. And there comes a blue light shining from outside the window. They go see what it is, and by surprise, it left them scared for the rest of their lives.